[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

For perspective Jeremy Lin
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
6/1/2016  7:03 AM
I can't see Lin playing defense into the second round of the playoffs. He'd be exploited.
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/1/2016  9:43 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:Lin's quest for $$$ facilitated his exit from the Knicks, NOT MElo.. but let facts come in the way of some good old fashioned emotional posting.

I don't know why people here get so insulted by the idea that things can happen behind the scenes that impact the stories we wind up hearing. Melo didn't "force" Lin out, but he was never happy about Lin's fame and folk hero status in NY. CAA had a big role in running the Knicks for a few years there, one of the reasons we traded a first round pick to get Bargnani. One of the reasons we gave Chris Smith an NBA contract. Lin didn't fit in with Melo or CAA's vision for the team, so he wasn't agressively retained. Lin went out and got that big contract because the Knicks told him to go out and prove his value. If they really wanted him, they could've made an offer. If you really want to marry a girl, you gonna tell her to go out and see if she can get a ring offer from some other dude and you promise you'll match it? If you do... well.. good luck to you!

Lin got one offer and then supposedly went back and "made" Houston offer him more - a $15M poison pill in year three of the deal. The funny thing is, some guys around here are willing to believe Lin "made" Houston offer him the $15M poison pill year than they are willing to believe that Melo didn't love the idea of Lin being the most popular player on the roster and that figured into how the team approached the situation. The Knicks have invested over a quarter of a billion dollars in Carmelo Anthony at this point and given him a no trade clause, but people here still act like Melo's opinion doesn't effect how this team operates. How'd that work out for Mister Rambis?

Here's some reporting that will be dismissed as "made up" by the same people who believe Lin "forced" Houston to give him a $15M poison pill. What danger mind powers the dastardly young man Jeremy Lin has! I wonder who he will force to give him that money this off-season in his quest for money?!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8180308/nba-jeremy-lin-six-degrees-separation-family

If its just an "idea" then why is it brought up like its a fact? That is more of a problem then the actual "idea".

I haven't seen anyone claim Lin *made* Houston offer him more money. There was the idea that Lin went back for more money due to Woodson saying that they would match up to 1 billion dollars. So it seem like his chance to squeeze more money out of the Knicks. Lin out of his own mouth stated "he thought the Knicks would match". And I would have noooooo problem at all with him getting as much money as he can. Houston feeling the need to up the offer to poison pill status throws that "idea" in your post above in the garbage. Then to top it off we had Grunwald hiding in the damn closet for the deadline. This isn't the action of a team that was cool with letting Lin walk in order to appease Melo.

I can come up with "ideas" all the same though. Like Lin didn't have to sign the poison pill contract. He could have went back to the Knicks and worked out a 4 yr deal instead after it was realized what his market value was.

There is also contradicting theory's. If Dolan was okay with Lin leaving due to appeasing Melo then why is there claims that he was butt hurt that Lin left for more money? Either Dolan was cool with Lin leaving in order to appease Melo or Dolan was pissed because he felt Lin betrayed him.

If Lin signed the original offer of 3 yrs 19mil with he team option of 10mil and the Knicks didn't match then there would be more of a case for Knicks looking to let Lin walk. But between Woodson famous quote, and Grunwald hiding in the closet, and Rockets feeling the need to bump the salary up to poison pill status. None of this fits the agenda.

In one sentence you claim you haven't seen anyone claim Lin went back to Houston for more money, and then in the next sentence you accuse him of going back to Houston for more money... I mean... what?

The Knicks told him to get an offer and they would match. He got an offer. Melo called it ridiculous, Woodson and Grunwald literally hid from him and wouldn't match. During the 3-day matching period they made a deal to re-acquire Ray Felton (aka the reason we don't have a second round pick this draft and who we had to take on Calderon to dump).

My point is exactly what you said - Lin was told to get an offer and the Knicks would match. He got one. They didn't match. Lin was blamed for getting too big of an offer, which somehow "proved" he didn't want to be here in the first place, which is essentially what you're saying by saying he "didn't have to sign the poison pill contract." So he's supposed to say to Houston... "no no no, give me less money! please!" Would you ever do that with any job ever? I wouldn't. Lin was blamed for being offered a contract and signing it - which, for the record is exactly what the Knicks told him to do - "find the market". So, yeah, Lin was blamed for doing exactly what the Knicks told him to do. Blamed for getting paid. If you don't think people here were blaming Lin, I'm afraid you're wrong. Also you just said the exact same thing.

So? I'm not sure what idea in my post in "thrown into the garbage"? I posted a link where a reporter citing sources said that Melo was uncomfortable with the idea of Lin on the team, that it didn't fit Melo's vision. I certainly think that fit into the decision to not match Lin. I think Melo calling the contract ridiculous certainly influenced the Knicks decision, too. There have been countless reports about this over the years. It's not some state secret, but people here act like it is heresy. Then some of the same people demand Melo be traded! It's some funny stuff! I'm neither a Melo booster or a Melo hater - I think he's so hated that he's underrated at this point, but he's not one of my favorite players. But I watched the team very closely during the Melo/Lin year and I do not think Melo wanted Lin to be the point guard he played with. Also, there are published reports that cite this. Not sure why it is considered such a controversial take.

You ever notice how Lin tends to light up the Knicks for 20-30pts every time they play? Does that seem more like someone who wanted to leave or a spurned lover?

Might have been a misunderstanding with the way you used the word "made". As I don't believe Lin made Rockets open up there wallets, like he demanded it out of them. He might have been more then willing to comply with how he could end up with Houston though. Already established Asian market due to Yao Ming. Very young team which he saw himself as the future star of. But I won't claim that as fact.

But once the rumored offer was reported of 3 yrs 19 mil with a 4th yr team option of 10. His market value was established. He could have just as easily told his agent to work out a deal with the Knicks around those principals. Instead he came up with a surprise signed poison pill contract days later.

The poison pill spiking to 15 mil in yr three is ONLY there to force the Knicks to pay double the luxury tax on his contract that yr. That is the ONLY purpose for it.

Do you believe that the Knicks were expecting Lin to sign an extremely rare poison pill contract when they told him to set his market value? I doubt it. They more or likely was expecting Lin to receive an NORMAL offer. Like the 3 yrs 19mil with a 4th yr 10mil option, and match that.

To go along with the other tons of evidence the point to the Knicks looking to resign Lin.

"You look at their roster, you've got some great pieces," Kidd said. "With the intention of signing Lin back, I saw that I can help. Hopefully, (I can) help them win and help Lin. He's a talented point guard, so at this stage of my career, I just felt that I could help those guys win."

Direct Quote from Jason Kidd.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8137020/jason-kidd-says-chance-win-mentor-jeremy-lin-factored-decision-join-new-york-knicks

This is the part I just don't get - Lin came up with this contract?

Instead he came up with a surprise signed poison pill contract days later.

Why did Houston offer the exact same deal to Asik at the exact same time?

Lin didn't come up with the deal, Houston did, because they heard the noise that the Knicks were going to match the 3yr $19M deal. Lin was never presented an offer sheet for 3yr $19M from Houston. He told the Knicks what the Rockets were offering, the Knicks told him they'd match, that story leaked to the papers, Houston upped their offer - the only offer sheet presented to Lin had the poison pill third year. Lin didn't "make" Houston add a third year. That's absurd. If he did, why did Houston offer the same contract to Asik?

I think it's true the poison pill angered Dolan. But I also think it's true that Melo didn't want him back at that level.

And I remember Kidd's words well about Lin. I think he would've been a great mentor for Lin. The whole thing is a shame.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
6/1/2016  10:00 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:Lin's quest for $$$ facilitated his exit from the Knicks, NOT MElo.. but let facts come in the way of some good old fashioned emotional posting.

I don't know why people here get so insulted by the idea that things can happen behind the scenes that impact the stories we wind up hearing. Melo didn't "force" Lin out, but he was never happy about Lin's fame and folk hero status in NY. CAA had a big role in running the Knicks for a few years there, one of the reasons we traded a first round pick to get Bargnani. One of the reasons we gave Chris Smith an NBA contract. Lin didn't fit in with Melo or CAA's vision for the team, so he wasn't agressively retained. Lin went out and got that big contract because the Knicks told him to go out and prove his value. If they really wanted him, they could've made an offer. If you really want to marry a girl, you gonna tell her to go out and see if she can get a ring offer from some other dude and you promise you'll match it? If you do... well.. good luck to you!

Lin got one offer and then supposedly went back and "made" Houston offer him more - a $15M poison pill in year three of the deal. The funny thing is, some guys around here are willing to believe Lin "made" Houston offer him the $15M poison pill year than they are willing to believe that Melo didn't love the idea of Lin being the most popular player on the roster and that figured into how the team approached the situation. The Knicks have invested over a quarter of a billion dollars in Carmelo Anthony at this point and given him a no trade clause, but people here still act like Melo's opinion doesn't effect how this team operates. How'd that work out for Mister Rambis?

Here's some reporting that will be dismissed as "made up" by the same people who believe Lin "forced" Houston to give him a $15M poison pill. What danger mind powers the dastardly young man Jeremy Lin has! I wonder who he will force to give him that money this off-season in his quest for money?!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8180308/nba-jeremy-lin-six-degrees-separation-family

If its just an "idea" then why is it brought up like its a fact? That is more of a problem then the actual "idea".

I haven't seen anyone claim Lin *made* Houston offer him more money. There was the idea that Lin went back for more money due to Woodson saying that they would match up to 1 billion dollars. So it seem like his chance to squeeze more money out of the Knicks. Lin out of his own mouth stated "he thought the Knicks would match". And I would have noooooo problem at all with him getting as much money as he can. Houston feeling the need to up the offer to poison pill status throws that "idea" in your post above in the garbage. Then to top it off we had Grunwald hiding in the damn closet for the deadline. This isn't the action of a team that was cool with letting Lin walk in order to appease Melo.

I can come up with "ideas" all the same though. Like Lin didn't have to sign the poison pill contract. He could have went back to the Knicks and worked out a 4 yr deal instead after it was realized what his market value was.

There is also contradicting theory's. If Dolan was okay with Lin leaving due to appeasing Melo then why is there claims that he was butt hurt that Lin left for more money? Either Dolan was cool with Lin leaving in order to appease Melo or Dolan was pissed because he felt Lin betrayed him.

If Lin signed the original offer of 3 yrs 19mil with he team option of 10mil and the Knicks didn't match then there would be more of a case for Knicks looking to let Lin walk. But between Woodson famous quote, and Grunwald hiding in the closet, and Rockets feeling the need to bump the salary up to poison pill status. None of this fits the agenda.

In one sentence you claim you haven't seen anyone claim Lin went back to Houston for more money, and then in the next sentence you accuse him of going back to Houston for more money... I mean... what?

The Knicks told him to get an offer and they would match. He got an offer. Melo called it ridiculous, Woodson and Grunwald literally hid from him and wouldn't match. During the 3-day matching period they made a deal to re-acquire Ray Felton (aka the reason we don't have a second round pick this draft and who we had to take on Calderon to dump).

My point is exactly what you said - Lin was told to get an offer and the Knicks would match. He got one. They didn't match. Lin was blamed for getting too big of an offer, which somehow "proved" he didn't want to be here in the first place, which is essentially what you're saying by saying he "didn't have to sign the poison pill contract." So he's supposed to say to Houston... "no no no, give me less money! please!" Would you ever do that with any job ever? I wouldn't. Lin was blamed for being offered a contract and signing it - which, for the record is exactly what the Knicks told him to do - "find the market". So, yeah, Lin was blamed for doing exactly what the Knicks told him to do. Blamed for getting paid. If you don't think people here were blaming Lin, I'm afraid you're wrong. Also you just said the exact same thing.

So? I'm not sure what idea in my post in "thrown into the garbage"? I posted a link where a reporter citing sources said that Melo was uncomfortable with the idea of Lin on the team, that it didn't fit Melo's vision. I certainly think that fit into the decision to not match Lin. I think Melo calling the contract ridiculous certainly influenced the Knicks decision, too. There have been countless reports about this over the years. It's not some state secret, but people here act like it is heresy. Then some of the same people demand Melo be traded! It's some funny stuff! I'm neither a Melo booster or a Melo hater - I think he's so hated that he's underrated at this point, but he's not one of my favorite players. But I watched the team very closely during the Melo/Lin year and I do not think Melo wanted Lin to be the point guard he played with. Also, there are published reports that cite this. Not sure why it is considered such a controversial take.

You ever notice how Lin tends to light up the Knicks for 20-30pts every time they play? Does that seem more like someone who wanted to leave or a spurned lover?

I reread the article. I missed the source that the writer cited.

Find one NBA article where a source comes out and says "yes, I am the assistant GM for the Houston Rockets. I hope I don't get fired for saying this, but here goes..."

It is always an anonymous source. That doesn't mean it is made up. This is how the media works. This is how reporting works in industries where guys or gals who leak stories can get fired for doing so. Why do people leak stories? Because they're disgruntled, because they get a rush from being the one in the know, because they want the information out there for one political reason or another.

The idea that a quote has to be named for it to be legit is kinda ridiculous. Woodward and Bernstein never revealed who Deep Throat was. That's kinda the way it goes.

The point being is that there are just as many viewpoints, ideas, angles, arguments etc.. that can counter the other.

Neither of us can claim anything as fact other then Lin signed a poison pill contract with the Rockets and the Knicks didn't match. But you and others are proclaiming that Knicks didn't want Lin back. Due to Melo not wanting Lin back. And are proclaiming that as fact while backing up those claims with theory. You can't back up proclaimed facts with theory. You can only back up proclaimed facts with facts. Which is why when you state something as fact you will be asked to back it up with facts.

I posted a video of Lin stating out of his own mouth how Melo took him under his wing. How Melo was the main guy constantly giving him advice on and off the court. Of course that wasn't replied to though. It didn't fit the agenda.

There has been no valid counter argument presented for why Woodson who depending on when its convenient is Melo's guy. Was quoted saying that the Knicks will match up to 1 billion dollars if he already knows that Melo wasn't having that. There is no valid counter argument for why Grunwald was hiding in the closet trying to buy time after Lin signed with the Rockets.

Fair - I mean, it's all conjecture. I think the reason Grunwald was hiding was that Dolan was furious and probably told Grunwald to tell Lin to go **** himself and Grunwald was trying to wait for Dolan to calm down a little. But again, just my conjecture. We also do know for a fact that Grunwald was arranging a trade for Felton at that time, so that may have been what he was doing.

The Knicks do so much **** that makes so little sense all we're left with is trying to assemble theories from the little non-sensical snippets we get. Whatever the case, a story came out that seemed to jibe with what a lot of us saw on the floor - Melo was not comfortable with Lin. He didn't like being scapegoated for that team struggling (including by MDA himself), he didn't like Lin getting credit for turning the season around, he didn't like how Lin was the good guy and Melo was the bad guy. I don't really blame Melo - the response to Lin was ridiculous. I wish it'd been a little less insane - it just happened to happen during a dry spell in the sports calendar - right after the super bowl, right before march madness and spring training. There wasn't much else going on in sports and all the sudden the media made a sensation out of a promising young point guard. It was ridiculous.

Anyway, whatever, it's old news now. But I think if Melo had wanted Lin back and advocated for it, the Knicks would've signed him. I think the poison pill angered Dolan. I think Melo's view point of Lin influenced their commitment to bringing him back, too.

¿ △ ?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/1/2016  10:20 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Played all of 26 games for us and got 3 years 24 mm or today's equivalent of 3 years and 40 . Yep after 26 games Jermey Lin got over 13 mm nba $ cap conparable

And that's a great bargain price for a Top 30 Point Guard!

Maybe we can read more about Melo's invisible brain waves, facial ticks and what his headband position gave away about his inner happiness about forcing Lin out so Jesus Jermey could be outplayed for years by the likes of HOFer's Toney Dougless and Patrick Beverly. And Melo probably forced Morey to use Lin's number on the giant banner during the free agent tour! That dastardly DOUCHE!!!

I bet Kobe forced him out of LA, too. Just like Melo! Kobe's a dick, Melo's a dick. Case closed!

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
6/1/2016  10:30 AM
jrodmc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Played all of 26 games for us and got 3 years 24 mm or today's equivalent of 3 years and 40 . Yep after 26 games Jermey Lin got over 13 mm nba $ cap conparable

Maybe we can read more about Melo's invisible brain waves, facial ticks and what his headband position gave away about his inner happiness about forcing Lin out so Jesus Jermey could be outplayed for years by the likes of HOFer's Toney Dougless and Patrick Beverly. And Melo probably forced Morey to use Lin's number on the giant banner during the free agent tour! That dastardly DOUCHE!!!

I bet Kobe forced him out of LA, too. Just like Melo! Kobe's a dick, Melo's a dick. Case closed!

Jesus Christ, stop with the Melo crap. No one cares!

We're all just waiting out these long 3 years to get rid of that albatross contract.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/1/2016  11:05 AM
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Find one NBA article where a source comes out and says "yes, I am the assistant GM for the Houston Rockets. I hope I don't get fired for saying this, but here goes..."

It is always an anonymous source. That doesn't mean it is made up. This is how the media works. This is how reporting works in industries where guys or gals who leak stories can get fired for doing so. Why do people leak stories? Because they're disgruntled, because they get a rush from being the one in the know, because they want the information out there for one political reason or another.

The idea that a quote has to be named for it to be legit is kinda ridiculous. Woodward and Bernstein never revealed who Deep Throat was. That's kinda the way it goes.

The point being is that there are just as many viewpoints, ideas, angles, arguments etc.. that can counter the other.

Neither of us can claim anything as fact other then Lin signed a poison pill contract with the Rockets and the Knicks didn't match. But you and others are proclaiming that Knicks didn't want Lin back. Due to Melo not wanting Lin back. And are proclaiming that as fact while backing up those claims with theory. You can't back up proclaimed facts with theory. You can only back up proclaimed facts with facts. Which is why when you state something as fact you will be asked to back it up with facts.

I posted a video of Lin stating out of his own mouth how Melo took him under his wing. How Melo was the main guy constantly giving him advice on and off the court. Of course that wasn't replied to though. It didn't fit the agenda.

There has been no valid counter argument presented for why Woodson who depending on when its convenient is Melo's guy. Was quoted saying that the Knicks will match up to 1 billion dollars if he already knows that Melo wasn't having that. There is no valid counter argument for why Grunwald was hiding in the closet trying to buy time after Lin signed with the Rockets.

Fair - I mean, it's all conjecture. I think the reason Grunwald was hiding was that Dolan was furious and probably told Grunwald to tell Lin to go **** himself and Grunwald was trying to wait for Dolan to calm down a little. But again, just my conjecture. We also do know for a fact that Grunwald was arranging a trade for Felton at that time, so that may have been what he was doing.

The Knicks do so much **** that makes so little sense all we're left with is trying to assemble theories from the little non-sensical snippets we get. Whatever the case, a story came out that seemed to jibe with what a lot of us saw on the floor - Melo was not comfortable with Lin. He didn't like being scapegoated for that team struggling (including by MDA himself), he didn't like Lin getting credit for turning the season around, he didn't like how Lin was the good guy and Melo was the bad guy. I don't really blame Melo - the response to Lin was ridiculous. I wish it'd been a little less insane - it just happened to happen during a dry spell in the sports calendar - right after the super bowl, right before march madness and spring training. There wasn't much else going on in sports and all the sudden the media made a sensation out of a promising young point guard. It was ridiculous.

Anyway, whatever, it's old news now. But I think if Melo had wanted Lin back and advocated for it, the Knicks would've signed him. I think the poison pill angered Dolan. I think Melo's view point of Lin influenced their commitment to bringing him back, too.

I could agree with that if Melo demanded that Lin be kept then they probably would have made that happen. That's a lot more reasonable. Though is it really Melo's personality to do so? Wonder if he also was under the impression the Lin was screwing over the Knicks with that poison pill. If Dolan felt that way was this the thinking accross the Knicks club. Who knows.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/1/2016  12:04 PM
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I am sure there is something behind those last points. There are lots of influences in motion. At the end of the day Lin was not worth that contract, it was a bad contract and the Knick did the right thing in not signing him. Lin put up decent numbers over those 3 years but really was not an impact player, and he was certainly a polarizing figure. If you need any convincing of Lin's value he was literally traded WITH a pick (Rockets acquired a Clippers pick) for nothing (rights to Sergei Lishchuk). Rockets said just take him, and here's a pick for doing so. Some perspective.

Which brings us back full circle to the topic starter, and Brigg's fascination (he's long since stopped reading this thread I am sure) with Crabbe and overpaying other RFAs. Bottom line? Its a crappy idea, doesn't work out and his title "For perspective Jeremy Lin" is indeed perspective on that topic indeed. The perspective is another team lured an RFA away with a bad contract and it didn't work. That player was traded with a pick for nothing before finishing that contract, and that player's next contract was a bottom dwellers veteran minimum type deal.

Lesson learned right Briggs?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
USA
6/1/2016  12:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/1/2016  12:12 PM
fishmike wrote:I am sure there is something behind those last points. There are lots of influences in motion. At the end of the day Lin was not worth that contract, it was a bad contract and the Knick did the right thing in not signing him. Lin put up decent numbers over those 3 years but really was not an impact player, and he was certainly a polarizing figure. If you need any convincing of Lin's value he was literally traded WITH a pick (Rockets acquired a Clippers pick) for nothing (rights to Sergei Lishchuk). Rockets said just take him, and here's a pick for doing so. Some perspective.

Which brings us back full circle to the topic starter, and Brigg's fascination (he's long since stopped reading this thread I am sure) with Crabbe and overpaying other RFAs. Bottom line? Its a crappy idea, doesn't work out and his title "For perspective Jeremy Lin" is indeed perspective on that topic indeed. The perspective is another team lured an RFA away with a bad contract and it didn't work. That player was traded with a pick for nothing before finishing that contract, and that player's next contract was a bottom dwellers veteran minimum type deal.

Lesson learned right Briggs?

Can't argue with that - I think there will be a lot of overpays this off-season that teams will regret.

Crabbe isn't worth anywhere near the $17M per year it'd take to steal him.

¿ △ ?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/1/2016  12:11 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

We're all just waiting out these long 3 years to get rid of that albatross contract.

Speak for yourself!
jrodmc
USA
6/1/2016  1:34 PM
Knixkik wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Speak for yourself!

That's the beauty of blind hate. You can speak for everyone! About everything!
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
6/1/2016  2:31 PM
Knixkik wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Speak for yourself!

LOL like we're actually doing something worthwhile in Melo's remaining years 32 through 35. We're not getting KD or anyone else that matters, so the whole point is to wait out his contract like we did with Allan Houston and Amare Stoudemire. We sure as hell can't move him or amnesty him since we wasted that on Chauncey Billups already.

Be realistic for once.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/1/2016  3:33 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Speak for yourself!

LOL like we're actually doing something worthwhile in Melo's remaining years 32 through 35. We're not getting KD or anyone else that matters, so the whole point is to wait out his contract like we did with Allan Houston and Amare Stoudemire. We sure as hell can't move him or amnesty him since we wasted that on Chauncey Billups already.

Be realistic for once.

The fact that you included the word "amnesty" in there shows how embarrassing your hate towards this particular player is.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

6/1/2016  4:13 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Speak for yourself!

Be realistic for once.

I feel so bad for Lin. Just think, Melo made him take all that money. Specially after proving to NY, Houston and the Lakers that all he is worth is Vets minimum. Think Lin will be in China next to Starberry next year. Perfect place for him.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/1/2016  4:31 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Speak for yourself!

Be realistic for once.

I feel so bad for Lin. Just think, Melo made him take all that money. Specially after proving to NY, Houston and the Lakers that all he is worth is Vets minimum. Think Lin will be in China next to Starberry next year. Perfect place for him.

Kinda harsh ain't it?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
crzymdups
USA
6/1/2016  4:33 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Speak for yourself!

Be realistic for once.

Lol. Lin had a great year for Charlotte. He'll get a contract for $7-9M per year, easily this off-season.

¿ △ ?
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

6/1/2016  4:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/1/2016  6:27 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Speak for yourself!

Be realistic for once.

Kinda harsh ain't it?

Which part? The part that he would make more money in China than in NBA? Or that his impact on those teams were Vets minimum like? Stop the BS. He is not very good. Did not deserve the money he got. Certainly proved that he didn't, And is a mid level talent at best. Time for all the BS talk about how Melo, Dolan did this and that. Who cares? It was a bad contract. And he became a rich guy. Don't understand why so many are still crying.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
jrodmc
USA
6/2/2016  12:41 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Speak for yourself!

Be realistic for once.

Kinda harsh ain't it?

Which part? The part that he would make more money in China than in NBA? Or that his impact on those teams were Vets minimum like? Stop the BS. He is not very good. Did not deserve the money he got. Certainly proved that he didn't, And is a mid level talent at best. Time for all the BS talk about how Melo, Dolan did this and that. Who cares? It was a bad contract. And he became a rich guy. Don't understand why so many are still crying.

Because they needed a replacement for crying about how great Denver was after the trade. It's understandable.
For perspective Jeremy Lin

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy