[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What would you give up to get Eddy?
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/3/2004  11:42 AM
A lot of the Crawford articles report that Isiah is trying to get Eddy Curry. What would you give up to get him? I wouldn't give up much because he has poor work ethic and has shown up so overweight. I would not give up Marbury or Sweetney; I might give up TT. I would give up anyone else (I think).
AUTOADVERT
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
8/3/2004  11:51 AM
I'd surely give up TT, cause good SF are easier to find that high potential centers.

Anyone outside of marbury, in fact. Loosing sweet would hurt, but to get you have to give.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
8/3/2004  11:52 AM
I agree, although Chandler is a better target in my opinion.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/3/2004  12:04 PM
i think the Bulls could easily get Vince Carter for a Crawford/Curry package...if the Knicks want them, they'll have to be willing to give up Sweetney & just about anyone else other than Marbury.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/3/2004  12:05 PM
WHAT? What in god's name are you talking about? There is no chance to get Curry or Chandler. Zero. None. It's impossible. It will never happen. NEver. The only trade he'll accept is the one for Swift and Bonzi. And Chandler will never ever ever be traded. Be reasonable guys. Isn't it enough that we're close to Jamal and maybe Damps too?
¿ △ ?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/3/2004  12:09 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

WHAT? What in god's name are you talking about? There is no chance to get Curry or Chandler. Zero. None. It's impossible. It will never happen. NEver. The only trade he'll accept is the one for Swift and Bonzi. And Chandler will never ever ever be traded. Be reasonable guys. Isn't it enough that we're close to Jamal and maybe Damps too?

i pretty much agree w/u there...i was just saying, it's not even remotely realistic to think that you could get both those guys w/o being willing to give up just about any player on this roster when the Bulls could probably get a superstar player like Vince Carter for them.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/3/2004  12:12 PM
I can see Chandler being traded--- he's missed a lot of games for a chronic back condition. I don't think he's max-contract material, and perhaps Paxson would prefer if some other team made the decision on what he's worth.

Curry, because of his size and demonstrated potential, is going to be a max player. The problem with him is that people say he's lazy--- if the reports are correct, gaining 35lbs over the summer when you're supposed to be trimming down is clearly poor work ethic. Maybe this can be chalked up to youth and immaturity... but the problem is that his conditioning seems to get worse every year.

I could see him being traded, but the Bulls would want some serious talent in return. After all, potential franchise centers aren't exactly a dime a dozen.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
codeunknown
8/3/2004  12:18 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

And Chandler will never ever ever be traded.

Wow, those are strong words for a player that missed 3/4 of last season. I definitely think Chandler is available for the right price, I also don't think we have the goods to get him. I think the thread was mean't to gauge what kind of package we would have to put together to get Crawford and Curry or Chandler. Its obviously very unlikely.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
8/3/2004  12:53 PM
For all of Curry's laziness there were many times where he was incredibly dominant last year. The mere fact that he's shown that much means we'll need to give up a ton to get him. We simply don't have the pieces.

I think Chandler is attainable...He's certainly a desirable player but he hasn't been able to stay healthy and the Bulls might decide that they can't deal with developing both Curry and Chandler. Chandler has flashed a lot too, but not as much as Curry and IMO they'd be more iwlling to trade him.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/3/2004  1:40 PM
Curry is EXACTLY why the Bulls stink. Talent without effort. Sometimes less talent is more when that player is dedicated to getting better. Curry goes from unstoppable to invisible in the same game, and he just doesnt work.

I'm not wrecking my roster because of Curry's upside.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/3/2004  1:50 PM
4 words:

"high risk, high reward"

OR

"i'd like that supersized"
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/3/2004  2:22 PM
see, I look at someone like Kwame Brown and I think he just doesnt get it. He's still learning to play the pro game, he's rich, he's 21, he wants to drive his car 100mph, but he also went to the bigman camp and comes into each year bigger, stronger and willing to work harder, and you can see the strides he is making. Curry shows up 35 pounds over fat in a contract year. Its one thing to act your age, but I dont think Curry cares about his career at this point.

Last year against the Knicks is a perfect example. He had 20 first half point on like 9-10 shooting. He didnt score in the 2nd half and looked bored an disinterested. This guy has no fire and desire to be a winner. Maybe its just a product of being on a bad team but these are big red flags for me.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/3/2004  2:28 PM
Posted by codeunknown:
Posted by crzymdups:

And Chandler will never ever ever be traded.

Wow, those are strong words for a player that missed 3/4 of last season. I definitely think Chandler is available for the right price, I also don't think we have the goods to get him. I think the thread was mean't to gauge what kind of package we would have to put together to get Crawford and Curry or Chandler. Its obviously very unlikely.

If you read the Chicago papers, they are extremely happy with how he's stuck to the workout regimen they gave him. The same reports that say they're pissed at Eddy.

I think they've decided to go with Tyson and make a play for Stromile.

Kirk/Frank?
Gordon/Duhol
Deng/Bonzi?
Swift?/Othella?
Chandler/Davis/Deke?

That's probably what they're going for this year...
¿ △ ?
codeunknown
8/3/2004  5:34 PM
I dont doubt that Chicago is pleased with Chandler's recovery and strength training - any weight gained is progress. But, just looking at him, it seems like he goes out to dinner with Curry every night and comes up empty. I wonder who picks up the check.

Chandler is definitely available despite his progress. Paxson's spin is fraught with lies. He'll do whatever it takes to attain his "vision" of the team - whether that includes Chandler or not. Now if he's smart, he should keep Chandler. But, if grows weary of the lack of bottom-line production (wins), Chandler and fodder could be traded for a marginal star.
raven
Canada
8/4/2004  3:33 AM
To think that the bulls had elton brand and trade him for three yrs or miserable basketball. man, this is just plain sad.
Bonn1997
USA
8/4/2004  8:16 AM
Posted by raven:

To think that the bulls had elton brand and trade him for three yrs or miserable basketball. man, this is just plain sad.
It's kind of like trading Jamal Crawford for junk players (plus maybe Frank) with tiny expiring contracts. Or trading Brad Miller for nothing. It's nothing new.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
8/4/2004  8:19 AM
Id be pissed if Thomas traded Sweets before the season started,before we got a chance to see what he would do in the regular season with extended minutes and in better shape.Curry has balooned which shows his lack of interest,while Sweetney is doing all the right things.Dont do it Isiah.
raven
Canada
8/4/2004  9:05 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by raven:

It's kind of like trading Jamal Crawford for junk players (plus maybe Frank) with tiny expiring contracts. Or trading Brad Miller for nothing. It's nothing new.

I don't know how long it will take to make all people forget the Jordan era, and see the bulls organization as a crappy one.

I mean, how many poor choices (trades, draft...) did they manage to do over the last yrs ? That's really frightening. At the same time, we were calling for layden's head though he still, as bad as he did, managed to keep us above the bulls.
raven
Canada
8/4/2004  9:07 AM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

Id be pissed if Thomas traded Sweets before the season started,before we got a chance to see what he would do in the regular season with extended minutes and in better shape.Curry has balooned which shows his lack of interest,while Sweetney is doing all the right things.Dont do it Isiah.

I don't know, it's really hard to judge that. Sweet is a nice guy and a hard worker, and I wouldn't trade him except for a great chance to imrove the team.

Is curry that chance ? I don't know, but it is especially because nobody knows it that he could be traded (not to us, that's all).

Btw, I hope sweet will start really soon.
Bonn1997
USA
8/4/2004  9:14 AM
Posted by raven:
Posted by Kwazimodal:

I don't know, it's really hard to judge that. Sweet is a nice guy and a hard worker, and I wouldn't trade him except for a great chance to imrove the team.

Is curry that chance ? I don't know, but it is especially because nobody knows it that he could be traded (not to us, that's all).

Btw, I hope sweet will start really soon.
I wouldn't trade Sweetney unless we were getting an all-star frontcourt player (and one with good low-post scoring and low-post defense; not one like Antoine Walker); otherwise, I'll just happily keep Sweetney
What would you give up to get Eddy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy