[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

New York Knick Team needs
Author Thread
mrcool
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3975

5/24/2016  7:54 PM
Realistically all these posts about centers pf and etc are useless. Thats not the current needs for the Knicks, we need Guard and other scoring help.
If we are going to Keep wroten or Grant than we need a star Shooting Guard, Bradley Beal or Derozan. The best option is to get Rondo and Evan Fournier. And some solid additions to the bench. This gives us a proven point guard a great shooter and slasher and at the 3 4 and 5 position we are solid.
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/24/2016  8:01 PM
mrcool wrote:Realistically all these posts about centers pf and etc are useless. Thats not the current needs for the Knicks, we need Guard and other scoring help.
If we are going to Keep wroten or Grant than we need a star Shooting Guard, Bradley Beal or Derozan. The best option is to get Rondo and Evan Fournier. And some solid additions to the bench. This gives us a proven point guard a great shooter and slasher and at the 3 4 and 5 position we are solid.

I would say it's not really so much needing a Star SG as much as SG's that can really stroke it from 3 and defend. DeRozan is not that kind of player. I would say the Knicks don't have to spend that much on SG's in order to get impactful upgrades. Jerian, Wroten can drive and kick. What we need are great 3pt shooters.

The Knicks will get penetration off screens and PnR, but those kick out shooters is where the real weakness is on this team. IMO there are young guards in this draft who are great 3nD options IMO. Phil should do everything he can to add one of them. Look for guys who can not only drive but hit the 3 from the PG spot as well in this draft.

In FA i'd shoot for young guys like Crabbe and Solomon. These are the gettable guys who won't break the bank.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/24/2016  8:05 PM
nixluva wrote:
mrcool wrote:Realistically all these posts about centers pf and etc are useless. Thats not the current needs for the Knicks, we need Guard and other scoring help.

I would say it's not really so much needing a Star SG as much as SG's that can really stroke it from 3 and defend. DeRozan is not that kind of player. I would say the Knicks don't have to spend that much on SG's in order to get impactful upgrades. Jerian, Wroten can drive and kick. What we need are great 3pt shooters.

The Knicks will get penetration off screens and PnR, but those kick out shooters is where the real weakness is on this team. IMO there are young guards in this draft who are great 3nD options IMO. Phil should do everything he can to add one of them. Look for guys who can not only drive but hit the 3 from the PG spot as well in this draft.

In FA i'd shoot for young guys like Crabbe and Solomon. These are the gettable guys who won't break the bank.

Crabbe I think will get way overpaid like DeCarrol and may not be able to live up to it. He looks like he has good potential but I think the price will make it way too risky.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/24/2016  8:15 PM
Here's a team need.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFzyqceNY9z/?taken-by=teamporzingis

newyorker4ever

5/24/2016  8:17 PM

I don't think you've been doing too much browsing around on here because pretty much all we've been talking about on here lately is how we need to upgrade our back court.

mrcool

5/24/2016  8:20 PM
Rookies will not be any good for us they would need time to develop we don't have time to rebuild. Rondo pass first point guard and Fournier would be our best option money wise. Crabbe is a good player but he is not the type of player yet that you can say lead the team if melo and porzingis is off Fournier has showed that with his scoring abilities.

Rondo
Fournier
Melo
Porzingis
Lopez

Current Bench
Wroten
Grant
Williams
Oquinn
PF- Free Agent -Gasol, David Lee,Terranc Jones, Jared Sullinger.
SG-Sf-Crabb-Turner -Bazemore
Center- Free Agent
Guard
Lance Thomas
Hernongomez

This team would make us contenders with a health core.

newyorker4ever

5/24/2016  8:24 PM
mrcool wrote:Rookies will not be any good for us they would need time to develop we don't have time to rebuild. Rondo pass first point guard and Fournier would be our best option money wise. Crabbe is a good player but he is not the type of player yet that you can say lead the team if melo and porzingis is off Fournier has showed that with his scoring abilities.

Rondo
Fournier
Melo
Porzingis
Lopez

Current Bench
Wroten
Grant
Williams
Oquinn
PF- Free Agent -Gasol, David Lee,Terranc Jones, Jared Sullinger.
SG-Sf-Crabb-Turner -Bazemore
Center- Free Agent
Guard
Lance Thomas
Hernongomez

This team would make us contenders with a health core.

And how much money is it that you think it's gonna take to get E.Fournier because he is a RFA and i'm sure it will take a nice chunk of money to get the Magic to not match an offer???

nixluva
USA
5/24/2016  8:32 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Crabbe I think will get way overpaid like DeCarrol and may not be able to live up to it. He looks like he has good potential but I think the price will make it way too risky.

Carroll was a really bad overpay IMO. Still they felt they needed him so paying a bit more was a risk they felt was worth it.

I don't think Crabbe is in the same ball park because for one thing he's younger. His max cap number is going to be influenced by other Free Agents coming off their rookie deals. He's not going to get what the top FA's in his class will get. He will get paid and the number will likely look crazy but that IMO will be a function of the cap going up. Plus the Knicks are not just gonna steal him for pennies. Being an RFA you've got to make the contract tough enough to his current team in order to have a chance to pry him away. I don't really have a clue what that number is tho.

The Knicks are in a position where they need some young talent that is proven to some extent. Crabbe is a good role player and they need someone who can play that 3nD role. Paying a premium for that is not a bad move IMO.

mrcool

5/24/2016  8:33 PM
He is making 2 mil now. I would give him atleast 10 mil. Hoping we can unload jose caledron and affalo opts out.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/24/2016  8:39 PM
Team needs:

1) Hopefully Melo doesn't deteriorate as a result of injuries and also doesn't have any other injuries moving forward.
2) Zingers needs to improve all around but especially in his post defense. He does get pushed around. He also needs to learn to become more efficient when it comes to his scoring and he definitely needs to improve his rebounding and be more consistent. 7 rebounds a game from a rookie 19 year old is fine and dandy and acceptable but it will not become acceptable when he's 23. Lets push it to 8.5 rebounds this next season.

Those are the 2 most important things. After that...

3) A PG who can play smart, lead, shoot and defend. Easier said than done because all those qualities are hard to find.
4) A SG who can shoot well CONSISTENTLY and defend.
5) Beef up the bench a bit. I do like the David Lee idea.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
wargames
Member: #6053

5/24/2016  9:04 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:Team needs:

1) Hopefully Melo doesn't deteriorate as a result of injuries and also doesn't have any other injuries moving forward.
2) Zingers needs to improve all around but especially in his post defense. He does get pushed around. He also needs to learn to become more efficient when it comes to his scoring and he definitely needs to improve his rebounding and be more consistent. 7 rebounds a game from a rookie 19 year old is fine and dandy and acceptable but it will not become acceptable when he's 23. Lets push it to 8.5 rebounds this next season.

Those are the 2 most important things. After that...

3) A PG who can play smart, lead, shoot and defend. Easier said than done because all those qualities are hard to find.
4) A SG who can shoot well CONSISTENTLY and defend.
5) Beef up the bench a bit. I do like the David Lee idea.

I would switch 4 and 3 because they got two potential stop gaps to survive the season. 2017 PG free agency is amazing. Also the knicks should give both Wroten and Grant a chance. If either develops into a starting PG, they could change their focus next year from chasing star PGs or even just All Star potential PGs to maybe going after a guy like Gordan Hayward who is a UFA and might be tired of Utah...... Its a stretch of course (damn near delusional) but if Grant and/or Wroten develop into starting PG material that is at least a possibility.

This year I would hope they go for a SG who shoots well consistently and is at least an avg defender. The two best candidates outside of a guy like Bazemore or RFA Fournier and Crabbe.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/24/2016  9:04 PM
1 additional rim protecting big man. I think both Lopez and KP are vulnerable to injury. Lopez had a career year health wise--Im not betting back to back on it

3-4 guards with atleast two premium 2 shooters and 2 guys who can make plays with the dribble (of course youd like it all)

1 athletic 2-3 slash

RIP Crushalot😞
mrcool

5/24/2016  9:23 PM
The reason I picked Rondo is because of Wroten and Grant they both will get good amount of playing time. Problem is if you get a good shooting guard , you only have one ball. Melo Porzingis and Fournier is enough shooting. You need someone that can drive. Rondo Grant and Wroten helps that. And if we want to increase the tempo you can go with a Wroten rondo lineup Fournier melo and Porzingis
nixluva
USA
5/24/2016  9:57 PM
mrcool wrote:The reason I picked Rondo is because of Wroten and Grant they both will get good amount of playing time. Problem is if you get a good shooting guard , you only have one ball. Melo Porzingis and Fournier is enough shooting. You need someone that can drive. Rondo Grant and Wroten helps that. And if we want to increase the tempo you can go with a Wroten rondo lineup Fournier melo and Porzingis

The interesting thing to find out is if JH goes smaller in his starting Lineup. Does he shift to Melo/KP 4/5? That would put one more shooter on the floor at SF.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/24/2016  10:05 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Carroll was a really bad overpay IMO. Still they felt they needed him so paying a bit more was a risk they felt was worth it.

I don't think Crabbe is in the same ball park because for one thing he's younger. His max cap number is going to be influenced by other Free Agents coming off their rookie deals. He's not going to get what the top FA's in his class will get. He will get paid and the number will likely look crazy but that IMO will be a function of the cap going up. Plus the Knicks are not just gonna steal him for pennies. Being an RFA you've got to make the contract tough enough to his current team in order to have a chance to pry him away. I don't really have a clue what that number is tho.

The Knicks are in a position where they need some young talent that is proven to some extent. Crabbe is a good role player and they need someone who can play that 3nD role. Paying a premium for that is not a bad move IMO.

what do you think would be a number that we can get him at?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nixluva
USA
5/24/2016  10:32 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

As I said I have no clue but I'm sure Phil and his cap guy have worked out some numbers on all prospective FA's. They've gotta have numbers in mind and what their plan for the Knicks cap will be for the next few years. I do know it won't be a Max offer. This is a role player and not as prominent as Carroll was or other similar players.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/24/2016  10:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/24/2016  10:46 PM
nixluva wrote:

+1. Need shooting from the SG position. DeRozan is not a good option for us consider he will take all of our cap space and is a non shooter.

wargames
Member: #6053

5/24/2016  11:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/25/2016  12:00 AM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

As I said I have no clue but I'm sure Phil and his cap guy have worked out some numbers on all prospective FA's. They've gotta have numbers in mind and what their plan for the Knicks cap will be for the next few years. I do know it won't be a Max offer. This is a role player and not as prominent as Carroll was or other similar players.

Crabbe is actually more obtainable than a lot of his peers. The Blazers have two guards in Lillard and McCollum who are better than him so he is at best a 6th man for them. They would probably want to sign Harkless ahead of him due to Harkless likely becoming their starting SF if they play Aminu at the 4 which they tend to do. They also have to pay Myers Leonard, They also need cap space for a big man (Horford and Whiteside are rumored.... Boyimbo might be in the mix too). When you add in that Crabbe's low QO (less than 3) A offer like 12 mil is either going to take 9 Million from this years blazer cap (and they will pay the tax) or next year and they still need to sign McCollum.

The money isn't there for the Blazers to match a deal unless they have it figured out with a big UFA early. Also he isn't that big of a key to their team that I think they go crazy for him. Also have henderson who should stay at about the same salary he is now but some more years.

On the flip if he came to NY he would be the starting SG, and paid. Its not a bad deal

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2016/05/24/point-game-podcast-blazers-guard-allen-crabbe-recaps-his-season-talks-free-agency/

Pretty good interview, he seems like a relaxed cali dude, and he basically a says he is open to leaving the blazers if a good enough offer is made.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/25/2016  1:26 AM
mrcool wrote:He is making 2 mil now. I would give him atleast 10 mil. Hoping we can unload jose caledron and affalo opts out.

Fournier is going to get 15-18mm and someone will be stupid enough to give Rondo 13-15mm. Fournier will NOT be a Knick--just check Tobias Harris for that answer--they arent giving him away.

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/25/2016  8:23 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
mrcool wrote:He is making 2 mil now. I would give him atleast 10 mil. Hoping we can unload jose caledron and affalo opts out.

Fournier is going to get 15-18mm and someone will be stupid enough to give Rondo 13-15mm. Fournier will NOT be a Knick--just check Tobias Harris for that answer--they arent giving him away.

Fournier is worth 15-18 million. I see him graduating to the 18-20pt a game realm.

Orlando has a new coach and no clue as to what they are trying to do. Our hope is Orlando decides to let Fournier go to establish that rookie they drafted from last year. Orlando is a soulless organization. I agree with Brigg. As long as there's an opportunity to sign the guy, you gotta have that hope

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
New York Knick Team needs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy