[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

we are the best team in the atlantic
Author Thread
nadavshomron
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #623
Israel
8/2/2004  7:11 PM
Boston Celtics-they are not a talented team except pierce and they made some terible trades in the ainge era(toine).
New Jersey Nets- they lost two starters(kittels and k-mart) and may lose kid in a mid season trade(we have much more talent- even now).
Philadelphia 76ers-they will be better next season but still not better than us.
Toronto Raptors-they have talent(vc,rose,marshal,bosh) and they may be better by a good trade for carter( i still belive we have more talent).

new york knicks - we have the most talented team in the atlantic devision, we have star PG(M3) we have a great shooter(H20) a tall tallented SF (GAZY5) a solid PF tendem(SWEET50+KT40) a young athletic center (NAZY13).
we had a good draft pick(ARIZA)
we are in a good position to add 1-2 talented players(JAMAL/DAMP/TOINE)
i also like our bench with penny,frank,sweet(KT),ariza.
if we add more talent to this group we will be in position to contend for the eastren conferece championship.
LJ FOR 4!!!!
AUTOADVERT
subzero0
Member: #410
8/2/2004  7:47 PM
Maybe but we still have plenty of competition from just about every other conference. Remember the World Champion Pistons are right next door.

[Edited by - subzero0 on 08/02/2004 19:53:19]
timmyTtop
Member: #680
8/2/2004  8:02 PM
i think we can finish top 5 in our conference, not bad at all.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/2/2004  8:35 PM
Posted by timmyTtop:

i think we can finish top 5 in our conference, not bad at all.

If we win the atlantic we're guaranteed atleast a 3 seed.
timmyTtop
Member: #680
8/2/2004  9:21 PM
who is in our division?
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
8/2/2004  9:45 PM
Posted by timmyTtop:

who is in our division?

I think those five in the first post: Knicks, 76ers, Boston, Nets, and Raptors.
Knicks_Fan
raven
Member: #316
Canada
8/3/2004  5:39 AM
Do you guys know how the seeeding will be calculated for the playoffs ? CAuse we'd have three division champions for 2 seeds (1 & 2), so will it be based on % of wins only ? Or matchups between the division champions ?

thx for the info if you somehow have it.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/3/2004  10:42 AM
we *could* be the best team in the East, and I think we should be. What happens remains to be seen. Much of this depends on Lenny, who has some talented players. Much will depend on how he gets them to play together.

Raven... there will be 3 division winners. Those 3 are guarenteed to have the 1,2 and 3 seeds depending on record. HOWEVER they are not guarenteed home court. That is determined but overall record.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
DefAndReb
Member: #336
8/3/2004  11:18 AM
Posted by fishmike:

we *could* be the best team in the East, and I think we should be. What happens remains to be seen. Much of this depends on Lenny, who has some talented players. Much will depend on how he gets them to play together.

Raven... there will be 3 division winners. Those 3 are guarenteed to have the 1,2 and 3 seeds depending on record. HOWEVER they are not guarenteed home court. That is determined but overall record.

Okay, just one more, then I'm taking the rest of the summer off (again). I just can't resist when someone says we could compete for the best in the conference.

Here are my predictions for the teams in the East (not seeding, overall ranking of W-L):

1 - Detroit
2 - Indy
3 - Miami
4 - Milwaukee
5 - Philly
6 - NYK
7 - DC
8 - Cleveland
9 - Boston
10 - Orlando
11 - Toronto
12 - New Jersey
13 - Chicago
14 - Atlanta
15 - Charlotte

I think O'Brien is a really good coach and that Philly will take the Atlantic, unless of course Isiah/Lenny can get the Knicks to play like a team, which is difficult when the team's centerpiece has never been able to sustain a leadership role. Then again, the same can be said of Iverson, so it's going to be close. Good luck, fellas.
raven
Canada
8/3/2004  11:20 AM
Posted by fishmike:

thanks fish.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/3/2004  11:37 AM
def... your right. I made a typo. I said best team in the East, I meant best team in the Atlantic (sorry, mind is on baseball). I do think we are closer to teams like Det and Indy then most give us credit for, however until we start to beat them AND beat the teams we should beat on a regular basis I wont pretend to put us there.

However when I look at the Nets, Phili, Tor, Wash and Bos I think we should win this division. If we stay fairly healthy I think there isnt much excuse for NOT winning the division. Our shedule isnt so impossible where as we cant get off to a decent start. Yes, we have the Texas road trip early, but there are some cherries in there also. Plus its time we started winning some of those tough road games. I have high expectations, but I think they are reasonable.

I expect to see the playoffs like something like this
1) Det
2) Heat
3) Knicks
4) Pacers
5) Phili
6) Mil
7) Bos
8) NJ
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
8/3/2004  9:54 PM
fish, your lineup is a little more realistic, but, people seem to be giving the heat more credit than they deserve. remember, they lost ALOT in the trade.
the heat now have:
1)wade (trully a shooting guard w/no outside shot)
2)jones (only true outside shooter on the team)
3)r.butler (not ready to start period. also rebounds worse than AH AT 6'7.)
4)haslem (undersized at the 4 and does'nt have the bulk to make up for it.)
5)shaq (so!)
in my eyes there not as good as people make them out to be. i have'em at the fourth or fifth best in the east IF they stand pat w/their roster. they'll definetly win their division, but who can't? they have the same money we have to spend, and NO trade assets.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/3/2004  10:25 PM
I think Miami will be a mediocre regular season team but a devastating playoff team.

Wade proved himself in the NCAAs and last year that when he needs to up his game, he does for prolonged periods of time (7+ 20 point games in last years playoffs, game-winning shots, the triple-double in the final 4 of the NCAA), Jones' 3 point shooting will propel him to almost 20 ppg, and Shaq in the playoffs should average something like 30 and 20 for the first few rounds, depending on what teams they play.

I think Miami matches up well with Indiana, not that well with Detroit (Detroit's much deeper than Indiana).
#Knickstaps
raven
Canada
8/4/2004  3:22 AM
MEdiocre ot not, they'll have a easier time than us as the south east division is pathetic.

I mean, look at that :
- Atlanta (lotery bound)
- Charlotte (lotery bound)
- Miami (lol)
- Orlando (duno, but playoffs is everything except guaranted)
- Golden state, uh, I meant washington

I honnestly don't know how they couldn't finish first of that division. And as they'll play more games (I assume) against teams of that division, they'll have a better record that they deserve.

2nd seed in the conference is really doable for them.
we are the best team in the atlantic

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy