[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Joakim Noah??
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

5/27/2016  11:55 AM
mreinman wrote:
wargames wrote:My instinct is to say No. However if Phil wants him (or expects to get him) then I would suppose they would have a trade set up for RoLo as well.....

why does everyone keep mentioning the idea of rolo being traded?? Seems like nobody really appreciates him or thinks he is valuable enough to us to want to keep him.

I think Robin Lopez is a very valuable asset to us. He has improved his overall game a lot and is developing into a bigger offensive threat with every game; in addition, he is probably the main reason why our frontcourt has made great strides over the course of the season.

That being said, if we want to get better we must fix our backcourt. If you look at the guard options this summer, you realize that there are very limited options.It has gotten to the absurd notions of given role players like Bazemore upwards 8 million per year, horrendous shooters like Turner and Jennings 13 million, and overrated yet big "potential" guys max contracts like Beal and Batum hoping that history somehow wont repeat itself. Trading Robin Lopez for guard and bringing in another center like him is not a pretty option, but if it means we can make progress then all options must be kept on the table. Playing the waiting game in free agency while continuing to have lackluster seasons is simply not going to work because the more we continue to suck the less attractive we are.

The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Member: #3189

5/27/2016  12:01 PM
TPercy wrote:
mreinman wrote:
wargames wrote:My instinct is to say No. However if Phil wants him (or expects to get him) then I would suppose they would have a trade set up for RoLo as well.....

why does everyone keep mentioning the idea of rolo being traded?? Seems like nobody really appreciates him or thinks he is valuable enough to us to want to keep him.

I think Robin Lopez is a very valuable asset to us. He has improved his overall game a lot and is developing into a bigger offensive threat with every game; in addition, he is probably the main reason why our frontcourt has made great strides over the course of the season.

That being said, if we want to get better we must fix our backcourt. If you look at the guard options this summer, you realize that there are very limited options.It has gotten to the absurd notions of given role players like Bazemore upwards 8 million per year, horrendous shooters like Turner and Jennings 13 million, and overrated yet big "potential" guys max contracts like Beal and Batum hoping that history somehow wont repeat itself. Trading Robin Lopez for guard and bringing in another center like him is not a pretty option, but if it means we can make progress then all options must be kept on the table. Playing the waiting game in free agency while continuing to have lackluster seasons is simply not going to work because the more we continue to suck the less attractive we are.

I get the reasoning behind such a move but this teams needs stability that he has brought/brings so I am worried that getting rid of him even if its a decent trade for a guard may hurt the team more than it will help.

I would much rather trade melo if we can get something decent back for him. I worry that he will just decline while being a big cap hold and we will never get back value for him if we wait. On the other hand, if we can get 2 more healthy non selfish seasons out of melo, that can be great as well. Trading him would also affect stability especially if he is as close to KP as people believe he is.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
TPercy

5/27/2016  12:01 PM
franco12 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I don't really see it as a good option. He is always hurt and will definitely command a long-term contract. I want to invest in the backcourt and stay as is until next summer to see what is out there. We need to preserve max cap space and Noah seems like a setup for failure. I may also be in the minority here, but i still believe O'Quinn can be a solid backup center here. I think with O'Quinn and Willy as reserves, and KP shifting to the 5 in a "smaller" lineup, we have more than enough at the center position. If anything, we should be targeting an athletic backup PF, if we are looking to add to the frontcourt.

I agree 100% with everything.

And you're right about the PF type role - someone like a Kris Humphries type player, who can come in and clean up on the boards, make an impact in limited minutes.

And I believe in KOQ. His numbers aren't bad, his contract great value. And he should some flashes of doing the things you want- occupying space, grab boards.

Was he the 2nd coming of Shaq? No. If you told me our front court was going to be KP, KOQ & ROLO, I'm totally happy with those three, and slide Melo to the 4 when we go small.

Hopefully with a real coach running their system from day 1, we'll actually see some of our players step up their games.

I don't mind Kyle O Quinn at all really. We just got to get him more shots in the paint and less shots from the top of the key.
The Future is Bright!
mreinman
Member: #3189

5/27/2016  12:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/27/2016  12:02 PM
TPercy wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I don't really see it as a good option. He is always hurt and will definitely command a long-term contract. I want to invest in the backcourt and stay as is until next summer to see what is out there. We need to preserve max cap space and Noah seems like a setup for failure. I may also be in the minority here, but i still believe O'Quinn can be a solid backup center here. I think with O'Quinn and Willy as reserves, and KP shifting to the 5 in a "smaller" lineup, we have more than enough at the center position. If anything, we should be targeting an athletic backup PF, if we are looking to add to the frontcourt.

And you're right about the PF type role - someone like a Kris Humphries type player, who can come in and clean up on the boards, make an impact in limited minutes.

And I believe in KOQ. His numbers aren't bad, his contract great value. And he should some flashes of doing the things you want- occupying space, grab boards.

Was he the 2nd coming of Shaq? No. If you told me our front court was going to be KP, KOQ & ROLO, I'm totally happy with those three, and slide Melo to the 4 when we go small.

Hopefully with a real coach running their system from day 1, we'll actually see some of our players step up their games.

I don't mind Kyle O Quinn at all really. We just got to get him more shots in the paint and less shots from the top of the key.

his shots gets blocked more than Clarence Witherspoon.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
TPercy

5/27/2016  12:08 PM
mreinman wrote:
TPercy wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I get the reasoning behind such a move but this teams needs stability that he has brought/brings so I am worried that getting rid of him even if its a decent trade for a guard may hurt the team more than it will help.

I would much rather trade melo if we can get something decent back for him. I worry that he will just decline while being a big cap hold and we will never get back value for him if we wait. On the other hand, if we can get 2 more healthy non selfish seasons out of melo, that can be great as well. Trading him would also affect stability especially if he is as close to KP as people believe he is.

Yep all things mentioned are true..
Building a basketball team...a lot harder than it looks.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

5/27/2016  12:16 PM
mreinman wrote:
TPercy wrote:
franco12 wrote:

his shots gets blocked more than Clarence Witherspoon.

True but I would rather have him post up than cringe watching him take those fugly heat check long twos.
He may have 3pt potential down the road in his career.. Overall I would hope for him to be a serviceable backup off the bench provided that his minutes stay consistent.
The Future is Bright!
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
5/29/2016  9:46 AM
mreinman wrote:

EXACTLY.. Rolo had one of his best yrs overall. Some knicks fans not appreciating his hard work... He did a good job manning the middle, rebounding and setting up screens..

The Future. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
5/29/2016  9:50 AM
NO to Noah!! He's 31 yrs of age and getting injured quite often. He will demand a high pay raise and I don't think that's the route we need to take in order to build a winning team.. 5 yrs ago, Yes but not this this moment..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Joakim Noah??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy