Joakim Noah??
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/26/2016  8:29 AM
If on a "Cheap" deal, of course!!!!
I'd have to think he is minutes restricted, but if he get his Triangle down and be healthy for the playoffs its the kind of deal that can make an impact on the court. He can be our "Rodman" without the drama.

http://dailyknicks.com/2016/05/26/knicks-rumors-phil-jackson-to-pursue-joakim-noah/

AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

5/26/2016  9:40 AM
very intriguing

he definitely has played the game the right way with great attitude etc; just hope he's not a broken down jalopy at this point

(5)(5)
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/26/2016  9:47 AM
I love Noah's game - he'd be a perfect Triangle center. He did seem somewhat run down last season, so who knows.

But if Beck is saying it, I believe it's a possibility.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/26/2016  9:48 AM
¿ △ ?
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/26/2016  9:55 AM
all comes down to dollars. would give away seraphin and oquinn and money in a heartbeat for 15-20 min for Joachim -- if we think he can stay healthy

then you can put some younger guy (Willy) on the bench for garbage team and to watch Rolo and Joachim to see how the game is supposed to be played. That could be a ferocious interior defense

Now we just need some non-sieve guards

(5)(5)
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/26/2016  11:25 AM
Nalod wrote:If on a "Cheap" deal, of course!!!!
I'd have to think he is minutes restricted, but if he get his Triangle down and be healthy for the playoffs its the kind of deal that can make an impact on the court. He can be our "Rodman" without the drama.

http://dailyknicks.com/2016/05/26/knicks-rumors-phil-jackson-to-pursue-joakim-noah/

There's now rumors coming out that he would re-sign with the Bulls but that's just talk and we won't ever know the real truth unless Noah himself says it but i would absolutely love to have J.Noah on our Knicks. This guy is the poster boy for team player and he's all energy all the time. This the type of guy every winning team should have and he makes everyone around him on the floor or in the locker room better. When a guy goes down on the court Noah is the first one over there to give him his hand and help him up. I would love to have him and L.Thomas with us next year and on and i view L.Thomas in the same way when it comes to true team players. If we could get him and a legit SG this off season i think we're automatically a playoff team.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/26/2016  11:27 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:

There's now rumors coming out that he would re-sign with the Bulls but that's just talk and we won't ever know the real truth unless Noah himself says it but i would absolutely love to have J.Noah on our Knicks. This guy is the poster boy for team player and he's all energy all the time. This the type of guy every winning team should have and he makes everyone around him on the floor or in the locker room better. When a guy goes down on the court Noah is the first one over there to give him his hand and help him up. I would love to have him and L.Thomas with us next year and on and i view L.Thomas in the same way when it comes to true team players. If we could get him and a legit SG this off season i think we're automatically a playoff team.

Nobody is a bigger Noah fan than me but at this point, I would not want to invest too much money in him with his injury / health history.

Great team guy, great guy, great leader etc ... how much is that worth? We already have that type of person in Rolo so add another it would need to be for a really good contract.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/26/2016  12:29 PM
Typical rumor mill to get Bull fans anxious and feedback that they want him to stay. All this leaking of "info" creates interest and Agents job to get as many bidders as possible.
For that to happen it must be put out that he is "Looking forward to being a free agent".

Noah is breaking down and free agent, while Pau is also a free agent.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/26/2016  1:12 PM
if he's looking for a win now situation, he ain't coming here.
Malcolm
Member: #6131

5/26/2016  1:40 PM
Right idea. Wrong player.

Gasol . . . instead.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/26/2016  2:22 PM
I don't really see it as a good option. He is always hurt and will definitely command a long-term contract. I want to invest in the backcourt and stay as is until next summer to see what is out there. We need to preserve max cap space and Noah seems like a setup for failure. I may also be in the minority here, but i still believe O'Quinn can be a solid backup center here. I think with O'Quinn and Willy as reserves, and KP shifting to the 5 in a "smaller" lineup, we have more than enough at the center position. If anything, we should be targeting an athletic backup PF, if we are looking to add to the frontcourt.
newyorker4ever

5/26/2016  2:25 PM
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Nobody is a bigger Noah fan than me but at this point, I would not want to invest too much money in him with his injury / health history.

Great team guy, great guy, great leader etc ... how much is that worth? We already have that type of person in Rolo so add another it would need to be for a really good contract.

Noah and Rolo may be close to the same but not quite cause Noah has a 15 foot jump shot that he can hit at a good rate and has better athleticism and can play the 4 as well as the 5. Now of course we'd have to be careful on what we pay him and could maybe even get him on a prove yourself deal but if he'd accept coming off the bench and playing around 20-25 minutes a night that would help him with staying healthy hopefully.

mreinman

5/26/2016  2:29 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Noah and Rolo may be close to the same but not quite cause Noah has a 15 foot jump shot that he can hit at a good rate and has better athleticism and can play the 4 as well as the 5. Now of course we'd have to be careful on what we pay him and could maybe even get him on a prove yourself deal but if he'd accept coming off the bench and playing around 20-25 minutes a night that would help him with staying healthy hopefully.

Rolo is much more efficient at this point and probably a better over all player now that Noah is getting older. Noah has been going south for 4 years especially offensively. At least he used to be a great defender but not really anymore.

I would give him 7 x 3=21.

newyorker4ever

5/26/2016  2:31 PM
Knixkik wrote:I don't really see it as a good option. He is always hurt and will definitely command a long-term contract. I want to invest in the backcourt and stay as is until next summer to see what is out there. We need to preserve max cap space and Noah seems like a setup for failure. I may also be in the minority here, but i still believe O'Quinn can be a solid backup center here. I think with O'Quinn and Willy as reserves, and KP shifting to the 5 in a "smaller" lineup, we have more than enough at the center position. If anything, we should be targeting an athletic backup PF, if we are looking to add to the frontcourt.

You're definitely in the minority with KOQ being a good backup center, the guy doesn't wanna play under the rim where the center needs to be. He doesn't play defense and isn't a good rebounder and i don't know how many times i saw him get the ball under the basket or close to the basket and not do anything with the ball but pass it back outside. He has a decent outside shot and is a good passer for a big man but if anything he's a backup PF that can play some C if needed.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/26/2016  2:31 PM
noah replacing duncan on the spurs makes sense on almost every level.
same for conley to replace parker.
newyorker4ever

5/26/2016  2:33 PM
djsunyc wrote:noah replacing duncan on the spurs makes sense on almost every level.
same for conley to replace parker.

I think P.Gasol will be replacing Duncan for the Spurs.

knicks1248
Member: #582
5/26/2016  2:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/26/2016  2:41 PM
This guy averages 63 games over 9 seasons, he is the definition of injury prone( see his name and face in the dictionary)

No thank you..funny how you guys talk about melo breaking down, Amare was injury prone, Tyson chandler injury prone..

the bulls are average and currently have a better roster than us, so his numbers don't hold a lot of weight

ES
mreinman

5/26/2016  2:44 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I don't really see it as a good option. He is always hurt and will definitely command a long-term contract. I want to invest in the backcourt and stay as is until next summer to see what is out there. We need to preserve max cap space and Noah seems like a setup for failure. I may also be in the minority here, but i still believe O'Quinn can be a solid backup center here. I think with O'Quinn and Willy as reserves, and KP shifting to the 5 in a "smaller" lineup, we have more than enough at the center position. If anything, we should be targeting an athletic backup PF, if we are looking to add to the frontcourt.

You're definitely in the minority with KOQ being a good backup center, the guy doesn't wanna play under the rim where the center needs to be. He doesn't play defense and isn't a good rebounder and i don't know how many times i saw him get the ball under the basket or close to the basket and not do anything with the ball but pass it back outside. He has a decent outside shot and is a good passer for a big man but if anything he's a backup PF that can play some C if needed.

he is not even a decent backup. He is pretty awful.

wargames
Member: #6053

5/26/2016  4:27 PM
My instinct is to say No. However if Phil wants him (or expects to get him) then I would suppose they would have a trade set up for RoLo as well.....
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
mreinman

5/26/2016  4:30 PM
wargames wrote:My instinct is to say No. However if Phil wants him (or expects to get him) then I would suppose they would have a trade set up for RoLo as well.....

why does everyone keep mentioning the idea of rolo being traded?? Seems like nobody really appreciates him or thinks he is valuable enough to us to want to keep him.

Joakim Noah??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy