Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/18/2016  11:29 PM
Kemet wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:I missed the game today, but I think Baker has the potential to be better than JJ Redick, because he's a two way player, who can do more than just shoot. In any other system, Baker would be an attractive asset to have. But in the triangle system, it's always hard to not over think....Which leads to robotic movements. I think he's catching on fairly well so far.

But they also know they only have a few games to shine, and the knicks have plenty of spots to fill. I'm sure somebody also told him to be aggressive on offense and shoot when open, instead of over passing or playing unselfish.

Funny thing is that when we drafted Grant, I remember his ND coach, when asked how Grant would do in the Triangle, saying that Grant would be teaching the offense to other players because he would pick it up so quickly. As we now know, learning the Triangle was a slow process for him, and I'm not sure that he did learn it.

Galloway picked up the offense quickly a couple of years ago, but at times he still had the robotic movement you refer to, as if he was going through the paces. Baker did a very good job of picking up the Hornacek version, and was less robotic than Galloway, IMO.

Sasha might actually be the most fluid Triangle player left in the NBA, another reason why Phil would want him on the team, I expect.

From my brief look at Grant in SL this summer, he looked his same tentative self on offense. I saw a few opportunities to take it to the rim and he passed them up for his trademark off balance,falling away 3. Looks like Grant needs to develop a good stutter step to get to the rim.

Have seen him play a few times, and looked at his stats...did have 8 assists tonight(0 turnovers), but shot poorly...0/7 from 3, 3/14 total.

Looks like he might be 3rd on the Bulls PG depth chart behind Rondo and Valentine, as Jerian might not have shown he is more ready than Valentine to get backup minutes. Bulls could also sign a veteran PG and push Grant down the bench even further.

Not sure this is the best team for him to be on the next two years in terms of getting playing time. You could see him getting some time in the DL.

I agree. A rebuilding team would probably be a better fit. When Grant has his mojo, he looks like a different player. Probably wont happen, but a year or two playing in Europe might be good for him. Wont have as much pressure being the son of a former player.

ha ha ha ...Grant playing in Europe ha ha ha
The chicago Bulls SL team are being lead by Jerian Grant to Wells or Portis scoring are undefeated.
Grant's talent may look fuddy-duddy at times but when Grants on the court the team turn-over ratio decrease plus whomever is moving without the ball gets the ball to score

Lets be real .. Phil Jackson helped-out big to get the Cleveland Cavs go to the FINALS, now Phil is helping his ex-team Bulls go to the Finals ... The Lopez/Grant trade will turn out worst than the Tyson Chandler trade for the Knicks.

Hey chucklehead, Grant hasn't played well enough to be a lock for the backup PG spot. Valentine will most likely get the nod. No one was trashing him, been saying mostly positive things about him since he was drafted. And I didn't want Lopez traded either.

AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

7/18/2016  11:30 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Minnesota is turning into a scary young team. They might have the best post player in the NBA at 20 years old--they are absolutely stacked with tremendous young guard talent--they have a high quality 6th man--a quality defensive 4 who can also score some. Id probably play a lot of 3 guard sets--maybe even 4 guards with KT in the middle. They need a little age and some intangible players bt they are in an incredible position. Give Flip Saunders a whole lot of credit--just incredibly sad that hes not here to see his creation.

I see Minny getting rid of Rubio and picking up two or three good veterans during the season to make playoff .. This off-season it dont look like many of the western-conference teams improve much from last season

Kemet
Member: #6148

7/18/2016  11:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2016  11:41 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Kemet wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:I missed the game today, but I think Baker has the potential to be better than JJ Redick, because he's a two way player, who can do more than just shoot. In any other system, Baker would be an attractive asset to have. But in the triangle system, it's always hard to not over think....Which leads to robotic movements. I think he's catching on fairly well so far.

But they also know they only have a few games to shine, and the knicks have plenty of spots to fill. I'm sure somebody also told him to be aggressive on offense and shoot when open, instead of over passing or playing unselfish.

Funny thing is that when we drafted Grant, I remember his ND coach, when asked how Grant would do in the Triangle, saying that Grant would be teaching the offense to other players because he would pick it up so quickly. As we now know, learning the Triangle was a slow process for him, and I'm not sure that he did learn it.

Galloway picked up the offense quickly a couple of years ago, but at times he still had the robotic movement you refer to, as if he was going through the paces. Baker did a very good job of picking up the Hornacek version, and was less robotic than Galloway, IMO.

Sasha might actually be the most fluid Triangle player left in the NBA, another reason why Phil would want him on the team, I expect.

From my brief look at Grant in SL this summer, he looked his same tentative self on offense. I saw a few opportunities to take it to the rim and he passed them up for his trademark off balance,falling away 3. Looks like Grant needs to develop a good stutter step to get to the rim.

Have seen him play a few times, and looked at his stats...did have 8 assists tonight(0 turnovers), but shot poorly...0/7 from 3, 3/14 total.

Looks like he might be 3rd on the Bulls PG depth chart behind Rondo and Valentine, as Jerian might not have shown he is more ready than Valentine to get backup minutes. Bulls could also sign a veteran PG and push Grant down the bench even further.

Not sure this is the best team for him to be on the next two years in terms of getting playing time. You could see him getting some time in the DL.

I agree. A rebuilding team would probably be a better fit. When Grant has his mojo, he looks like a different player. Probably wont happen, but a year or two playing in Europe might be good for him. Wont have as much pressure being the son of a former player.

The chicago Bulls SL team are being lead by Jerian Grant to Wells or Portis scoring are undefeated.
Grant's talent may look fuddy-duddy at times but when Grants on the court the team turn-over ratio decrease plus whomever is moving without the ball gets the ball to score

Lets be real .. Phil Jackson helped-out big to get the Cleveland Cavs go to the FINALS, now Phil is helping his ex-team Bulls go to the Finals ... The Lopez/Grant trade will turn out worst than the Tyson Chandler trade for the Knicks.

Hey chucklehead, Grant hasn't played well enough to be a lock for the backup PG spot. Valentine will most likely get the nod. No one was trashing him, been saying mostly positive things about him since he was drafted. And I didn't want Lopez traded either.

Grants defense with more training on his passing-skills from Wade/Butler/Rondo will get Grant combo-guard minute in the rotation .. I believe Grant & Gallo were KEEPERS for 2 more season

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/18/2016  11:48 PM
Kemet wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Kemet wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Grants defense with more training on his passing-skills from Wade/Butler/Rondo will get Grant combo-guard minute in the rotation .. I believe Grant & Gallo were KEEPERS for 2 more season

I had high hopes for Grant as well, but I saw enough in SL to know that he was a little further off from having an impact than hoped, even with the late game heroics tonight. Not saying he wont get there, just needs more seasoning. It should be a good environment for him in Chicago, at the same time, looking to play elsewhere where he can get more PT, might speed up the development process. Jennings went to Europe briefly, didn't hurt him.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/18/2016  11:51 PM
Knickoftime wrote:About damn time.

Not sure picking at the top of the lottery EVERY year is deserving of a lot of praise.

Their lottery picks for the last 10 years- Pretty amazing run of futility...They don't exactly serve as an example of how to build a winning franchise through the draft.... Also remember that they got the #1 (Wiggins) pick from 2014 for Love.

2006- 6th

2007- 7th

2008- 3rd

2009- 5th & 6th

2010- 4th

2011- 2nd

2012- none

2013- 9th

2014- 13th

2015- 1st

2016- 5th

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/19/2016  12:35 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:

Not sure picking at the top of the lottery EVERY year is deserving of a lot of praise.

Their lottery picks for the last 10 years- Pretty amazing run of futility...They don't exactly serve as an example of how to build a winning franchise through the draft.... Also remember that they got the #1 (Wiggins) pick from 2014 for Love.

2006- 6th

2007- 7th

2008- 3rd

2009- 5th & 6th

2010- 4th

2011- 2nd

2012- none

2013- 9th

2014- 13th

2015- 1st

2016- 5th

yeah pretty bad run---if you have those high picks and miss and cant compensate in FA--its a vicious cycle. But right now--maybe like the Warriors--they seem to have the right guys and their all very very young. Its tough for a Knick fan which has won 5 playoff games in 15 years despite having the highest payroll in 13 of them to be disparaging of any other sports team in any league. If I had to pick what team is built better--I think its a no brainer.

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire

7/19/2016  1:59 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

2006- 6th

2007- 7th

2008- 3rd

2009- 5th & 6th

2010- 4th

2011- 2nd

2012- none

2013- 9th

2014- 13th

2015- 1st

2016- 5th

yeah pretty bad run---if you have those high picks and miss and cant compensate in FA--its a vicious cycle. But right now--maybe like the Warriors--they seem to have the right guys and their all very very young. Its tough for a Knick fan which has won 5 playoff games in 15 years despite having the highest payroll in 13 of them to be disparaging of any other sports team in any league. If I had to pick what team is built better--I think its a no brainer.

10 years is a long rebuild...we've even been in the playoffs during that period, for what it is worth.

They see to have a good future, but to be honest, I thought they had a decent squad last year and they still ended up with the 5th pick this year.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/19/2016  1:59 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

2006- 6th

2007- 7th

2008- 3rd

2009- 5th & 6th

2010- 4th

2011- 2nd

2012- none

2013- 9th

2014- 13th

2015- 1st

2016- 5th

Why can't you?

It is not a comparative statement.

Knicks have been run badly, so have the wolves. No conflict there.

Are the wolves in a better position roster wide at the moment. Okay, that is a fair argument.

But that doesn't mean their overall body of work is a good one.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/19/2016  2:01 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Kemet wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Hey chucklehead...

BRIGGS
7/19/2016  2:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/19/2016  2:10 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

2006- 6th

2007- 7th

2008- 3rd

2009- 5th & 6th

2010- 4th

2011- 2nd

2012- none

2013- 9th

2014- 13th

2015- 1st

2016- 5th

10 years is a long rebuild...we've even been in the playoffs during that period, for what it is worth.

They see to have a good future, but to be honest, I thought they had a decent squad last year and they still ended up with the 5th pick this year.

Impossible to win in the NBA with a team that is just so young. Now that Towns has a year under his belt---they have most of their guys coming back--some who already look vastly improved--and perhaps the number 1 rookie who looks like a defensive power house from the 1--this kind of looks like a version of the Thunder prior to really ramping up. The Knicks have some role players they simply dont have guys like Thomas Sasha Jennings they lack quality 3 point shooting--but the athletic talent that surrounds what could be the next Tim Duncan looks darn scary. The Timberwolves are built to last as long as they pay.

RIP Crushalot😞
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/19/2016  8:35 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

2006- 6th

2007- 7th

2008- 3rd

2009- 5th & 6th

2010- 4th

2011- 2nd

2012- none

2013- 9th

2014- 13th

2015- 1st

2016- 5th

Impossible to win in the NBA with a team that is just so young. Now that Towns has a year under his belt---they have most of their guys coming back--some who already look vastly improved--and perhaps the number 1 rookie who looks like a defensive power house from the 1--this kind of looks like a version of the Thunder prior to really ramping up. The Knicks have some role players they simply dont have guys like Thomas Sasha Jennings they lack quality 3 point shooting--but the athletic talent that surrounds what could be the next Tim Duncan looks darn scary. The Timberwolves are built to last as long as they pay.

I'm still skeptical about Minny. Lots of sexy draft picks but that hasn't translated to wins

I still don't see chemistry or an identity. Maybe thibs changes that

(5)(5)
WaltLongmire

7/19/2016  9:02 AM
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

2006- 6th

2007- 7th

2008- 3rd

2009- 5th & 6th

2010- 4th

2011- 2nd

2012- none

2013- 9th

2014- 13th

2015- 1st

2016- 5th

I'm still skeptical about Minny. Lots of sexy draft picks but that hasn't translated to wins

You have to wonder about their 3pt shooting.

Will be interesting to see if Wiggins does the kind of thing Lance Thomas did with working on his shot.

I think they have to trade either Wiggins or LaVine after this season- in my mind those two are auditioning for the future this year. Only way this does not happen is if Wiggins is able to successfully play at the 3 in the starting lineup...if LaVine shows more consistency you have to see him as the starting SG, I would think.

Thibs also demands that his guys play tough D...will be interesting to see how the Minny roster responds to this.

Chandler
Member: #6197

7/19/2016  10:18 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

2006- 6th

2007- 7th

2008- 3rd

2009- 5th & 6th

2010- 4th

2011- 2nd

2012- none

2013- 9th

2014- 13th

2015- 1st

2016- 5th

You have to wonder about their 3pt shooting.

Will be interesting to see if Wiggins does the kind of thing Lance Thomas did with working on his shot.

I think they have to trade either Wiggins or LaVine after this season- in my mind those two are auditioning for the future this year. Only way this does not happen is if Wiggins is able to successfully play at the 3 in the starting lineup...if LaVine shows more consistency you have to see him as the starting SG, I would think.

Thibs also demands that his guys play tough D...will be interesting to see how the Minny roster responds to this.

I don't see those guys playing off each other, making each other better. From the few games I watched it seems like they're politely taking turns. You had the ball last time so i get it this time

Hearing good things about Dunn, but I haven't heard that he's a better facilitator (glue guy) than Rubio. SO this might be another instance of adding a top pick but no progress (this is a long list)

when they start playing 500 ball or close to it I'll pay more attention

(5)(5)
BRIGGS
7/19/2016  11:50 AM
If Im Minnesota-- Im signing Troy Williams to a 3 years minimum contract. I really liked the way he played in SL when given that chance--he was unsung and showed some great two way potential. Hes a real top tier NBA athlete-long athletic showed he could handle a little---very worthy of a 3 yr minimum. He gives them what they dont have a long athletic 3 man who can defend--and he has substantial upside on offense. Id also look at how a Pekovic and perhaps a Shabzz Muhhammed trade for Rudy Gay would fit my team
RIP Crushalot😞
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/19/2016  12:14 PM
Kemet wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Kemet wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Wrong. You can probably easily find 50 guards with Gallo and Grant capabilities in the D-League.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
WaltLongmire

7/19/2016  1:50 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Kemet wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Kemet wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Wrong. You can probably easily find 50 guards with Gallo and Grant capabilities in the D-League.

Folks who want to do the research can see that I was a major supporter for Galloway, and I think I was the first to mention he was playing with our SL team...and I wrote about him during SL.

I didn't see the improvement I hoped to see from him this past season, even after he got off to a pretty good start. My own feeling is that he was out of position as a lead guard, and was better as a traditional off guard, but was was disappointed with him for a good part of the year, even though he had some good moments.

He also got a lot more money from NO than Phil would have been willing to pay him, I expect.

Wish he was still around, but it became a numbers game, I guess. Quality person...kind of cool that he ended up going to play in his home state and got some good money, too.

blkexec
Member: #748
7/21/2016  12:53 PM
I finished my workout today....i go into the gym and what do you know.....DaJuan Summers is shooting around.....Lifetime Fitness is a popular gym for top athletes in all sports.

I didnt want to bother him too much.....but he said he will know in a few weeks if he gets called up. These guys look thinner in person....but hes 6'8 as advertised or close to it. Im 6'0 so its hard to tell the difference when they at that tall.

His jumper looks smooth....I still question his motor at times.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/21/2016  2:16 PM
blkexec wrote:I finished my workout today....i go into the gym and what do you know.....DaJuan Summers is shooting around.....Lifetime Fitness is a popular gym for top athletes in all sports.

I didnt want to bother him too much.....but he said he will know in a few weeks if he gets called up. These guys look thinner in person....but hes 6'8 as advertised or close to it. Im 6'0 so its hard to tell the difference when they at that tall.

His jumper looks smooth....I still question his motor at times.

sweet, thanks

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Orlando Summer League Schedule

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy