5/28/2016  11:43 AM
Noel is just a bad basketball player.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

5/28/2016  9:03 PM
noel is an excellent basketball player cuz hes great on defense. hes tyson chanlder 2.0....he has NO offensive game but he's a terror on defense
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
mreinman
Member: #3189

5/28/2016  10:14 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Is there away. Lopez and the 2017 pick after the draft? I know people are against trading 1st rd picks but Noel only recently turned 22. That's. Like drafting a seasoned college senior.

Someone show the way then talk to Phil.

are you freakin crazy, yellow?? what the heck got into you? Lopez and our 2017? I would not do that for our 2017 straight up ... have we learned nothing? Did not expect this from you especially when we are not getting an orlando player.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

5/28/2016  10:40 PM
I would likely require a 1st and Grant maybe.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/28/2016  10:44 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Is there away. Lopez and the 2017 pick after the draft? I know people are against trading 1st rd picks but Noel only recently turned 22. That's. Like drafting a seasoned college senior.

are you freakin crazy, yellow?? what the heck got into you? Lopez and our 2017? I would not do that for our 2017 straight up ... have we learned nothing? Did not expect this from you especially when we are not getting an orlando player.

You can't let the past scare you. That's how you lose out on players like Lowry. In a few years Noel will be an efficient PnR finisher that is as anyone on defense.

This is not a player that is bad at everything and has to work at every aspect of his game. This is a guy that stuffs almost every stat and is getting better on O.

mreinman

5/28/2016  11:12 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

You can't let the past scare you. That's how you lose out on players like Lowry. In a few years Noel will be an efficient PnR finisher that is as anyone on defense.

This is not a player that is bad at everything and has to work at every aspect of his game. This is a guy that stuffs almost every stat and is getting better on O.

can't shoot at all from > 3 feet, not a great rebounder, not as great a defender as you may think, not super smart, not super sturdy ... no way!

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/30/2016  12:10 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

can't shoot at all from > 3 feet, not a great rebounder, not as great a defender as you may think, not super smart, not super sturdy ... no way!

The health issue scare me along with questionable IQ. I am done overpaying for one dimensional players and honestly that's what Noel is now. I would do Rolo straight up but don't see Philly doing it. I have zero interest in trading a first round pick for Noel.
We can do better.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
yellowboy90

5/30/2016  2:52 PM
mreinman wrote:+
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I don't need him to shoot much beyond 6ft. I want him to be Portland Lopez, Whiteside, Tyson Chandler, or D.Jordan like in his shot selection. Also, he just turned 22 years old in April and last year was his second year so of course he isn't great in a lot of areas but he is good in most and great in a few. I think you have to predict the future some as a GM and take chances on young player's continuing to improve when they have shown that they have already taken steps from year to year.

Also, it's not just Noel there will be $10m in extra cap space to use.

mreinman

5/30/2016  2:53 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I don't need him to shoot much beyond 6ft. I want him to be Portland Lopez, Whiteside, Tyson Chandler, or D.Jordan like in his shot selection. Also, he just turned 22 years old in April and last year was his second year so of course he isn't great in a lot of areas but he is good in most and great in a few. I think you have to predict the future some as a GM and take chances on young player's continuing to improve when they have shown that they have already taken steps from year to year.

giving up a first pick for him is a non starter. We turned down lowry but we will give one up for Noel? No chance.

yellowboy90

5/30/2016  3:06 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

giving up a first pick for him is a non starter. We turned down lowry but we will give one up for Noel? No chance.

So a gm should base his moves on the bad decisions of a former GM? Defense has value too especially rim protectors. A marginal offensive center is much different than a marginal guard.

I can understand why people are apprehensive about trading 1st rd picks but I think Noel is on the verge of popping. So that is why I ma willing to give up a good player and a protected 1st.

How can the Knicks get Nerlens Noel?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy