[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Orlando Summer League Schedule
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
7/2/2016  4:11 PM
I forgot Dajuan Summers. He looks ready.
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/2/2016  4:11 PM
Clean wrote:
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Baker doesn't look natural as a PG.

He's a SG in a PG body

They have him doing both. I was focused in on him and he was fine as lead guard. Came back in and was cutting and looking for the jumper as the SG. He's got solid versatility.

He needs to stop rushing shots. It is just probably nerves because he was wide open on 1 and still rushed it.

My thought is that he has a verbal agreement with the Knicks and we will probably see him on the roster. Doesn't look like he's trying to show he belongs on the team.

Reminds me a little of Galloway his rookie season- his SL stint was not great, but he played the way they wanted him to play in terms of discipline.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/2/2016  4:12 PM
blkexec wrote:

He's a SG in a PG body

According to DX he is average to above average in most measurements. Avg height, above average wingspan, slightly above average reach, and above average weight.

nixluva
USA
7/2/2016  4:13 PM
Tokoto needs to take that open 3. He passes it up to drive.
WaltLongmire

7/2/2016  4:15 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

He's a SG in a PG body

According to DX he is average to above average in most measurements. Avg height, above average wingspan, slightly above average reach, and above average weight.

Actually has some pretty quick feet on his perimeter D...surprised me a bit.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
USA
7/2/2016  4:15 PM
Great D by Baker on Johnson. Gbinije with a tough 3.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/2/2016  4:16 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

He's a SG in a PG body

Actually has some pretty quick feet on his perimeter D...surprised me a bit.

A lot of people noted how great of a defender he was in college.

nixluva
USA
Detroit has crazy talent on their DL team.
WaltLongmire

nixluva wrote:Tokoto needs to take that open 3. He passes it up to drive.

Very hesitant shooter...and it shows.

nixluva
USA
7/2/2016  4:19 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
nixluva wrote:Tokoto needs to take that open 3. He passes it up to drive.

Very hesitant shooter...and it shows.

I like him and I would bring him in and work on his confidence shooting. He can defend and do everything else. He just went full court and fouled going to the rim.
nixluva
USA
7/2/2016  4:22 PM
Knicks D is fine they just can't score and make poor passes.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/2/2016  4:45 PM
nixluva wrote:Knicks D is fine they just can't score and make poor passes.

The best player of the day was Georges Niang and its not even close--the guy is a man among boys. Passing rebounding 3 point shooting--hey we couldve had him. But like I think someone said we were Ronny the man Baker all the way.

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/2/2016  4:47 PM
Bachynski is looking good. You don't what you got, till it's gone.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
STATMELO
Member: #3637

7/2/2016  4:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2016  4:55 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Interesting to see Baker being used as a lead guard.

Are they thinking of using him there sometimes?

I am not watching the game until tonight but it seemed like from the practice footage that was where they are playing him.

He looks capable. Combo guard for sure. He looks smoother with the ball than Gallo IMO.

I disagree don't see what your seeing looks very unnatural almost Dellavedova like and didn't look aggressive enough as a penetrator, rushed or gave up shots, missed wide open looks all day. We had 20 TO's day and some of that has to be chalked up to lacking a competent lead guard.

I liked his D but I don't see him guarding actual NBA guards. Summers and Plumlee looked good, I'm intrigued by Tokoto's body and athletic ability.

nixluva
USA
7/2/2016  4:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

The best player of the day was Georges Niang and its not even close--the guy is a man among boys. Passing rebounding 3 point shooting--hey we couldve had him. But like I think someone said we were Ronny the man Baker all the way.

Perhaps but I wouldn't get too upset about it. Every year someone slips thru. I think the Knicks will end up with some useful role players either way.

BRIGGS
7/2/2016  4:55 PM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Perhaps but I wouldn't get too upset about it. Every year someone slips thru. I think the Knicks will end up with some useful role players either way.

We still might get Jackson which will save this disaster.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
7/2/2016  4:55 PM
STATMELO wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I am not watching the game until tonight but it seemed like from the practice footage that was where they are playing him.

He looks capable. Combo guard for sure. He looks smoother with the ball than Gallo IMO.

I disagree don't see what your seeing looks very unnatural almost Dellavedova like and didn't look aggressive enough as a penetrator, rushed or gave up shots, missed wide open looks all day.

I liked his D but I don't see him guarding actual NBA guards. Summers and Plumlee lookee good, I'm intrigued by Tokoto's body and athletic ability.

This is his 1st game. I believe Baker will be fine. I'm not that worried about him. The shooting could just be an off game. We'll see as they play more games.

WaltLongmire

7/2/2016  5:01 PM
STATMELO wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I disagree don't see what your seeing looks very unnatural almost Dellavedova like and didn't look aggressive enough as a penetrator, rushed or gave up shots, missed wide open looks all day.

I liked his D but I don't see him guarding actual NBA guards. Summers and Plumlee lookee good, I'm intrigued by Tokoto's body and athletic ability.

Baker is a better shooter than he showed today...that is the last thing I would be worried about with him, and his movement on D tells me he can play it and will get better. Shot has looked flat.

Tokoto, on the other hand, has a rep for being a poor shooter, and I can see why- you can't count on him improving on a skill he's always had trouble with.

You expect Baker's shot to come around because of his history as a player...you just can't say the same for Tokoto.

Summers will turn 29 in January and has been in the NBA for parts of 4 seasons...he is what he is at this point.

BRIGGS
7/2/2016  5:02 PM
nixluva wrote:
STATMELO wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This is his 1st game. I believe Baker will be fine. I'm not that worried about him. The shooting could just be an off game. We'll see as they play more games.

Kiss of death "He'll be fine". Yeah Im sure Ronny will be fine--he only played 7 years at Wichita State.

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire

7/2/2016  5:04 PM
By the way...cannot believe they left Ellenson and, more amazingly, Stanley Johnson in the game to the very end.

Not sure you want Johnson playing garbage time minutes in SL.

Stupid decision by their coach, IMO.

Orlando Summer League Schedule

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy