[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Orlando Summer League Schedule
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/2/2016  6:24 PM
Look at stupidity. Bigs go for such a premium yet Jones Stone and Hammons go rd 2. Makes no sense--they were all top 20 picks. I said it before the draft you didnt need a 1st rounder because what you got at 20 you could get at 40 and its true.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

7/2/2016  6:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:Knicks D is fine they just can't score and make poor passes.

The best player of the day was Georges Niang and its not even close--the guy is a man among boys. Passing rebounding 3 point shooting--hey we couldve had him. But like I think someone said we were Ronny the man Baker all the way.

Did not see the game, but my understanding is that his perimeter D is porous.

Does not really have a position which will get him a lot of minutes on that team with George and Turner.

Is he a 3 or a 4...with either one he has defensive limitations.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
7/2/2016  6:29 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

The best player of the day was Georges Niang and its not even close--the guy is a man among boys. Passing rebounding 3 point shooting--hey we couldve had him. But like I think someone said we were Ronny the man Baker all the way.

Does not really have a position which will get him a lot of minutes on that team with George and Turner.

Hes just a good smart player with oodles of basketball skill. I feel I followed this all year well since we had no picks--I looked at everything. I knew he was going to be a good role player--he'll be a solid rotational F in this league a LONG time. A guy who at 6-8 235 can handle shoot pass rebound--hes smart enough to fit in defensively--in fact he was a good post defender.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/2/2016  6:44 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Hes just a good smart player with oodles of basketball skill. I feel I followed this all year well since we had no picks--I looked at everything. I knew he was going to be a good role player--he'll be a solid rotational F in this league a LONG time. A guy who at 6-8 235 can handle shoot pass rebound--hes smart enough to fit in defensively--in fact he was a good post defender.

Knicks have a guy like that in J.J. Avila. I've got my eye on him this SL. He looked very quick and agile. His teammates missed him a few times in this 1st game. He just looks like he's got all kinds of skills.
BRIGGS
7/2/2016  7:03 PM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Knicks have a guy like that in J.J. Avila. I've got my eye on him this SL. He looked very quick and agile. His teammates missed him a few times in this 1st game. He just looks like he's got all kinds of skills.

nixluva--not close. Niang is a shooter to 30 feet who can play the style of basketball that suits the NBA right now--you have to guard him to 3 then he can either go right around you with the dribble or make a deft pass. JJ has multi skills but hes a great YMCA player

RIP Crushalot😞
STATMELO
Member: #3637

7/2/2016  8:19 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
STATMELO wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Interesting to see Baker being used as a lead guard.

Are they thinking of using him there sometimes?

I am not watching the game until tonight but it seemed like from the practice footage that was where they are playing him.

He looks capable. Combo guard for sure. He looks smoother with the ball than Gallo IMO.

I disagree don't see what your seeing looks very unnatural almost Dellavedova like and didn't look aggressive enough as a penetrator, rushed or gave up shots, missed wide open looks all day.

I liked his D but I don't see him guarding actual NBA guards. Summers and Plumlee lookee good, I'm intrigued by Tokoto's body and athletic ability.

Baker is a better shooter than he showed today...that is the last thing I would be worried about with him, and his movement on D tells me he can play it and will get better. Shot has looked flat.

Tokoto, on the other hand, has a rep for being a poor shooter, and I can see why- you can't count on him improving on a skill he's always had trouble with.

You expect Baker's shot to come around because of his history as a player...you just can't say the same for Tokoto.

Summers will turn 29 in January and has been in the NBA for parts of 4 seasons...he is what he is at this point.

Baker shot 35% from the college three point line so how good of a shooter is he? His defense looks fine in a SL environment but he doesn't look like he has the lateral quickness to defend NBA caliber PG's or size to guard SG's. Today is all I needed to see from him at PG dude is not a PG slow and awkward, average handling, can't penetrate.

Tokoto has NBA athleticism, he can play D and slash that jumper
comes along and that's a 3&D guy. Handle looked smooth too.

Summers is ready he has the physical profile and triple threat game, I have no idea why he hasn't stuck but that's just some guys look. He already showed he's a dominant D-League player, champion overseas, if I'm not mistaken leading or second leading scorer today.

reub
Member: #6227

7/2/2016  9:26 PM
Summers is a high usage, undisciplined scorer. Tokoto needs to develop a shot and hasn't in the last few seasons. Souleyman wasn't worth the signing. Kuzmic looked slow. Plumlee is active but lacks skills. Harris looks like he has a live NBA body and some skills. Baker will have to be a good shooter to have a chance. So Harris and Baker are the only guys with a chance unless Tokoto comes around. And they both need to improve every day!

Being that the varsity's bench is so thin we might be better off signing some guys from other teams. Bachynski could be a nice third center. He looks better than Kuzmic and Plumlee. Anyone else in the summer league catch anybody's eye so far?

reub

7/2/2016  9:29 PM
Oh and Labeyrie is terrible!
BRIGGS
7/2/2016  11:56 PM
reub wrote:Summers is a high usage, undisciplined scorer. Tokoto needs to develop a shot and hasn't in the last few seasons. Souleyman wasn't worth the signing. Kuzmic looked slow. Plumlee is active but lacks skills. Harris looks like he has a live NBA body and some skills. Baker will have to be a good shooter to have a chance. So Harris and Baker are the only guys with a chance unless Tokoto comes around. And they both need to improve every day!

Being that the varsity's bench is so thin we might be better off signing some guys from other teams. Bachynski could be a nice third center. He looks better than Kuzmic and Plumlee. Anyone else in the summer league catch anybody's eye so far?

Thd 7 foot PF from Hawaii Jancovic will be an NBA player he can shoot it. He's playing for the Heat
RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
7/2/2016  11:58 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

nixluva--not close. Niang is a shooter to 30 feet who can play the style of basketball that suits the NBA right now--you have to guard him to 3 then he can either go right around you with the dribble or make a deft pass. JJ has multi skills but hes a great YMCA player

Calling Avila a YMCA player seems a bit harsh. I look forward to seeing more of him. He looked quick and agile and smooth with the ball.
WaltLongmire

7/3/2016  12:03 AM
STATMELO wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
STATMELO wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Interesting to see Baker being used as a lead guard.

Are they thinking of using him there sometimes?

I am not watching the game until tonight but it seemed like from the practice footage that was where they are playing him.

He looks capable. Combo guard for sure. He looks smoother with the ball than Gallo IMO.

I disagree don't see what your seeing looks very unnatural almost Dellavedova like and didn't look aggressive enough as a penetrator, rushed or gave up shots, missed wide open looks all day.

I liked his D but I don't see him guarding actual NBA guards. Summers and Plumlee lookee good, I'm intrigued by Tokoto's body and athletic ability.

Baker is a better shooter than he showed today...that is the last thing I would be worried about with him, and his movement on D tells me he can play it and will get better. Shot has looked flat.

Tokoto, on the other hand, has a rep for being a poor shooter, and I can see why- you can't count on him improving on a skill he's always had trouble with.

You expect Baker's shot to come around because of his history as a player...you just can't say the same for Tokoto.

Summers will turn 29 in January and has been in the NBA for parts of 4 seasons...he is what he is at this point.

Baker shot 35% from the college three point line so how good of a shooter is he? His defense looks fine in a SL environment but he doesn't look like he has the lateral quickness to defend NBA caliber PG's or size to guard SG's. Today is all I needed to see from him at PG dude is not a PG slow and awkward, average handling, can't penetrate.

Tokoto has NBA athleticism, he can play D and slash that jumper
comes along and that's a 3&D guy. Handle looked smooth too.

Summers is ready he has the physical profile and triple threat game, I have no idea why he hasn't stuck but that's just some guys look. He already showed he's a dominant D-League player, champion overseas, if I'm not mistaken leading or second leading scorer today.

Baker is not a PG, no doubt about that. I think the Triangle can sometimes hide certain deficiencies in a "PG," but I would keep him as an off guard. He's considered to be a good shooter, but he hardly showed this vs Detroit.

Tokoto led the team in turnovers, and looked awkward in his shooting decisions. I was hoping to see a more polished player, and was disappointed. Looked good on D, but totally lacks confidence as an offensive player.

Watched Summers when he was with Westchester last year. Played a bit like the Melo who used to play on the Knicks, I think I even commented that he was playing that role with Westchester in a thread last year. Easy to root for him, and it is not impossible that he might make the team, but I figure that there's a reason why a 28 year old American player is in the SL trying to make the Knicks roster.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

7/3/2016  12:05 AM
reub wrote:Oh and Labeyrie is terrible!

Yeah...I was expecting a more polished offensive game at this point.

First game, maybe he gets a little more relaxed and makes some shots next game.

BRIGGS
7/3/2016  12:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2016  12:58 AM
A second rd pick should be really good at one or two specific skills / and or have tier 1 athletic ability and have showed in game how this athletic ability propels their game or just a flat out draft drop from obvious 1 st rd talent. This was a very strange draft where really you could do as well at 40 as you could at 15. The Knicks the last few years seem to be a club that has not been Discplined in their picks or simply believed erroneously they were looking at better talent than what was really there. Good teams tend to keep making good choices bad drafting teams like the Knicks the same
RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/3/2016  1:06 AM
BRIGGS wrote:A second rd pick should be really good at one or two specific skills / and or have tier 1 athletic ability and have showed in game how this athletic ability propels their game or just a flat out draft drop from obvious 1 st rd talent. This was a very strange draft where really you could do as well at 40 as you could at 15. The Knicks the last few years seem to be a club that has not been Discplined in their picks or simply believed erroneously they were looking at better talent than what was really there. Good teams tend to keep making good choices bad drafting teams like the Knicks the same

By "the last few years" you mean to say Cleanthony Early, right?

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/3/2016  1:49 AM
Just finished watching on the DVR. Wasn't impressed with Baker. His shot looked more like a heave, some really ugly shots. His perimeter D was ok against larger players, but smaller ones blew right by him.

I liked Diabate, he was a pest on D, coughed it up a few times, but he also got to the rim quite easily, good at driving and dishing.

Labeyrie put in a lot of work in the paint, but please don't shoot! Another player heaving the ball, not shooting. Could fill the same role as Jefferies used to (his second time in NY) someone who isn't counted on to score much, but does the dirty work under the rim.

One second Plumlee's midrange shot looked good, the next second it looks like he never played the game. Did like his defense.

Going to mute the game next time, Greg Anthony and company talked about almost everything but the game. I get its SL, but these guys were in their own little world.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/3/2016  2:03 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Just finished watching on the DVR. Wasn't impressed with Baker. His shot looked more like a heave, some really ugly shots. His perimeter D was ok against larger players, but smaller ones blew right by him.

I liked Diabate, he was a pest on D, coughed it up a few times, but he also got to the rim quite easily, good at driving and dishing.

Labeyrie put in a lot of work in the paint, but please don't shoot! Another player heaving the ball, not shooting. Could fill the same role as Jefferies used to (his second time in NY) someone who isn't counted on to score much, but does the dirty work under the rim.

One second Plumlee's midrange shot looked good, the next second it looks like he never played the game. Did like his defense.

Going to mute the game next time, Greg Anthony and company talked about almost everything but the game. I get its SL, but these guys were in their own little world.

Thanks for the review. I hope they have another replay tomorrow. I planned on watching it tonight at 8 but things came up.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
7/3/2016  2:14 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Just finished watching on the DVR. Wasn't impressed with Baker. His shot looked more like a heave, some really ugly shots. His perimeter D was ok against larger players, but smaller ones blew right by him.

Plumlee looked VERY GOOD. He was quick on D, blocked out, defended the rim, made mid range face up jumpers and Hook shots. Missing a few doesn't make him up and down. he was clearly the most consistently good player next to Summers. I like Tokoto. He looks like he just needs help with his 3pt shot. He needs to take the shot with confidence, which he clearly doesn't have yet.

Diabate had some moments as did Harris. Hopefully Baker will have a better shooting day next game. I don't think he looked as bad as some are saying. If he shoots like he's capable he would've had a solid game. Let's remember he's adjusting to being used as a lead guard in the Triangle. There's probably a lot going through his head.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/3/2016  9:27 AM
nixluva wrote:

Plumlee looked VERY GOOD. He was quick on D, blocked out, defended the rim, made mid range face up jumpers and Hook shots. Missing a few doesn't make him up and down. he was clearly the most consistently good player next to Summers. I like Tokoto. He looks like he just needs help with his 3pt shot. He needs to take the shot with confidence, which he clearly doesn't have yet.

Diabate had some moments as did Harris. Hopefully Baker will have a better shooting day next game. I don't think he looked as bad as some are saying. If he shoots like he's capable he would've had a solid game. Let's remember he's adjusting to being used as a lead guard in the Triangle. There's probably a lot going through his head.

Your words, not mine. I was talking about Plumlee's mechanics, not his statistics. Apparently taking mid range jumpers hasn't been part of his repertoire. Don't take it personally.

BRIGGS
7/3/2016  9:32 AM
Plummleeneeds game reps. It's one thing shooting in practice the game is obviously a different beast and that's not how he was used. He's a good player to use for SL. He is athletic and 7 feet and knows his role
RIP Crushalot😞
reub

7/3/2016  11:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2016  11:32 AM
nixluva wrote:

Nobody looked very good. We only scored 49 points for the whole game. And two of those points (the only two scored by Ron Baker) came as a result of the Piston's center accidentally tipping the ball into his own basket. If you want to see a good summer league team then watch the Heat destroy us later today. As Briggs has pointed out, we need to steal some of their players to develop.

I still have some hope for Baker, Harris and Plumlee. But only a smidgen.

Orlando Summer League Schedule

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy