[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Video of all Seth Curry 3's this year
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/26/2016  3:39 PM
Just shows you how diverse the guy is shooting and how he is able to create separation quite easily. Hes going to be a game changer for some team.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/26/2016  3:42 PM
I am actually really into him but his skill set seems like again, more of a 2 guard.
so here is what phil is thinking ....
BRIGGS
5/26/2016  3:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/26/2016  3:58 PM
mreinman wrote:I am actually really into him but his skill set seems like again, more of a 2 guard.

What I envision for this team is 5-6 multi faceted guards who are utilized in an impromptu offense scheme. It might be much cheaper to get a late 2 and draft Bryn Forbes but I really like Curry and he has NBA experience that kind of gave us a glimpse of what he can do over 40 games just like Jaeremy Lin did. But we need a high effeicney shooter from 3 there is NO doubt in my mind. Curry had some big assists games down the stretch--he doesnt have the speed I like--but hes got everything else. Thats why you pair Curry with guys with size--guys with speed etc...

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
5/26/2016  3:57 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:I am actually really into him but his skill set seems like again, more of a 2 guard.

What I envision for this team is 5-6 multi faceted guards who are utilized in an impromptu offense scheme

I can see that happening. We know that Phil and his staff are already focused on guards in the draft so just follows logic that they'll do the same in FA. Gettable FA's like Seth are gonna have to be in their sights.

mreinman

5/26/2016  4:06 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

What I envision for this team is 5-6 multi faceted guards who are utilized in an impromptu offense scheme. It might be much cheaper to get a late 2 and draft Bryn Forbes but I really like Curry and he has NBA experience that kind of gave us a glimpse of what he can do over 40 games just like Jaeremy Lin did. But we need a high effeicney shooter from 3 there is NO doubt in my mind. Curry had some big assists games down the stretch--he doesnt have the speed I like--but hes got everything else. Thats why you pair Curry with guys with size--guys with speed etc...

He averaged 3.5 assists per 36. That is 2 guard numbers and not even good ones. That being said, if you think that was just situational and he really can be a good passing PG then that is another story. Would like to see some full game tape on him.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/26/2016  7:05 PM
I saw too many blow out threes. Also, if the staff wanted Curry why didn't they go after him last year when he was available and they had an open roster spot?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/26/2016  11:08 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I saw too many blow out threes. Also, if the staff wanted Curry why didn't they go after him last year when he was available and they had an open roster spot?

The interesting wrinkle now is how much input Hornacek and whatever staff he brings in is given on roster moves. Particularly at the guard spots. Hornacek knows a thing or two about sweet shooting guards.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/27/2016  12:56 AM
crzymdups wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I saw too many blow out threes. Also, if the staff wanted Curry why didn't they go after him last year when he was available and they had an open roster spot?

The interesting wrinkle now is how much input Hornacek and whatever staff he brings in is given on roster moves. Particularly at the guard spots. Hornacek knows a thing or two about sweet shooting guards.

Gotta admit it's more exciting with JH in the mix. It might impact the choice of players from now on. We won't know for sure until they have the press conference and explain how things are gonna work.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

5/27/2016  7:38 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Just shows you how diverse the guy is shooting and how he is able to create separation quite easily. Hes going to be a game changer for some team.

Think the biggest question is price. Is he just a three point shooter? Then not worth over 6M per. Also, does Phil not prefer players who can play multiple positions and have more length on defense?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BRIGGS
5/27/2016  9:34 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Just shows you how diverse the guy is shooting and how he is able to create separation quite easily. Hes going to be a game changer for some team.

Think the biggest question is price. Is he just a three point shooter? Then not worth over 6M per. Also, does Phil not prefer players who can play multiple positions and have more length on defense?

You could see in his # that when he got playing time--he was an adept passer very reasonable rebounder for a guard and a decent defender

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened
Member: #4234

5/27/2016  9:46 AM
when he got playing time, it was in march and april - against teams that were tanking, didnt care anymore, resting injured players or not important. the only time ive seen him play well was during this time or in summer league competition

with that said, he can SHOOT the ball - and thats always a needed asset. would i take a chance on him - SURE? we have no backcourt depth and we desparately need some

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/27/2016  10:47 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

You could see in his # that when he got playing time--he was an adept passer very reasonable rebounder for a guard and a decent defender

But you need to remember when he got those minutes which you seem to over look. The season was over for Sac and most of the teams they were playing and they were just out there playing to play.

crzymdups
USA
5/27/2016  11:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/27/2016  11:17 AM
Video of all Steph Curry's 3's this year

¿ △ ?
mreinman

5/27/2016  11:22 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

as I stated earlier, his passing numbers are no where close to where a PG's numbers should be.

BRIGGS
5/27/2016  11:52 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

But you need to remember when he got those minutes which you seem to over look. The season was over for Sac and most of the teams they were playing and they were just out there playing to play.

Not his fault--they played Rondo who contracts the floor and they lost a lot of games with some good players.

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
USA
5/27/2016  1:01 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Not his fault--they played Rondo who contracts the floor and they lost a lot of games with some good players.

I think Cousins is terribly overrated. This is the first time in his six seasons he won 30 games. That team is a mess, but that mess starts with Cousins.

¿ △ ?
RonRon
Member: #246
5/28/2016  1:41 PM
he can SHOOT

think he has 2 FULL seasons under his belt
not sure what is the most he can make but I think we should consider him if we can get him on a solid deal

1- Thanasis *I have always liked him and I think he can develop in to a role/impact similar to a YOUNG Ariza (though smaller, at the SG/SF, and probably defend some PG)

2- Seth UFA?

3- Justin Holiday has a team option for another season in Chicago that was traded to them by Atlanta in the Hinrich swap
surprised GS didn't resign him and we or another team didn't go after him harder as he played as a 6th man with multiple positions/styles with his size/length/versatility on GS

other brothers? am I missing anyone else that can be CHEAP targets? NOT being sarcastic...

Tyler Zeller/Miles Plumlee *if we do move Lopez for assets/cap space along with Bobdan/Mehjri (Dallas) for cap friendly deals*

Klay Thompson's brother was not very good when he played for us
Millsap's brother had some decent games his first year but took a step back last season

Would these brothers improve our chances in landing their better halves?
I was SOLD on Giannes once I saw him on draftexpress in 2013 summer
I am so intrigued on his size/athleticism/versatility/DEFENSE and TOUGHNESS, could be a YOUNG Magic Johnson/Lebron like game, playing point/forward/center, with more of the size/length of a BIGGER Durant
He probably will be the BEST DEFENSIVE player at some point in the next couple of seasons, with his length/athleticism/size/strength/toughness and willingness to play DEFENSE

Hoping that he signs a 3year deal with a 4th year player option (likely MAX when he is a RFA next summer, so he can be available 2020 or after (when CA's contract expires)

We missed out on Rudy Gobert that draft and just missed Plumlee with the Nets picking 1 before us, though we got Tim Hardaway (that lead us to Grant)

We also missed out on Jovic for Cleanthony Early

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/28/2016  7:38 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

What does who's fault it is have to do with the numbers he put up in meaningless games??

BRIGGS
5/29/2016  5:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/29/2016  5:07 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

What does who's fault it is have to do with the numbers he put up in meaningless games??

Did the Kings play a meaningful game all year? WhenI watch the nba I reinforce my thought process that we need 2 of Crabbe Forbes or Curry AND we need a guard who has speed. You look at each GOOD team and say we could use this a little of that etc. There is no doubt in my mind that the best team we could build would be a deep diverse backcourt with interchageable pieces and high wuality 3 point shooters( and there are not many of them) are important. One guard who has speed is important as well because u watch a guy like Westbrook and he's able to control game flow with his speed with the ball

RIP Crushalot😞
Video of all Seth Curry 3's this year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy