Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
8/4/2004  1:38 PM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by PhilinLA:

FAN just said on Sportsflash that the Knicks were working out Damps today and would speak to the Media later today.

I wonder if "working out" means that he is taking a pysical....so he can sign. Wishfull thinkging.

Hopefully!
Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
8/4/2004  2:02 PM
I'd like to hear that it's Crawford and Damp... At the same time, I hate it if all four expiring contracts went to Chicago and Moochie or Shandon didn't.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Knicksfan
USA
8/4/2004  2:47 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=dalatltrade&prov=st&type=lgns

Well, it looks like the Walker trade is official. Still, no official news about the Knicks trade being done. Hmmm...
Knicks_Fan
timmyTtop
Member: #680
8/4/2004  2:47 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by timmyTtop:
Posted by Knicksfan:

He gets a young player with potential, bla, bla, bla. But by doing this deal the way Chicago wants to he destroys any other chance of making a trade until the season after the next one, and thats not good.

y isnt it good?! the pistons won the championship on chemistry, not superstars. chemistry is what we need, we need our players to play together for a couple of years! your one of those drama queens that wants a new player every year or so, just so you can talk about it. man get out of here.

Its always good to get a young player with potential, and Im with you that one of the most important things to develope is chemestry because this is a team sport. But if you think that we just need that to win a championship like Detroit then you are not looking at the roster carefully. We are not a tittle contender yet. We need more pieces, not superstars I never said that, to solve the tittle puzzle correctly. Look at our frontcourt, specially at center. We aren't there yet. The Pistons won with great chemestry and a great plan, but they had a lot of talent including at center. Ben Wallace and Sheed along with a good and tall bench helped them a lot. Crawford helps us now with Houston and in the future, but he isn't the last piece to our tittle puzzle. We still need size and if we are in position to get that now or get something close to it then we should be careful with every deal we make now. We don't need superstars, but we do lack some pieces to become a real contender.

Do I want a new player every year? No, I would like to have the same team together to let them grow, but until we don't have all the pieces to be a real contender, we need to explore every option avaliable to upgrade the team.

Be sure to understand what a poster is trying to say before responding to his post, and more if you are going to insult him. Please, if you disagree with me, just explain your opinion respectfully.

you didnt even explain what you wanted to be done to my response. we are very limited with what we could do. we were termed as being doomed till 2008, its 2004 and look what we can do already. houston, penny, and shandon we cant do that much about, so be happy about what we have done and what might be done in the coming months. after having layden, don't ever knock isiah. sure we dont have the pieces to win a title, we barely made the playoffs!
timmyTtop
Member: #680
8/4/2004  2:52 PM
Posted by PhilinLA:

I'd like to hear that it's Crawford and Damp... At the same time, I hate it if all four expiring contracts went to Chicago and Moochie or Shandon didn't.

enough with the moochie talk, we owe him 12 mil over 3 yrs, which is worse that or owing the imobile kurt thomas 26 mil or so over 4 years. nazr and kurt for damp and evan sounds good to me.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/4/2004  3:01 PM
Posted by timmyTtop:
Posted by PhilinLA:

enough with the moochie talk, we owe him 12 mil over 3 yrs, which is worse that or owing the imobile kurt thomas 26 mil or so over 4 years. nazr and kurt for damp and evan sounds good to me.

We owe Moochie 2 yrs at about $8million total. His third year is a team option. He's very tradeable starting next summer a la Charlie Ward.
¿ △ ?
Knicksfan
USA
8/4/2004  3:18 PM
Posted by timmyTtop:

you didnt even explain what you wanted to be done to my response.

Sorry but, could you explain me that?
we are very limited with what we could do. we were termed as being doomed till 2008, its 2004 and look what we can do already. houston, penny, and shandon we cant do that much about, so be happy about what we have done and what might be done in the coming months.

Im happy that we can make a trade that can improve a team with new players. And the best thing is that the centerpiece is a young player. If this deal gets done, and it looks like it will definitely be, then Im going to be happy about the improve in talent. But you mentioned how limited we are, and the fact is that by dealing all the exp. contracts we will be much more limited. With some players still avaliable that hurts us now. But I understand your point that at least we make a move to improve, and I agree.
after having layden, don't ever knock isiah. sure we dont have the pieces to win a title, we barely made the playoffs!

Don't get me wrong, I admire the job that Isiah has done so far. While no one thought it possible, he made us respectable again. And he keeps being aggresive to make us better. What I say is that I expected Isiah to get another benefit from the trade other than Craw. The deal the Bulls get is a great one. All the components are expiring contracts, they deal one of their worst contracts(the longest), and get both veteran help in Deke along with a good talent in Frank. We get Craw, that will help a lot, and a player that will help our team but his bad contract hurts us. I at least expected us to get rid of Moochie and keep Othella's exp. con. to make another deal like the Dampier one.

I don't love the deal, but I don't hate it either. If thats the deal Isiah will accept, I'll be happy with the upgrade. But I hope he can then be able to make the other significant move that he can do: Dampier.
Knicks_Fan
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
8/4/2004  4:09 PM
The deal would be a little more palatable if Dolan would let Isiah buyout some of the more odious contracts, specifically Shandon's.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/4/2004  4:14 PM
Posted by Rich:

The deal would be a little more palatable if Dolan would let Isiah buyout some of the more odious contracts, specifically Shandon's.

if Isiah can get JC to sign the 7 year contract at the same overall money as was originally planned on w/the 6 year deal, then i think the Knicks will get fair value in this trade...otherwise, i think Paxson should be made to make a small concession at the very least...even a 2nd round pick thrown in would suffice...t'would make me feel better.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
PhilinLA
Member: #696
8/4/2004  4:20 PM
Posted by Rich:

Amen, my brother. You'd think with them NOT having to pay any of the Rangers this year, that might be a possibility. It's the way to go.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Rich
USA
8/5/2004  1:31 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/26292.htm
Knicksfan
USA
8/5/2004  1:58 AM
Posted by Rich:

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/26292.htm

CRAWFORD DEAL STILL UNFINISHED

By MARC BERMAN

August 5, 2004 -- While Erick Dampier was visiting Westchester yesterday talking about signing with the Knicks for the mid-level exception if need be, Jamal Crawford and his agent were still haggling over terms of their new Knicks contract.

Crawford's contract was not finalized, dragging this saga out another day to the point of nausea. The Bulls and Knicks finished off five weeks of intense sign-and-trade negotiations to finally produce a deal Tuesday, with Crawford and Jerome Williams coming to the Knicks for Dikembe Mutombo, Frank Williams, Othella Harrington and Cezary Trybanski. But it can't be officially consummated until Crawford signs, likely today.

"It's progressing but it's not there yet," an NBA source said.

In the new configuration of players, Crawford would have to make a little less in the first year to make the math work. So instead of the promised $55 million over six years, the Knicks needed to sign him for seven years, $56 million.

Aaron Goodwin, Crawford's agent, spent the day negotiating ways to add enticements to the contract such as a trade kicker, incentives, an opt-out clause, even a front-loaded payment. Goodwin, according to a source, also phoned multiple teams to see if there was interest he may have missed.

The delay yesterday was embarrassing. Isiah Thomas spent the day in Manhattan negotiating instead of with Dampier during his recruiting visit.

When Crawford signs, Thomas has to seriously consider whether he wants to balance the roster and offer Stephon Marbury to Toronto for Vince Carter, who's trying to force a trade to the Knicks.

A source said a third team will be needed if Thomas doesn't give up Marbury. A source close to Carter said, "Vince still wants out. And he'd very much like to play for the Knicks. He needs a change and he's willing to play for Lenny Wilkens."

Tim Thomas and Jason Collins will renew acquaintances early when the Knicks face the Nets in their preseason opener at Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., Oct. 14. The Knicks' first practice is Oct. 5 at College of Charleston. The preseason schedule is as follows: Oct. 14 vs. Nets, at Wilkes-Barre, Pa.; Oct. 16 vs. San Antonio; Oct. 19 at Utah; Oct. 21 at Dallas; Oct. 22 vs. Minnesota at Sioux Falls, S.D.; Oct. 24 vs. Dallas; Oct. 26 at Nets; Oct. 28 vs. Utah.

So true!
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
8/5/2004  2:06 AM
Aaron Goodwin, Crawford's agent, spent the day negotiating ways to add enticements to the contract such as a trade kicker, incentives, an opt-out clause, even a front-loaded payment. Goodwin, according to a source, also phoned multiple teams to see if there was interest he may have missed.

Perfect, just perfect! Just what we needed: trade-kickers, incentives, opt-out clauses and a frontloaded payment. Please! This really causes nausea to anyone after all this crazy discussions. And Goodwin even phoned others to see if there was interest?

Knicks_Fan
Rich
USA
8/5/2004  2:24 AM
Posted by Knicksfan:

Perfect, just perfect! Just what we needed: trade-kickers, incentives, opt-out clauses and a frontloaded payment. Please! This really causes nausea to anyone after all this crazy discussions. And Goodwin even phoned others to see if there was interest?

As I've posted, it's a game of chicken. Goodwin is bluffing, but, from his point of view, at least he got Berman to print the info he wanted to get out.
Jamal and Damp update NY POST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy