[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How can the Knicks get Nerlens Noel?
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

5/27/2016  5:15 PM
Is there away. Lopez and the 2017 pick after the draft? I know people are against trading 1st rd picks but Noel only recently turned 22. That's. Like drafting a seasoned college senior.

Someone show the way then talk to Phil.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/27/2016  5:32 PM
yuck... of all the guys Noel?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
yellowboy90

5/27/2016  5:58 PM
fishmike wrote:yuck... of all the guys Noel?

defensive versatile big that will switch and hold his on when defending ball handlers. Plus his offense is growing. Give him a pg and/or wing to run high PnRs and watch him take off.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/27/2016  7:10 PM

Wait until he becomes a free agent.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/27/2016  7:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/27/2016  7:25 PM
I don't want players that need to be put in certain situations to be successful.

If they ran pick and pop for me at about 15-18 feet, I could average 20 points a game in the NBA. But why would a team sacrifice everything just to get me open shots where I like it?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/27/2016  8:19 PM
What has Nerlens Noel done in the NBA to warrant a future first round pick and Rolo?
yellowboy90

5/27/2016  8:45 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:What has Nerlens Noel done in the NBA to warrant a future first round pick and Rolo?

shoot 52% and avg nearly 10 rebs, 2.2 stls, and 1.8 blks per 36 as a 21 year old.

yellowboy90

5/27/2016  8:46 PM
EnySpree wrote:I don't want players that need to be put in certain situations to be successful.

If they ran pick and pop for me at about 15-18 feet, I could average 20 points a game in the NBA. But why would a team sacrifice everything just to get me open shots where I like it?

So you don't like Toney Wroten.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/27/2016  8:53 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I don't want players that need to be put in certain situations to be successful.

If Noel was available for a non guaranteed league mini deal he would have a 35 page thread
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/27/2016  9:26 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:What has Nerlens Noel done in the NBA to warrant a future first round pick and Rolo?

shoot 52% and avg nearly 10 rebs, 2.2 stls, and 1.8 blks per 36 as a 21 year old.

Per 36

These aren't his real averages..just projections of WHAT MIGHT be IF he played 36 min. Got it...ok, I'm sold.

yellowboy90

5/27/2016  9:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

If Noel was available for a non guaranteed league mini deal he would have a 35 page thread

true but there is a reason why one was cut and if the same people that use the look at the situation he was in with Wroten shouldn't they keep that same mindset with Noel? A player that can grow up with KP and keep him off of the toughest bigs. A player that can give the knicks a chance to play small ball while being big. Two athletic 7 footers that as they grow into their bodies could become a great tandem

yellowboy90

5/27/2016  10:01 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Per 36

These aren't his real averages..just projections of WHAT MIGHT be IF he played 36 min. Got it...ok, I'm sold.

He only plays about 30 mins a game over his 1st two years and in both years he averaged 8.1 rebs and 1.8 stls. In his first year he avg 1.9 blks and this year he avg 1.5 blks. He also had 1.8 ast(yr 1) and 1.7 ast(yr 2).

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

5/27/2016  11:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/27/2016  11:25 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Per 36

He only plays about 30 mins a game over his 1st two years and in both years he averaged 8.1 rebs and 1.8 stls. In his first year he avg 1.9 blks and this year he avg 1.5 blks. He also had 1.8 ast(yr 1) and 1.7 ast(yr 2).

...and they say he's actual a better passing big man than what the numbers indicate. Aside from his free throw shooting ability, I love the guy and see his potential as well. But like another poster indicated, I'd wait until free agency to pursue him because I think that Lopez and a pick is overkill especially with him about to hit the market as a RFA.

If anything I'd prefer to throw a cheaper package together for Gorgui Dieng and see what comes of it. I've admired his game for a while and think he'll be available now that Towns is in the fold. Dieng can do many of the things that Noel can but is more polished, athleticism aside.

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
5/27/2016  11:53 PM
hopefully they can't. noel is a project to the definition of the term. he has no offensive game and would just clog up the lanes for melo and kp. where would we play him? our best lineup has kp at 5 and melo at 4.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
NardDogNation

5/27/2016  11:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/28/2016  12:09 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Per 36

...and they say he's actual a better passing big man than what the numbers indicate. Aside from his free throw shooting ability, I love the guy and see his potential as well. But like another poster indicated, I'd wait until free agency to pursue him because I think that Lopez and a pick is overkill especially with him about to hit the market as a RFA.

If anything I'd prefer to throw a cheaper package together for Gorgui Dieng and see what comes of it. I've admired his game for a while and think he'll be available now that Towns is in the fold. Dieng can do many of the things that Noel can but is more polished, athleticism aside.

You know what....**** it. I'd do Lopez and a pick for Noel if neccessary. With all the picks the 76ers have in the pipeline though, I think it'd be far more likely for them to demand capable veterans that are locked into multi-year deals instead of that 2017 pick. Are any of those types of players available for Lopez? Any swingmen? Khris Middleton maybe?

I also wonder what the asking price would be for Embiid. I loved him coming out of college and wonder if he'd still be able to ball when healthy.

NardDogNation

5/28/2016  12:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/28/2016  12:07 AM
nyk4ever wrote:hopefully they can't. noel is a project to the definition of the term. he has no offensive game and would just clog up the lanes for melo and kp. where would we play him? our best lineup has kp at 5 and melo at 4.

...Noel can consistently hit a 15-18ft jumper and is steadly improving it. And to be frank, the best move for the Knicks is still a rebuild i.e. trade Melo for picks/prospects.

With Hornancek in the fold and with Mike Conley Jr. becoming a viable option (along with Al Horford), however, I do see a path for us to quickly contend for a title with Melo and Porzingis; especially if we manage to flip Lopez for a pick/assets in the process. This scenario might be good enough to steer me away from being pro-rebuild but Noel is a talent that you shouldn't turn down if he is available.

I'm not sure he'd be thrilled with this scenario but I could easily foresee Noel being a part of a deadly and seemless big man rotation with Porzingis and Horford (should we sign Al Horford) since both Porzingis and Horford could slide to the 4/stretch the floor. That of course would mean that Noel would have to come off the bench but considering Horford's advanced age, it would not be a permanent thing. And in the interim, Horford could serve as a great mentor to help polish Noel's game; a mentor he hasn't had throughout his entire career as a 76er.

yellowboy90

5/28/2016  12:22 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Per 36

I would agree if he was going to be a uFA but he's going to be a rFa and the team he goes to will likely be where he stays. Plus it gives the team he goes to his full bird rights on a low cap hold when the cap explodes.

I do like Dieng and think he is an underrated big but he is 26 which is still young but I really want a guy that can grow with KP. I think Dieng will be better if he restricts his game more until he becomes a knock down shooter in practice. He basically needs to find his way like a young RoLo did in Phx. Noel is already a better rebounder and versatile defender than Lopez. I am saying this as probably one of RoLo biggest fan and made trade/FA threads on him before last summer.

I think it would have to be a three team deal sending Lopez somewhere for assets to give to Philly plus a pick. It would be nice if it didn't take that much but it probably will. It would be awesome if it would just take the 2017 pick(top 5-9 pro.). Then use Lopez to get Teague. If JH gets to run his offense now a pg like Teague makes since and he is still semi-young.

nyk4ever wrote:hopefully they can't. noel is a project to the definition of the term. he has no offensive game and would just clog up the lanes for melo and kp. where would we play him? our best lineup has kp at 5 and melo at 4.

Actually it wasn't it was about the 5th best

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/28/2016  12:47 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Per 36

I would agree if he was going to be a uFA but he's going to be a rFa and the team he goes to will likely be where he stays. Plus it gives the team he goes to his full bird rights on a low cap hold when the cap explodes.

I do like Dieng and think he is an underrated big but he is 26 which is still young but I really want a guy that can grow with KP. I think Dieng will be better if he restricts his game more until he becomes a knock down shooter in practice. He basically needs to find his way like a young RoLo did in Phx. Noel is already a better rebounder and versatile defender than Lopez. I am saying this as probably one of RoLo biggest fan and made trade/FA threads on him before last summer.

I think it would have to be a three team deal sending Lopez somewhere for assets to give to Philly plus a pick. It would be nice if it didn't take that much but it probably will. It would be awesome if it would just take the 2017 pick(top 5-9 pro.). Then use Lopez to get Teague. If JH gets to run his offense now a pg like Teague makes since and he is still semi-young.

Actually it wasn't it was about the 5th best

I don't think Philly is trying to stock pile picks. Maybe they do it for roster balance but the Knicks have been burned so many times giving up picks. I don't see it.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/28/2016  6:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/28/2016  6:20 AM

Melo and KP can both hit outside shots so he wouldn't really effect them. It would be if you paired Lopez and Noel together that it would be a problem potentially for guards.

But Noel and KP together could be a small ball killer for opposing teams with there agility and length. Add in skilled grinder Willie for the trifecta.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
tj23
Member: #3119

5/28/2016  6:27 AM
Yeah I like him and I'm not even robin's biggest fan but the real difference makers today are out on the perimeter. So I wouldn't blow a first on him. Game changers are at guard and wing minus a couple rare exceptions. Keep the pick. I don't see any reasonable deal i'd pull the trigger on.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy