[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Now that we've had six months...

Author Poll
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
Was the KVH/Doleac for TT/Nazy trade good, bad, or neutral for the Knicks?
Good
Bad
Neutral
View Results

Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
USA
8/2/2004  11:17 PM
I'm torn between good and neutral, but I think Nazy and TT both have more upside and trade value than Doleac and TT; so I think it was a slightly good trade
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
8/2/2004  11:29 PM
I think it was a good trade. Isiah traded Keith when Keith had the most value he was ever going to have. Tim is a prototypical small forward. Keith is a forward who must swing between the small and power slots depending on matchups. To me, that game in Milwaukee will always be the referendum on the trade. First half: KVH 18pts, TT: 2pts. Second half: KVH 0 pts, TT 18pts. Knicks come back from 26 to win. TT's playoff 'fugazy' moment is much maligned, but did anyone notice KVH playoff numbers? They were ugly.

I would do the TT/KVH trade straight up. Getting the solid Nazr back was gravy.

There are some who would say that if KVH stayed during the season, the record would've been better and the Knicks could've gotten the 4 seed. I don't buy it. For one thing, KVH got injured in MIL. For another, Mutombo went down for two months with a stomach surgery (which may have been a big reason Zeke made the trade to get Nazr). Where would the Knicks have been with no KVH, Deke or Allan? Out of the playoffs and Isiah would've been branded a failure (unfairly, but still).

Tim Thomas saved the season when he laced up against Portland with an injury and put up 26 and when he outdueled Van Horn in Milwaukee. I'd do the trade over a thousand times. It will look even better at the one year mark. I do miss Doleac though.

¿ △ ?
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/2/2004  11:38 PM
Well, nothing's happened in the 6 months. Interestingly enough, it was a little ironic that KVH got hurt leading up to the playoffs (tore up a finger) and never quite reached 100% and TT got smacked by Collins and missed most of the series.

If Nazr is capable of starting and becomes a poor man's Dale Davis--- or if he's part of a trade that upgrades a position, I think we've done well.

TT isn't quite as good as KVH on paper, and he's equally fragile. The hope is with both of these players is that maybe in the right system, they'd be able to excel.

If he comes into this season with a new mindset, I think 17ppg/6rpg are easily within reach-- along the lines of what Rasheed Wallace put in alongside Randolph. I think if we can get Sweetney to put up Randolph or Boozer-type numbers, life as a Knicks fun will be so much better...
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/3/2004  1:33 AM
I like it. We obviously got a new starting center out of the deal (who imo is a GREAT BACKUP center, if we hopefully get Damps).
After seeing both KVH and TT play, I'd give the nod to Timmy. As crzy already mentioned, the Milwaukee game basically summed the whole thing up. They had pretty similar stats, but TT came through when the Knicks needed it, and KVH choked (I know we're all surprised by that )
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
8/3/2004  1:38 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

I'd do the trade over a thousand times.

Agreed, KVH was a mistake thankfully removed expediently.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
8/3/2004  3:17 AM
KVH didn't propel us to a championship. TT and nazr dan't do it either.

Only thing that counts is "who will that trade help us to get ?"
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
8/3/2004  11:56 AM
I think it was a good deal. At first it could look like it was a wash, but the fact is that we got better pieces in the trade. The deal was made because of potential and youth. KVH is a good player, but you know what you get from him. Meanwhile, Tim Thomas is an underachiever who if he put his strongest effort on becoming something special he could become a star. He still has a lot of potential and that's why Isiah is reluctant to trade him. He will probably have the whole season to prove himself. Nazr is young and with potential, while with Doleac, as with KVH, you know what you get. Nazr actually did a nice job as a starter last season. He may still be at best a good backup center, but who knows if he still can become something better. This deal also gave us a better chance of making trades in TT and Nazr.
Knicks_Fan
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/3/2004  12:06 PM
it was a wash as far as i'm concerned, unless Isiah can use TT or Nazr to trade for another piece to improve this team, in which case i'd have to say it was a good trade.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/3/2004  1:20 PM
The team was playing better with KVH and Doleac. They might have even gotten better thru the season.

TT is a headcase. KVH is a headcase.

TT has more athletic upside. KVH was fundamentally sound, can rebound, and run the floor.

I liked Doleac also. Nazr is nothing special.

I think this was one trade too many. Butthe real test is this season
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
8/3/2004  2:25 PM
I dont think we will know how good the trade was until TT has a full season under his belt and has put the whole "fugazy" thing behind him although Im sure he is going to here that chant in a few arenas next season.Doleac and Nazr was a wash and we never saw KVH in the playoffs so its hard to tell right now.Not fair to use his playoff performance with the Bucks as an indicator because he wasnt there long enough.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
USA
8/3/2004  2:40 PM
Posted by Nalod:

The team was playing better with KVH and Doleac. They might have even gotten better thru the season.
Funny you say that because the team had a better record with TT than with Van Horn
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/3/2004  3:36 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Nalod:

Funny you say that because the team had a better record with TT than with Van Horn

I think that Marbury fella had somthing to do with it.

Don't you think?

Funny you would say that too!
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
8/3/2004  4:26 PM
KVH can shoot and post up. TT can shoot, drive and post up. KVH is not athletic but can grab some boards. TT is athletic but doesn't like to get his hands too dirty. TT has potential to be better defensively and offensively. KVH does not. KVH is also a turnover waiting to happen in crunch time. I trust Tim Thomas more when it counts at the end of a game. Tim Thomas is a better player.

Nazr is more tradeable than Doleac, so I like him better.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Now that we've had six months...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy