Walker going to the Hawks
Author Thread
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
8/3/2004  9:47 AM
Todays NY Post

While Jamal Crawford is expected to join the Knicks as soon as today in a trade with the Bulls, it looks like Isiah Thomas will lose out on another piece he'd hope to bring to the Garden — Antoine Walker.

That's because Walker will be traded tomorrow from the Mavs to the Hawks for Jason Terry and Alan Henderson, a league source revealed.

Walker, a forward, never really fit in during his one year with the Mavs, and was hoping for a deal to either the Sixers (where he'd have been reunited with ex-Celtic coach Jim O'Brien) or the Knicks.

Walker is owed $14.625M in the final year of his contract. Terry, a guard, has $7.5M and $6.6M left over two years, while Henderson, an injury-prone forward, is owed $8.2M for one year.

—Peter Vecsey

Thats one obstacle stopping us from doing the Crawford deal out of the way. Now we dont have to worry about having the pieces to get Walker.

And I dont think its possible to get Carter without a third team, unless we offer them TT and KT (which would ruin the whole Thomas name thing the Knicks had going on)which has no bearing on our expiring contracts.

The plus point here is that its being reported by Peter Vecsey, which means Walker should be a Knick by today!

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/3/2004  10:29 AM
thats pretty funny... but ESPN is reporting that Walker *is* heading to Atlanta for Terry and Henderson's expiring deal. Makes sense for Dal who only has the rooke PG right now, and Terry has a very friendly deal.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/3/2004  10:33 AM
what is this team doing? i know they need a big man + they just got al harrington and they have 9 SF and now they traded Terry who is like their only PG for walker? this is the most fd up team in the league. they have some nice pieces but nothing matches
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/3/2004  10:36 AM
maybe they'd be interested in DerMarr Johnson for a future 1st round pick? they could always use more SF's.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
8/3/2004  10:37 AM
Atlanta is the worst organization ever. I couldn't imagine you could stockpile mistakes and misdirections as simple as that.

Impressive. What the hell will they do with walker ? Trade him before season ends ?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/3/2004  10:38 AM
Posted by raven:

Atlanta is the worst organization ever. I couldn't imagine you could stockpile mistakes and misdirections as simple as that.

Impressive. What the hell will they do with walker ? Trade him before season ends ?

obviously their plan is to trade Walker to the Knicks for Tim Thomas at the trade deadline.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
raven
Canada
8/3/2004  10:48 AM
thinking about it, Terry is not a PG and handerson was dead weight.

Now they got an allstar in walker (I believe he can do it) and with harrington, they're loaded on the wings.

Now they have 2 good players which is what they needed to lure other free agents that didn't want to come because of the low level of talent.

They still have a freacking cap space and some young players to trade.

If I were them, I'd make a run at swift and/or crawford.

They would have nice yound team, wi ton of potentoal, at least to please the fans.
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
8/3/2004  10:57 AM
mans got a point. Even if they do trade Walker at the deadline, chances are they are going to get someone big back.

It may be totally convoluted, and look ugly at the moment, but they ARE build for the future. Good rooks, a few reliable not-too-old vets and still lots of cash to play with.

At least they seem to be spending the cash wisely, unlike the Warriors, Suns, Clips(spending it where?) to name but a few.

They could pick up a few servicable backcourt guys for the exceptions (Charlie Ward) or even put down some money and get someone better.

Weve been spending so many years thinking how dumb the Hawks are, and they might just actually be doing something smart here for a change.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
raven
Canada
8/3/2004  11:01 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

what is this team doing? i know they need a big man + they just got al harrington and they have 9 SF and now they traded Terry who is like their only PG for walker? this is the most fd up team in the league. they have some nice pieces but nothing matches

Briggs, maybe we should ask this question about dallas.

2 yrs ago, they had :

steve nash, raef lafrentz and van exel.

then they had walker and jamison

Now they got stackhouse, jason terry and Mr Anderson (oups I'm hurt).

HELL NO, I FORGOT CHRISTIAN LAETTNER !!!!!

What is cuban smoking ?
timmyTtop
Member: #680
8/3/2004  11:24 AM
Posted by raven:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Briggs, maybe we should ask this question about dallas.

2 yrs ago, they had :

steve nash, raef lafrentz and van exel.

then they had walker and jamison

Now they got stackhouse, jason terry and Mr Anderson (oups I'm hurt).

HELL NO, I FORGOT CHRISTIAN LAETTNER !!!!!

What is cuban smoking ?

a cuban?!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/3/2004  1:10 PM
Dallas has acquired Josh Howard Marquis Daniels Devin Harris and Jason terry in the last year--theyre much younger and more athletic in the backcourt. Dirk goes back to natural position at PF--they have a three headed defensive C with bradley 7-6 Podolzkine 7-5 and Booth and pretty good SF in Finley and Stackhouse.

RIP Crushalot😞
Walker going to the Hawks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy