[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How would this team do if Hill comes back healthy?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/1/2004  11:06 PM
C Cato 6-11 275
PF Howard 6-11 240
SF Hill 6-9 225
SG Mobley 6-4 200
PG Francis 6-3 205
6th man Turkuglo
Battie
Nelson etc..
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
8/1/2004  11:29 PM
If Grant Hill comes back as real Grant Hill, then they are one of the top teams in the NBA. That's a big if though. On a positive note, Hill and Houston are doing the same treatment, so if Hill can come back with, then Houston should be able to come back as ture vintage Houston, which make us pretty damn good too. I'd take that.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
8/2/2004  12:23 AM
It is funny Briggs, Grant hill hasn't played in 3 years, his ankles are shot and he is 32( or 34 in Briggs years) and not getting younger or healthier, so as far as I am concerned the magic should not count on him at all, but whats funny is this thread, you seem to be giving legs to the theory of Hill comming back afte all of that, yet Houston missed a few games for the first time in his career and now he is old, with bad knees and done...

You are funny man,, funny!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
8/2/2004  1:04 AM
Posted by tkf:

It is funny Briggs, Grant hill hasn't played in 3 years, his ankles are shot and he is 32( or 34 in Briggs years) and not getting younger or healthier, so as far as I am concerned the magic should not count on him at all, but whats funny is this thread, you seem to be giving legs to the theory of Hill comming back afte all of that, yet Houston missed a few games for the first time in his career and now he is old, with bad knees and done...

I was thinking the same thing. Very good point.
Knicks_Fan
Ray15
Member: #668
8/2/2004  2:17 AM
Posted by tkf:

You are funny man,, funny!!!

Good post. Briggs, how can you post this after the "what if the knicks are healthy and don't make the playoffs?" multiple choice post? Look at the rosters -- Marbury is better than Francis. TT and Mobley are on the same level. Houston is in much better position to return at a higher level than grant hill. KT and Sweets is light years ahead of howard at this point while Nazr matches Cato. Frank Williams, at this point, beats out Nelson.

The magic are just not that good, and you pull these optomistic "what if grant hill comes back fully healthy" posts. Yet, for the knicks. who have a legit shot at making some noise this year, you post these "what if they don't make the playoffs?"

It's almost as if you want the Knicks to do bad so you can tell everybody you told them so.
Defense and Toughness
Rich
Member: #511
USA
8/2/2004  2:53 AM
Waiting for Hill is like waiting for Godot.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
8/2/2004  3:08 AM
Sad ir funny depending from your point of view, but every yr we have a "how good they'll be if grant hill comes back ? "

Ask mac grady for that, I bet he has a lot to say about it.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/2/2004  8:26 AM
when have i said the knicks will be bad next year? I said i believe they will win around 41-43 games if healthy with only a limited downside of 37-38. the question had nothing to do with the Knicks. if you dont like the question--skip it.

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/2/2004  9:29 AM
He said a big if.

ITs a good question.

What is often overlooked is chemistry. Most look at Stats only.

Howard could be better than any knick in the not too distant future.

Seems like unless your saying good things about the knicks, or don't talk about money in a bad way, your ok on these pages.

Seems like many a knick fan jsut like circle jerking them selves and love getting off with each other.

What is wrong with taking about finance or problems we have? And money can't solve all of them!

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/2/2004  9:34 AM
Posted by Nalod:

What is wrong with taking about finance or problems we have?
Because we have no finance problems. The Knicks are very wealthy. Finance problems are just a desperate search for the negative fans to find something to complain about. Soon it will be that the price of cotton candy is too high and life will therefore never be worth living.

Seems like unless your saying good things about the knicks, or don't talk about money in a bad way, your ok on these pages.

If you don't like the fact that we don't like *indiscriminate* negativity, then no one's forcing you to stay

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 08/02/2004 09:35:23]
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/2/2004  3:13 PM
No objectivity allowed! I get it.

We are the laughing stocks of the league with our bloated payroll and **** to show for it.

ANd adding more and more payroll makes it worse.

I like what Isiah is doing. he had to get respectable, which he did, but can't just keep taking in payroll.

Fans treat expriring deals like gold. they are used to bring in better players other teams want to dump.

Sure I can leave, but im not just becsause a few can't deal with reality once ina while.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/2/2004  4:20 PM

We are the laughing stocks of the league with our bloated payroll and **** to show for it.

That began to end when Layden left. And the Blazers are the only lottery team now with a huge payroll.

Fans treat expriring deals like gold.

No, GMs treat them like gold; very few fans understand the NBA salary rules or realize that expiring contracts are gold

they are used to bring in better players other teams want to dump.

They bring in players like Marbury (Knicks) and Rasheed (Pistons); I can live with that!

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 08/02/2004 16:21:37]
Rich
Member: #511
USA
8/2/2004  4:39 PM
Posted by Nalod:

No objectivity allowed! I get it.

ANd adding more and more payroll makes it worse.

I like what Isiah is doing. he had to get respectable, which he did, but can't just keep taking in payroll.

Fans treat expriring deals like gold. they are used to bring in better players other teams want to dump.

Sure I can leave, but im not just becsause a few can't deal with reality once ina while.

You are confusing your subjectivity with objectiivity.

The reason the Knicks are a laughing stock is because of Layden's blunders, a guy you defend more than most people.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
8/2/2004  5:02 PM
Nobody is sayin that you can't say negative things about the Knicks. They just have to make sense. If what you say does not make sense, and you get knocked for it, don't go crying broupthink and calliing all those who happen to desagree with you blind followers. How about this, I will adress your points, and you will actually answer me point by point for nomrla discusion???

1)BRIGGS you are saying that the best the Knicks can do is 41 wins. Now is possible for them to win 41 games? Yes, of course. They can 35 if things go bad. But is this the BEST they can do? Not at all, the best they can do is 45-47, and sayin that the best they can do is sub .500 is just being an @ss to the rest of knick fans.

2)We are a joke because we our payroll is so big. OK, we know that dollar for win we have the worst ratio. Now do we care? Do the Yankees care? If Dolan is willin to spend to win, I don't care how much every wins costs. I'm actually happpy I have a team willing to spend, I also happen to be a Met fan, and it blows when your team does not want to spend, or when the spend they do it halfway and overpay for crappy playes. Spinnin the argument of win for dollar and making it sound like the Knicks are bad because they pay a lot is just not fare to the rest of the Knick fans.

Now lets break down the overpaid argument futher.
Who is overpaid on our team?
a)Houston - that is Layden's doing
b)TT - he is essentially Van Horn, once again Layden
c)Anderson - Layden's man
d)Penny - Iseah brought him in BUT, we shipped out Eisly out in that deal so if you want to talk extra contracts taken on, subract Howard from Penny's money.
So out of all the overpaid guys on this team, only a portion of one of them is Iseah's doing. Keep that in mind please.

Futher, taking on players in the Craw trade I assuem would be like this:
Take on overpaid E-Rob and JYD, give up overpaid Anderson.
So in othe words add 1 more overpaid vet. Agree, we are takin on more moeny. However, both guys end in 07, right along with Houston, which will give us a lot of cap space.

As I have pointed out many times and have been igroned every time, the Bulsl trade would help our cap significantly granted we do not assume any more large commitments till 07.

Now, please, just discuss. If you don't agree with my points, then back up your stuff with somethign other then, oh you are just followin the trend, and I'm cool because I stand out and do my thing, I personally got past this sometime in high school.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
tkf
8/2/2004  9:43 PM
Posted by simrud:

Nobody is sayin that you can't say negative things about the Knicks. They just have to make sense. If what you say does not make sense, and you get knocked for it, don't go crying broupthink and calliing all those who happen to desagree with you blind followers. How about this, I will adress your points, and you will actually answer me point by point for nomrla discusion???

1)BRIGGS you are saying that the best the Knicks can do is 41 wins. Now is possible for them to win 41 games? Yes, of course. They can 35 if things go bad. But is this the BEST they can do? Not at all, the best they can do is 45-47, and sayin that the best they can do is sub .500 is just being an @ss to the rest of knick fans.

2)We are a joke because we our payroll is so big. OK, we know that dollar for win we have the worst ratio. Now do we care? Do the Yankees care? If Dolan is willin to spend to win, I don't care how much every wins costs. I'm actually happpy I have a team willing to spend, I also happen to be a Met fan, and it blows when your team does not want to spend, or when the spend they do it halfway and overpay for crappy playes. Spinnin the argument of win for dollar and making it sound like the Knicks are bad because they pay a lot is just not fare to the rest of the Knick fans.

Now lets break down the overpaid argument futher.
Who is overpaid on our team?
a)Houston - that is Layden's doing
b)TT - he is essentially Van Horn, once again Layden
c)Anderson - Layden's man
d)Penny - Iseah brought him in BUT, we shipped out Eisly out in that deal so if you want to talk extra contracts taken on, subract Howard from Penny's money.
So out of all the overpaid guys on this team, only a portion of one of them is Iseah's doing. Keep that in mind please.

Futher, taking on players in the Craw trade I assuem would be like this:
Take on overpaid E-Rob and JYD, give up overpaid Anderson.
So in othe words add 1 more overpaid vet. Agree, we are takin on more moeny. However, both guys end in 07, right along with Houston, which will give us a lot of cap space.

As I have pointed out many times and have been igroned every time, the Bulsl trade would help our cap significantly granted we do not assume any more large commitments till 07.

Now, please, just discuss. If you don't agree with my points, then back up your stuff with somethign other then, oh you are just followin the trend, and I'm cool because I stand out and do my thing, I personally got past this sometime in high school.

excellent post, this should be framed in gold...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
8/2/2004  9:45 PM
Another thing, does it matter how much payroll we add now, as long as the player is a young talent like crawford and or the contracts expire in or before the same year Houston and anderson's does? No it does not because until we lose Houston's deal off the books as well as andersons we will not be under the cap...
How would this team do if Hill comes back healthy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy