[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jamal and Damp update NY POST
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
8/3/2004  9:51 AM
Posted by Nalod:

I would like to see Frank and Craw on the floor together at least once. IMagine, two guards on the floor at the same time that are both under the age of 25! Was it Michel Ray Richardson and Ray williams the last time that happened?
yes it was, and that was one of the toughest backcourts I have ever seen, I remember going to games as a kid watching those two..... You could not find two tougher individuals in the backcourt than those two...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/3/2004  10:24 AM
Another take on the deal, with a Sweets, Kurt for Curry, Robinson twist.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bull03.html

Crawford deal imminent

Jamal Crawford might become a member of the New York Knicks as soon as today, league sources said.

The Bulls and Knicks have been trying to work out a deal for Crawford for the last six weeks. League sources said there was progress late Monday, and the deal might be consummated either today or Wednesday.

The Bulls will sign Crawford and then trade him, probably with Jerome Williams and Eddie Robinson. After various scenarios that have been discussed, it's not certain what the Knicks will provide in return, but the Bulls appear to have escaped from Shandon Anderson's contract.

One league source was hesitant to say how close the sides were, considering how the negotiations have stalled just when it appeared a deal was imminent.

Crawford led the Bulls in scoring last season and is a restricted free agent. The Bulls were looking for significant salary-cap relief in return for Crawford.

Meanwhile, since Bulls center Eddy Curry slacked off on his summer conditioning program and allowed his weight to balloon to 320 pounds -- 35 over the weight the Bulls had targeted for him -- he is no longer encouraging operations chief John Paxson to offer him a lucrative extension before the Oct. 1 deadline.

Still, Paxson says he's not trying to trade the 6-11 Harvey native, who is entering his fourth season.

But according to league sources, one person very interested in acquiring Curry is Knicks general manager Isiah Thomas, who probably would include power forwards Mike Sweetney and Kurt Thomas in a deal and take the contracts of Robinson and Williams off the Bulls' hands. But Paxson is not ready to give up on Curry.

"I get phone calls about Tyson [Chandler] and Eddy quite often," Paxson said Monday. "Size is still a value in this league. And they are big, young guys with so much untapped potential. The bottom line is that no matter what we do, they won't be given up easily. I still hang on to the belief that, as we've seen Tyson work hard and start getting better, the same can happen with Eddy if he keeps aspiring to get better.

"It's up to Eddy to get in shape. We've talked about this many times, and he knows this. Nobody can do it for him but him. From the time the season ended, we told him [to choose] whatever way he feels is best for him to get into shape. I've always respected Tim Grover and the success he's had with players. Tim does a great job. But Tim can't work out for Eddy, either. Eddy's got to put the time and the effort in.

"The only thing disappointing about [Eddy] at this point is that you want to see guys get in shape incrementally over time. But now, he's got to cram a lot into seven weeks before we start training camp. The bottom line is that I just want to see him in shape."

Paxson said reports of the Memphis Grizzlies offering Bonzi Wells and Stromile Swift for Curry "are not accurate" and that he did not want to comment on trade rumors involving Curry.

Curry's new agents, Darren White and Lamont Carter, also are eager for Curry to get into shape.

"Eddy knows that this is a contract year, that there's a lot at stake and that it's better to sign an extension now with the threat of another labor lockout next summer," White said. "We've assured Paxson, with Eddy right there with us, that Eddy will turn it up for the next 60 days. John didn't have a problem with that, and we have asked Tim Grover to provide John with the particulars of his program and periodic reports."

Paxson said reports of the Memphis Grizzlies offering Bonzi Wells and Stromile Swift for Curry "are not accurate'' and that he did not want to comment on trade rumors involving Curry.

Curry's new agents, Darren White and Lamont Carter, also are eager for Curry to get into shape.

"Eddy knows that this is a contract year, that there's a lot at stake and that it's better to sign an extension now with the threat of another labor lockout next summer,'' White said. "We've assured Paxson, with Eddy right there with us, that Eddy will turn it up for the next 60 days. John didn't have a problem with that, and we have asked Tim Grover to provide John with the particulars of his program and periodic reports.''
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
8/3/2004  10:29 AM
I really hope we dont give up Sweets for eddy curry. IMO thats a huge mistake, Sweetney has shown he is willing to work hard in the offseason to become more in shape and become a better player and curry has shown the exact opposite, so i say KEEP SWEETNEY, let him develop and he will be better than Curry
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
8/3/2004  10:32 AM
Posted by martin:

But according to league sources, one person very interested in acquiring Curry is Knicks general manager Isiah Thomas

That's what I like. This guy just never stops. He's still out there trying something.

You may don't like the guy, you still have to respect the effort.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/3/2004  10:34 AM
Posted by raven:
Posted by martin:

But according to league sources, one person very interested in acquiring Curry is Knicks general manager Isiah Thomas

That's what I like. This guy just never stops. He's still out there trying something.

You may don't like the guy, you still have to respect the effort.

you said it brother...the guy is exploring every opportunity...you gotta love that.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
metra
Member: #473
8/3/2004  10:49 AM
The Suns Times deal sucks. Sweets & KT? Those are two solid, proven players. And were gettng JC and a couple of crap contract PF's back? I hope its the deal in the Post. Give them FW, i dont care - he hasnt done anything to prove himself. Sweets is another story.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
8/3/2004  11:15 AM
sweets seems to be a great guy on the rise.

But, man, that is curry we're talking about.

Ask aguirre to bring his whip, and he'll make a man out of that big baby. (Aguirre walks on the water too, you know...)
timmyTtop
Member: #680
8/3/2004  11:16 AM
Posted by Rich:

It sounds like a true compromise. Now if Isiah can only find a way to to get Eddie Curry.

FORGET EDDY CURRY! LETS GO FOR THE BIG DAMP!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/3/2004  11:19 AM
Posted by TMS:
the pared-down Crawford package would likely include Dikembe Mutombo, Norris and $3 million moving to the Bulls for Jerome Williams and Crawford

that doesn't match up dollar wise if JC is going to sign a 5 yr/$55 million dollar deal...you'd have to also include both Frank & Trybanski to make the dollars match, or Othella.
It matches because JC is a BYC player meaning the Bulls can only take half his salary back.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
8/3/2004  1:05 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:
the pared-down Crawford package would likely include Dikembe Mutombo, Norris and $3 million moving to the Bulls for Jerome Williams and Crawford

that doesn't match up dollar wise if JC is going to sign a 5 yr/$55 million dollar deal...you'd have to also include both Frank & Trybanski to make the dollars match, or Othella.
It matches because JC is a BYC player meaning the Bulls can only take half his salary back.

So if Crawford signs a deal that starts, lets say, at 7.5 or 8 mill, because he is a BYC they can only take back 3.7 or 4 mill back for him? Can you elaborate more on that BYC thing?
Knicks_Fan
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/3/2004  1:22 PM
BYC = Base Year Compensation player.

This means that the player has just signed his first major deal after his rookie deal and subsequent one year options. Jamal would be signing a 6yr $55 million deal. The reason he becomes base year is that it's more than a 50% pay increase. This means that the Bulls can only accept half his salary in a trade. I think they basically made this rule so that the Bulls couldn't resign Jamal Crawford to a $12 million first year salary and trade him straight up for Tim Thomas.

On the other hand, Dampier is on his second contract and no longer a restricted free agent. Basically, the whole base year thing applies to young players who are restricted free agents.

Make sense?
¿ △ ?
timmyTtop
8/3/2004  4:05 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

It would be better if the deal went down without Frank so that he could be used in another deal (or be the backup backup PG), but that wouldn't be the deal breaker for me

craw can back up for marbury too. but then who will backup for houston u migth ask, that would be penny or ariza.
timmyTtop
8/3/2004  4:12 PM
Posted by NYK3:

I really hope we dont give up Sweets for eddy curry. IMO thats a huge mistake, Sweetney has shown he is willing to work hard in the offseason to become more in shape and become a better player and curry has shown the exact opposite, so i say KEEP SWEETNEY, let him develop and he will be better than Curry

how can we get curry w/out sweet, all paxson wants are cheap young potential stars, who else do we have, if f will is being used to get craw, we got jack.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
8/3/2004  4:14 PM
My bad Martin,didnt see you posted that link already from the Times....
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
8/3/2004  4:14 PM
Apparently, rumors are spreading that Kiki of the Nuggets has thrown his name in the Crawford race (realgm). Man, that would suck if he stole him after all this effort. I'm guessing skeeter would be part of that trade.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/3/2004  4:19 PM
Posted by codeunknown:

Apparently, rumors are spreading that Kiki of the Nuggets has thrown his name in the Crawford race (realgm). Man, that would suck if he stole him after all this effort. I'm guessing skeeter would be part of that trade.

if DEN were to get that trade done, they'd have the most athletic team in the NBA

C - Camby
PF - K-Mart
SF - Carmelo
SG - Crawford
PG - Miller
6th man - Nené

but for all we know it could just be bogus rumors being spread by the Bulls' camp to try & get Isiah to give in to all of Paxson's demands...let's wait & see what happens, but i think a deal will get done eventually...JC wants to be a Knick & the Knicks want JC.

[Edited by - TMS on 08/03/2004 16:49:53]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
codeunknown
Member: #704
8/3/2004  4:36 PM
Especially at that high altitude, opposing teams might get blown out in the first quarter.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
eViL
Member: #561
USA
8/3/2004  4:39 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~90~2310685,00.html
Vandeweghe said he has spoken with the Chicago Bulls about their restricted free-agent guard, Jamal Crawford, but "nothing is imminent."

Remember Crawford would have to agree. If he really wants to be a Knick, then Denver doesn't have a chance. Though, I could see him being interested in playing for the Nuggets.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
timmyTtop
8/3/2004  5:02 PM
i can't stand these delays! im going crazy! give us crawford already! what can denver offer that would be so good?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/3/2004  5:12 PM
uh...Rodney White?
¿ △ ?
Jamal and Damp update NY POST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy