Orlando Summer League Schedule
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/5/2016  4:02 PM
Knickoftime wrote:Sure, sure.

D-League team is having a nice game and not a single comment. That's how we roll.

I see you Ultimateknicks fans.

Can't see the game. Can you provide details?

Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
7/5/2016  4:14 PM

D-League team is having a nice game and not a single comment. That's how we roll.

I was disappointed in the level of play the last 2 games. I taped it but was considering skipping it. Now that you say they are having a good game I will watch.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/5/2016  4:16 PM
Knicksfan wrote:

Can't see the game. Can you provide details?

He isn't watching it either. The Knicks beyond a quick period of time in the 2 nd period and all done by chia son randle have been terrible again. Baker stinks

RIP Crushalot😞
Clean
Member: #743
7/5/2016  4:25 PM
I am near the end of the 1st and so far Plumlee is the only standout. He has done a little bit of everything.
BRIGGS
7/5/2016  4:30 PM
Baker just doesn't miss he throws ufos
RIP Crushalot😞
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

7/5/2016  4:33 PM
The kid Randle can play out of Stanford. I was wondering why he didn't play at all the first two games when the Knicks looked awful and found out today he was dealing with a hip injury. They look like a different team today with Randle running the point and have remained competitive for once. He can score and create and has a high basketball IQ. He worked out for the Knicks earlier, so they like him. Only 23. He may make the roster.

Baker does not look like an NBA player to me at all.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/5/2016  4:51 PM
Randle making a case for himself...looks loose and confident.

You guys are missing the boat on Baker though. The Knicks know whether or not he can shoot from their practices, but he is a heady player who is a tough defender and team player.

He will make training camp...believe me.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

7/5/2016  4:54 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Randle making a case for himself...looks loose and confident.

You guys are missing the boat on Baker though. The Knicks know whether or not he can shoot from their practices, but he is a heady player who is a tough defender and team player.

Baker has been scrappy and got a couple key steals at the end of regulation to send game to OT. Another steal in the OT. Feisty defender with good hands. Like that.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/5/2016  5:00 PM
Victory is ours... brings us all the finest meats and cheeses in the land!

They were just late bloomers y'all. Sometimes it takes time to gel.

Let's go to the Orlando postseason! That will make the Knicks summer league more attractive to the best summer league free agents.

BRIGGS
7/5/2016  5:11 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Randle making a case for himself...looks loose and confident.

Until the last minute the guy was shooting 17% from the field through 3 games with 1-13 from 3 a lot of sloppy ballhandling and poor passing. He got bipped twice today and looks nothing like an NBA athlete. The only luck the Knicks had there was the Clippers had no guards--although they have two big time big men they drafted--They must be ecstatic.

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire

7/5/2016  5:19 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

Baker has been scrappy and got a couple key steals at the end of regulation to send game to OT. Another steal in the OT. Feisty defender with good hands. Like that.

He does have to hit the Js though...I'm rooting for him, but he just has to hit the open shots. Good on the back cuts and he really does move well without the ball, but if he doesn't spread the floor he won't play in this league.

I like Randle, though...maybe channeling a little B.J. Armstrong. Also wonder why he didn't play earlier- and now I know. Good lateral movement as a defender, and he looks like he belongs. He was the difference maker for much of the game. He and Summers seemed like the most relaxed shooters on our team.

Thought Marvele Harris might emerge as a keeper, but if Randle looks this good the rest of SL you have to invite him to camp and see what he has. Wish he had played the first two games.

Still see Plumlee and probably Summers being invited to camp, too. I see Tokoto as being on the borderline, but they might see something with him in practice, as they've been giving him good minutes. Having Holiday, who is similar in some ways but can shoot, puts Tokoto in jeopardy, IMO.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

7/5/2016  5:27 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Until the last minute the guy was shooting 17% from the field through 3 games with 1-13 from 3 a lot of sloppy ballhandling and poor passing. He got bipped twice today and looks nothing like an NBA athlete. The only luck the Knicks had there was the Clippers had no guards--although they have two big time big men they drafted--They must be ecstatic.

Don't see the knock on his athleticism. Strong kid with pretty good lateral movement and quick hands.

Briggs- if the guy doesn't hit his shots he's not going to make it...I know that.

He's a better passer than you think, but again, these guys are trying to play system ball, and it sometimes looks like they are forcing things. I've seen the same with Galloway, before.

This is the issue I have with forcing rookies to play the Triangle...a new offense for most players- it puts them at a disadvantage against teams playing traditional offenses.

You saw him make some good passes today- I expect to see him invited to training camp and we will see what happens then.

Also happy and intrigued with Randle- will be interesting to see how he progresses the next few games.

BRIGGS
7/5/2016  5:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/5/2016  6:00 PM
Anyone watching SA and Philly?

Bryn Forbes already looks like a potential 6th man of the year NBA type down the line yes that good looking. Hes really playing well not just 3 point shooting--defense and really extending the floor for the other guys who were able to get to the rim--Simmons/Andersen. Also again Christian Wood is a frikin steal and a half and we should sig him to play PF --give him a 3 year deal we wont regret it.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
7/5/2016  6:09 PM
Wow Simmons and Andersen blitzed them. If SA can inject what Im seeing here with these 3 into the bench and overall integration they have fire power with Gasol Aldridge Leonard--they just made their team younger and better.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
7/5/2016  6:11 PM
Forbes another 3 guys has 8 3s in 2 games and missed only 4 times. I begged to get him and we took Baker??
RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire

7/5/2016  6:32 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Forbes another 3 guys has 8 3s in 2 games and missed only 4 times. I begged to get him and we took Baker??

Briggs...you do know that a UFA and his agent also have a say in where they go. For all you know he chose SA for this or that reason over the Knicks or other teams. Maybe he feared the wrath of UK posters...who knows?

We are not privy to what is going on behind the scenes...or at least I'm not.

BRIGGS
7/5/2016  7:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/5/2016  7:07 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Forbes another 3 guys has 8 3s in 2 games and missed only 4 times. I begged to get him and we took Baker??

Briggs...you do know that a UFA and his agent also have a say in where they go. For all you know he chose SA for this or that reason over the Knicks or other teams. Maybe he feared the wrath of UK posters...who knows?

$$$ thats the language that speaks to the agent. Bryn said that he had guaranteed money from Philly and SA for the full year. Right now I guarantee that a few teams who need shooting are probably scratching their heads. Just looking at Baker--he looks like it will take time in development leagues to adjust to the longer 3. It was a natural shot for Bryn who has has seamlessly transitioned. The thing that you like watching bryn was the defense use of the floater and step in mid range .

Ill say this about Christian Wood--hes as good as what we saw with Brice Johnson today if not better because he seems to be better in the low block. Yet he also has range out to 3. He lifted weights and put on 20 pounds--he looked much bigger. The guy is a steal from the PF position and he can help in every area rebounding interior offense and dfense stretching the floor--he has oodles of talent and he is playing much harder than last year.

When I see a guy come out to early and I can see what he is I say this is a lottery pick next year. Just in the last two years I think I pegged Grayson Allen and Christian Wood. I also think Derrick Jones wouldve been a lottery pick and I had Diamond Stone 17th in my mock. If you want to try to make something out of a Ronny Baker--good luck--but the 14-15 slots should be for a higher plain. The older guys I picked Bryn Forbes Georges Niang--how have they fared so far? Pretty good. Im on the hook for Malcolm Brogdon well see what he can do.

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire

7/5/2016  9:13 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

$$$ thats the language that speaks to the agent. Bryn said that he had guaranteed money from Philly and SA for the full year. Right now I guarantee that a few teams who need shooting are probably scratching their heads. Just looking at Baker--he looks like it will take time in development leagues to adjust to the longer 3. It was a natural shot for Bryn who has has seamlessly transitioned. The thing that you like watching bryn was the defense use of the floater and step in mid range .

Ill say this about Christian Wood--hes as good as what we saw with Brice Johnson today if not better because he seems to be better in the low block. Yet he also has range out to 3. He lifted weights and put on 20 pounds--he looked much bigger. The guy is a steal from the PF position and he can help in every area rebounding interior offense and dfense stretching the floor--he has oodles of talent and he is playing much harder than last year.

When I see a guy come out to early and I can see what he is I say this is a lottery pick next year. Just in the last two years I think I pegged Grayson Allen and Christian Wood. I also think Derrick Jones wouldve been a lottery pick and I had Diamond Stone 17th in my mock. If you want to try to make something out of a Ronny Baker--good luck--but the 14-15 slots should be for a higher plain. The older guys I picked Bryn Forbes Georges Niang--how have they fared so far? Pretty good. Im on the hook for Malcolm Brogdon well see what he can do.

What is Forbes' position, Briggs.

6'3 with shoes, not a great vertical, small wingspan...His stats say that he is a limited rebounder, not a great passer, rarely makes steals, but a darn good shooter.

He is not a PG from what I know, and his wingspan will not compensate for his lack of size at the 2.

He is basically a miniature version of Steve Novak, more or less...no?

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/5/2016  9:19 PM

What did the Knicks say when you begged them?

BRIGGS
7/5/2016  11:41 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

What is Forbes' position, Briggs.

6'3 with shoes, not a great vertical, small wingspan...His stats say that he is a limited rebounder, not a great passer, rarely makes steals, but a darn good shooter.

He is not a PG from what I know, and his wingspan will not compensate for his lack of size at the 2.

He is basically a miniature version of Steve Novak, more or less...no?

He's an elite type 3 point shooter who understands the nuances of the game. He's explosive accurate and plays with great passion. Over time he can transition into a combo guard but right now he's doing what he's good at making shots

If you honestly watched Baker and Forbes all year and walked away thinking Baker was superior this is not your niche

RIP Crushalot😞
Orlando Summer League Schedule

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy