[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

For perspective Jeremy Lin
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
5/30/2016  4:03 PM
fishmike wrote:Lin's quest for $$$ facilitated his exit from the Knicks, NOT MElo.. but let facts come in the way of some good old fashioned emotional posting.

I don't know why people here get so insulted by the idea that things can happen behind the scenes that impact the stories we wind up hearing. Melo didn't "force" Lin out, but he was never happy about Lin's fame and folk hero status in NY. CAA had a big role in running the Knicks for a few years there, one of the reasons we traded a first round pick to get Bargnani. One of the reasons we gave Chris Smith an NBA contract. Lin didn't fit in with Melo or CAA's vision for the team, so he wasn't agressively retained. Lin went out and got that big contract because the Knicks told him to go out and prove his value. If they really wanted him, they could've made an offer. If you really want to marry a girl, you gonna tell her to go out and see if she can get a ring offer from some other dude and you promise you'll match it? If you do... well.. good luck to you!

Lin got one offer and then supposedly went back and "made" Houston offer him more - a $15M poison pill in year three of the deal. The funny thing is, some guys around here are willing to believe Lin "made" Houston offer him the $15M poison pill year than they are willing to believe that Melo didn't love the idea of Lin being the most popular player on the roster and that figured into how the team approached the situation. The Knicks have invested over a quarter of a billion dollars in Carmelo Anthony at this point and given him a no trade clause, but people here still act like Melo's opinion doesn't effect how this team operates. How'd that work out for Mister Rambis?

Here's some reporting that will be dismissed as "made up" by the same people who believe Lin "forced" Houston to give him a $15M poison pill. What danger mind powers the dastardly young man Jeremy Lin has! I wonder who he will force to give him that money this off-season in his quest for money?!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8180308/nba-jeremy-lin-six-degrees-separation-family

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/30/2016  4:19 PM
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:Lin's quest for $$$ facilitated his exit from the Knicks, NOT MElo.. but let facts come in the way of some good old fashioned emotional posting.

I don't know why people here get so insulted by the idea that things can happen behind the scenes that impact the stories we wind up hearing. Melo didn't "force" Lin out, but he was never happy about Lin's fame and folk hero status in NY. CAA had a big role in running the Knicks for a few years there, one of the reasons we traded a first round pick to get Bargnani. One of the reasons we gave Chris Smith an NBA contract. Lin didn't fit in with Melo or CAA's vision for the team, so he wasn't agressively retained. Lin went out and got that big contract because the Knicks told him to go out and prove his value. If they really wanted him, they could've made an offer. If you really want to marry a girl, you gonna tell her to go out and see if she can get a ring offer from some other dude and you promise you'll match it? If you do... well.. good luck to you!

Lin got one offer and then supposedly went back and "made" Houston offer him more - a $15M poison pill in year three of the deal. The funny thing is, some guys around here are willing to believe Lin "made" Houston offer him the $15M poison pill year than they are willing to believe that Melo didn't love the idea of Lin being the most popular player on the roster and that figured into how the team approached the situation. The Knicks have invested over a quarter of a billion dollars in Carmelo Anthony at this point and given him a no trade clause, but people here still act like Melo's opinion doesn't effect how this team operates. How'd that work out for Mister Rambis?

Here's some reporting that will be dismissed as "made up" by the same people who believe Lin "forced" Houston to give him a $15M poison pill. What danger mind powers the dastardly young man Jeremy Lin has! I wonder who he will force to give him that money this off-season in his quest for money?!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8180308/nba-jeremy-lin-six-degrees-separation-family

I wish the interview when he was with the Olympic team was available because one word taken out of context is what the media does. I saw the interview, it was showm during a summer league game and in the context of the interview the comment did not appear to be anything. I think with the NY Media and the Knicks if you don't see/hear the interview you need to proceed with caution.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
USA
5/30/2016  4:24 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I wish the interview when he was with the Olympic team was available because one word taken out of context is what the media does. I saw the interview, it was showm during a summer league game and in the context of the interview the comment did not appear to be anything. I think with the NY Media and the Knicks if you don't see/hear the interview you need to proceed with caution.

I watched the interview when it happened. I also saw Melo's look of disgust when Lin looked him off and hit a game winning shot in Indiana. But, sure, Lin forced Houston to give him a $15m poison pill. Then he forced Houston to also give Omar Asik one to cover his tracks. Dastardly!

¿ △ ?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/30/2016  4:28 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I watched the interview when it happened. I also saw Melo's look of disgust when Lin looked him off and hit a game winning shot in Indiana. But, sure, Lin forced Houston to give him a $15m poison pill. Then he forced Houston to also give Omar Asik one to cover his tracks. Dastardly!

OMG you did it. Now you Wil be asked to make a facts based convincing case that Melo looked disgusted. Good luck with that

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
5/30/2016  4:29 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

OMG you did it. Now you Wil be asked to make a facts based convincing case that Melo looked disgusted. Good luck with that

Naw. Will stick with 'body language'.
crzymdups
USA
5/30/2016  4:32 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Melo said everything he needed to say when he called the contract ridiculous. He said everything he needed to say when he said he hoped the coaching search was extensive. But I guess those were just coincidences made up by the dastardly New York media and Jeremy Lin's fluffers in their quest for money.

¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/30/2016  7:46 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I dont think any of that matters. Its all speculation. What matters is what is transparent. Woody said in the press the Knicks were going to match an offer if they couldnt work out a deal. Lin did what every FA should do, he got the best offer he could. Now the Rockets did what some around here harp on day in and day out. They overpaid to land an RFA. Now there could be any number of reasons the Knicks didnt match including strong urging from Melo's camp not to sign that offer sheet. Or it could simpy be the Knicks didnt think he was worth it. If the latter is the case its hard to believe because for once they were correct. Lin was overpaid and did not in any way live up to his contract. He was a polarizing non impact player. His next contract was for $2.2mm which is like the low level exception or something. Thats NBA scrap heap wage. Lin was part of an incredibly exciting run. It was really neat. He is what he is now, a middle of the road backup PG, 3rd or 4th guard in rotation. 20ish minutes is about right. I honestly wouldnt want him, seems like a distraction to me at this point.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/31/2016  2:06 PM
http://www.newseveryday.com/articles/44273/20160529/nba-rumors-jerremy-lin-rajon-rondo-new-york-knicks.htm

NBA Rumors: Lin and Rondo Eyed To Form NY Knicks' Offense Next Season Under New Head Coach Jeff Hornacek
By Jenn Loro(staff@newseveryday.com) - 29 May '16 07:12AM

Getty Images
New reports suggest that with New York Knicks’ hiring of Jeff Hornacek, franchise exec Phil ‘Zen Master’ Jackson has now staved off triangle offense in favor of traditional offense. Under traditional offense system, Knicks is reportedly eyeing to get high profile point guards, namely, Jeremy Lin and Rajon Rondo to form the team’s offense next season.

New reports churning out from NBA rumor land suggest that New York Knicks President Phil Jackson is eyeing to get Rajon Rondo and Jeremy Lin on the roster to form the team's offensive duo next season.

Multiple sources indicate Jackson's preference to get veteran guards in the league to complement the team's new head coach Jeff Hornacek's offense gameplay which point to the exec's liking to focus on acquiring Sacramento Kings guard Rajon Rondo and Charlotte Hornets veteran Jeremy Lin.

Also, Jeff Hornacek's imminent hiring as head coach also coincides with Jackson's departure from his beloved triangle offense which he strongly defended since being hired to run the New York-based franchise's front office. After all, the legendary Zen Master has made record 11 NBA titles using the strategy.

However, a number of critics think that the triangle has now become obsolete forcing Jackson to adopt a more different gameplay to make the Knicks a serious title contender. The upcoming head coach will reportedly have his way with the front office's support once he takes over as coach. A point guard himself, Hornacek is keen on applying a traditional offensive system which makes Lin and Rondo likely candidate for their next season's offense.

"Point guard becomes more important in a traditional offensive system versus the triangle,'' one league executive said as quoted by the New York Post. "Frankly, though, they need upgrades all over the board, [but] especially the 2-guard position.''

Many NBA analysts consider Hornacek as magnet for point guards in the league. If rumors prove accurate, elite guards from various teams may head out to New York as their next likely destination. Jackson's triangle system may be staved off as it fails to attract talents that are of high caliber point guard material.

"If I'm a top point guard and a free agent, I'm not going to want to be playing in that triangle," Former Knicks guard Chauncey Billups explained as stated in a Sports Rageous report. "A point guard needs more pick-and-roll, more freedom. It's going to be restrictive to my play.''

Jackson's recent change of heart implies that the legendary coach also possesses a willing ear to listen to others with his triangle offense now being discarded. Meanwhile, the Inquisitr reported an ongoing speculation that Jackson may be contemplating a departure from the Knicks and head out to LA Lakers to join his fiancée and team's part owner Jeanie Buss as part of the front office.

However, this may sound quite unlikely given the bad blood between Jeanie's brother Jim and the Zen Master. During Jackson's tenure as LA Lakers' head coach, he successfully transformed the west coast franchise into a formidable dynasty with 5 titles to his name. But Jim Buss was apparently hostile to Jackson and even went on to purge Jacksonian loyalists off the roster following the Zen Master's exit from the team years ago.

crzymdups
USA
5/31/2016  2:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/31/2016  2:34 PM
NYKBocker wrote:http://www.newseveryday.com/articles/44273/20160529/nba-rumors-jerremy-lin-rajon-rondo-new-york-knicks.htm

NBA Rumors: Lin and Rondo Eyed To Form NY Knicks' Offense Next Season Under New Head Coach Jeff Hornacek

Getty Images
New reports suggest that with New York Knicks’ hiring of Jeff Hornacek, franchise exec Phil ‘Zen Master’ Jackson has now staved off triangle offense in favor of traditional offense. Under traditional offense system, Knicks is reportedly eyeing to get high profile point guards, namely, Jeremy Lin and Rajon Rondo to form the team’s offense next season.

New reports churning out from NBA rumor land suggest that New York Knicks President Phil Jackson is eyeing to get Rajon Rondo and Jeremy Lin on the roster to form the team's offensive duo next season.

Multiple sources indicate Jackson's preference to get veteran guards in the league to complement the team's new head coach Jeff Hornacek's offense gameplay which point to the exec's liking to focus on acquiring Sacramento Kings guard Rajon Rondo and Charlotte Hornets veteran Jeremy Lin.

Also, Jeff Hornacek's imminent hiring as head coach also coincides with Jackson's departure from his beloved triangle offense which he strongly defended since being hired to run the New York-based franchise's front office. After all, the legendary Zen Master has made record 11 NBA titles using the strategy.

However, a number of critics think that the triangle has now become obsolete forcing Jackson to adopt a more different gameplay to make the Knicks a serious title contender. The upcoming head coach will reportedly have his way with the front office's support once he takes over as coach. A point guard himself, Hornacek is keen on applying a traditional offensive system which makes Lin and Rondo likely candidate for their next season's offense.

"Point guard becomes more important in a traditional offensive system versus the triangle,'' one league executive said as quoted by the New York Post. "Frankly, though, they need upgrades all over the board, [but] especially the 2-guard position.''

Many NBA analysts consider Hornacek as magnet for point guards in the league. If rumors prove accurate, elite guards from various teams may head out to New York as their next likely destination. Jackson's triangle system may be staved off as it fails to attract talents that are of high caliber point guard material.

"If I'm a top point guard and a free agent, I'm not going to want to be playing in that triangle," Former Knicks guard Chauncey Billups explained as stated in a Sports Rageous report. "A point guard needs more pick-and-roll, more freedom. It's going to be restrictive to my play.''

Jackson's recent change of heart implies that the legendary coach also possesses a willing ear to listen to others with his triangle offense now being discarded. Meanwhile, the Inquisitr reported an ongoing speculation that Jackson may be contemplating a departure from the Knicks and head out to LA Lakers to join his fiancée and team's part owner Jeanie Buss as part of the front office.

However, this may sound quite unlikely given the bad blood between Jeanie's brother Jim and the Zen Master. During Jackson's tenure as LA Lakers' head coach, he successfully transformed the west coast franchise into a formidable dynasty with 5 titles to his name. But Jim Buss was apparently hostile to Jackson and even went on to purge Jacksonian loyalists off the roster following the Zen Master's exit from the team years ago.

This is a pure click bait site. That "author" published literally twenty articles today if you click on her name. TWENTY! That's completely made up.

I don't get how you guys will disregard reported, sourced stories from Adrian Wojnorowski, Ramona Shelburne, Ken Berger, Howard Beck, Frank Isola, even Berman does actually reporting, etc... and then post this made up dreck.

It just boggles the mind.

Here's the Berman NY Post article that article is almost entirely lifted from - but Berman at least admits he is just speculating about who the Knicks could now chase at PG with Hornacek as coach. SMH http://nypost.com/2016/05/20/rondo-lin-hornacek-stunner-lets-knicks-fantasize-about-pgs/

¿ △ ?
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/31/2016  2:31 PM
NYKBocker wrote:http://www.newseveryday.com/articles/44273/20160529/nba-rumors-jerremy-lin-rajon-rondo-new-york-knicks.htm

Getty Images

would I be wrong for predicting 40'ish wins with a Rondo/Lin summer addition?
But, I think that would be a log jam of moderately overlapping talent with holes in different parts of their games:

Rondo
Lin
Calderon
Grant
Wroten
Galloway

You're best shooter may need a walker to get up and down the court, and that's to go with his cape on defense.

I have modest expectations - I'd love Lin and think he'd help us win games.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
5/31/2016  2:54 PM
Lin and Melo cannot be on the same team.
It was mind bogging for me at a time that Knicks throw so much money away with Lin.
The profits from Asian exposure in NY would bring much more money that some negligible for Dolan 30 mils of investments.
Dumb and Dumber...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/31/2016  5:29 PM
crzymdups wrote:

If its just an "idea" then why is it brought up like its a fact? That is more of a problem then the actual "idea".

I haven't seen anyone claim Lin *made* Houston offer him more money. There was the idea that Lin went back for more money due to Woodson saying that they would match up to 1 billion dollars. So it seem like his chance to squeeze more money out of the Knicks. Lin out of his own mouth stated "he thought the Knicks would match". And I would have noooooo problem at all with him getting as much money as he can. Houston feeling the need to up the offer to poison pill status throws that "idea" in your post above in the garbage. Then to top it off we had Grunwald hiding in the damn closet for the deadline. This isn't the action of a team that was cool with letting Lin walk in order to appease Melo.

I can come up with "ideas" all the same though. Like Lin didn't have to sign the poison pill contract. He could have went back to the Knicks and worked out a 4 yr deal instead after it was realized what his market value was.

There is also contradicting theory's. If Dolan was okay with Lin leaving due to appeasing Melo then why is there claims that he was butt hurt that Lin left for more money? Either Dolan was cool with Lin leaving in order to appease Melo or Dolan was pissed because he felt Lin betrayed him.

If Lin signed the original offer of 3 yrs 19mil with he team option of 10mil and the Knicks didn't match then there would be more of a case for Knicks looking to let Lin walk. But between Woodson famous quote, and Grunwald hiding in the closet, and Rockets feeling the need to bump the salary up to poison pill status. None of this fits the agenda.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
5/31/2016  5:37 PM
arkrud wrote:Lin and Melo cannot be on the same team.
It was mind bogging for me at a time that Knicks throw so much money away with Lin.
The profits from Asian exposure in NY would bring much more money that some negligible for Dolan 30 mils of investments.
Dumb and Dumber...

Correction. Lin and Melo can be on the same team. They just can't start together on a team that plays spread PNR and have Amare and Tyson as there front court and expect consistent positive results since neither of them can shoot to provide spacing which the system thrives on. Same reason MDA failed in LA.

Now you replace Amare with KP who could be more in the mold of Marion. And have possibly a more flexible coach in JH, would be better balance.

Lin doesn't defend the position well enough though to be a full time starter and needs a lot in place to maximize his skill set, like pure spacing. Which is why he is better off the bench and utilized like the Hornets did packaging him with shooters and allowing him to do what he does best which is penetrate and create.

crzymdups
USA
5/31/2016  10:58 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

If its just an "idea" then why is it brought up like its a fact? That is more of a problem then the actual "idea".

I haven't seen anyone claim Lin *made* Houston offer him more money. There was the idea that Lin went back for more money due to Woodson saying that they would match up to 1 billion dollars. So it seem like his chance to squeeze more money out of the Knicks. Lin out of his own mouth stated "he thought the Knicks would match". And I would have noooooo problem at all with him getting as much money as he can. Houston feeling the need to up the offer to poison pill status throws that "idea" in your post above in the garbage. Then to top it off we had Grunwald hiding in the damn closet for the deadline. This isn't the action of a team that was cool with letting Lin walk in order to appease Melo.

I can come up with "ideas" all the same though. Like Lin didn't have to sign the poison pill contract. He could have went back to the Knicks and worked out a 4 yr deal instead after it was realized what his market value was.

There is also contradicting theory's. If Dolan was okay with Lin leaving due to appeasing Melo then why is there claims that he was butt hurt that Lin left for more money? Either Dolan was cool with Lin leaving in order to appease Melo or Dolan was pissed because he felt Lin betrayed him.

If Lin signed the original offer of 3 yrs 19mil with he team option of 10mil and the Knicks didn't match then there would be more of a case for Knicks looking to let Lin walk. But between Woodson famous quote, and Grunwald hiding in the closet, and Rockets feeling the need to bump the salary up to poison pill status. None of this fits the agenda.

In one sentence you claim you haven't seen anyone claim Lin went back to Houston for more money, and then in the next sentence you accuse him of going back to Houston for more money... I mean... what?

The Knicks told him to get an offer and they would match. He got an offer. Melo called it ridiculous, Woodson and Grunwald literally hid from him and wouldn't match. During the 3-day matching period they made a deal to re-acquire Ray Felton (aka the reason we don't have a second round pick this draft and who we had to take on Calderon to dump).

My point is exactly what you said - Lin was told to get an offer and the Knicks would match. He got one. They didn't match. Lin was blamed for getting too big of an offer, which somehow "proved" he didn't want to be here in the first place, which is essentially what you're saying by saying he "didn't have to sign the poison pill contract." So he's supposed to say to Houston... "no no no, give me less money! please!" Would you ever do that with any job ever? I wouldn't. Lin was blamed for being offered a contract and signing it - which, for the record is exactly what the Knicks told him to do - "find the market". So, yeah, Lin was blamed for doing exactly what the Knicks told him to do. Blamed for getting paid. If you don't think people here were blaming Lin, I'm afraid you're wrong. Also you just said the exact same thing.

So? I'm not sure what idea in my post in "thrown into the garbage"? I posted a link where a reporter citing sources said that Melo was uncomfortable with the idea of Lin on the team, that it didn't fit Melo's vision. I certainly think that fit into the decision to not match Lin. I think Melo calling the contract ridiculous certainly influenced the Knicks decision, too. There have been countless reports about this over the years. It's not some state secret, but people here act like it is heresy. Then some of the same people demand Melo be traded! It's some funny stuff! I'm neither a Melo booster or a Melo hater - I think he's so hated that he's underrated at this point, but he's not one of my favorite players. But I watched the team very closely during the Melo/Lin year and I do not think Melo wanted Lin to be the point guard he played with. Also, there are published reports that cite this. Not sure why it is considered such a controversial take.

You ever notice how Lin tends to light up the Knicks for 20-30pts every time they play? Does that seem more like someone who wanted to leave or a spurned lover?

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
5/31/2016  11:07 PM
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

In one sentence you claim you haven't seen anyone claim Lin went back to Houston for more money, and then in the next sentence you accuse him of going back to Houston for more money... I mean... what?

The Knicks told him to get an offer and they would match. He got an offer. Melo called it ridiculous, Woodson and Grunwald literally hid from him and wouldn't match. During the 3-day matching period they made a deal to re-acquire Ray Felton (aka the reason we don't have a second round pick this draft and who we had to take on Calderon to dump).

My point is exactly what you said - Lin was told to get an offer and the Knicks would match. He got one. They didn't match. Lin was blamed for getting too big of an offer, which somehow "proved" he didn't want to be here in the first place, which is essentially what you're saying by saying he "didn't have to sign the poison pill contract." So he's supposed to say to Houston... "no no no, give me less money! please!" Would you ever do that with any job ever? I wouldn't. Lin was blamed for being offered a contract and signing it - which, for the record is exactly what the Knicks told him to do - "find the market". So, yeah, Lin was blamed for doing exactly what the Knicks told him to do. Blamed for getting paid. If you don't think people here were blaming Lin, I'm afraid you're wrong. Also you just said the exact same thing.

So? I'm not sure what idea in my post in "thrown into the garbage"? I posted a link where a reporter citing sources said that Melo was uncomfortable with the idea of Lin on the team, that it didn't fit Melo's vision. I certainly think that fit into the decision to not match Lin. I think Melo calling the contract ridiculous certainly influenced the Knicks decision, too. There have been countless reports about this over the years. It's not some state secret, but people here act like it is heresy. Then some of the same people demand Melo be traded! It's some funny stuff! I'm neither a Melo booster or a Melo hater - I think he's so hated that he's underrated at this point, but he's not one of my favorite players. But I watched the team very closely during the Melo/Lin year and I do not think Melo wanted Lin to be the point guard he played with. Also, there are published reports that cite this. Not sure why it is considered such a controversial take.

You ever notice how Lin tends to light up the Knicks for 20-30pts every time they play? Does that seem more like someone who wanted to leave or a spurned lover?

I reread the article. I missed the source that the writer cited.
crzymdups
USA
5/31/2016  11:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Find one NBA article where a source comes out and says "yes, I am the assistant GM for the Houston Rockets. I hope I don't get fired for saying this, but here goes..."

It is always an anonymous source. That doesn't mean it is made up. This is how the media works. This is how reporting works in industries where guys or gals who leak stories can get fired for doing so. Why do people leak stories? Because they're disgruntled, because they get a rush from being the one in the know, because they want the information out there for one political reason or another.

The idea that a quote has to be named for it to be legit is kinda ridiculous. Woodward and Bernstein never revealed who Deep Throat was. That's kinda the way it goes.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
5/31/2016  11:35 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Find one NBA article where a source comes out and says "yes, I am the assistant GM for the Houston Rockets. I hope I don't get fired for saying this, but here goes..."

It is always an anonymous source. That doesn't mean it is made up. This is how the media works. This is how reporting works in industries where guys or gals who leak stories can get fired for doing so. Why do people leak stories? Because they're disgruntled, because they get a rush from being the one in the know, because they want the information out there for one political reason or another.

The idea that a quote has to be named for it to be legit is kinda ridiculous. Woodward and Bernstein never revealed who Deep Throat was. That's kinda the way it goes.

I don't think there is a quote other than from Melo. Did I miss it. I don't recall the author referencing a source.

crzymdups
USA
5/31/2016  11:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I don't think there is a quote other than from Melo. Did I miss it. I don't recall the author referencing a source.

"The reasons are much deeper than they first appear and, according to sources close to Carmelo and the Knicks, have roots in the saga of LeBron James, The Decision, Melodrama and much more."

No one came out and put their name on it. The NBA grosses well over $6B a year. It is extremely big business that 450 players and 30 teams share in. Most people are not going to risk putting their name on something that would have them blacklisted for leaking. Whether it's a player agent or a team employee.

¿ △ ?
newyorknewyork
6/1/2016  6:41 AM
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Might have been a misunderstanding with the way you used the word "made". As I don't believe Lin made Rockets open up there wallets, like he demanded it out of them. He might have been more then willing to comply with how he could end up with Houston though. Already established Asian market due to Yao Ming. Very young team which he saw himself as the future star of. But I won't claim that as fact.

But once the rumored offer was reported of 3 yrs 19 mil with a 4th yr team option of 10. His market value was established. He could have just as easily told his agent to work out a deal with the Knicks around those principals. Instead he came up with a surprise signed poison pill contract days later.

The poison pill spiking to 15 mil in yr three is ONLY there to force the Knicks to pay double the luxury tax on his contract that yr. That is the ONLY purpose for it.

Do you believe that the Knicks were expecting Lin to sign an extremely rare poison pill contract when they told him to set his market value? I doubt it. They more or likely was expecting Lin to receive an NORMAL offer. Like the 3 yrs 19mil with a 4th yr 10mil option, and match that.

To go along with the other tons of evidence the point to the Knicks looking to resign Lin.

"You look at their roster, you've got some great pieces," Kidd said. "With the intention of signing Lin back, I saw that I can help. Hopefully, (I can) help them win and help Lin. He's a talented point guard, so at this stage of my career, I just felt that I could help those guys win."

Direct Quote from Jason Kidd.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8137020/jason-kidd-says-chance-win-mentor-jeremy-lin-factored-decision-join-new-york-knicks

newyorknewyork
6/1/2016  7:01 AM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

The point being is that there are just as many viewpoints, ideas, angles, arguments etc.. that can counter the other.

Neither of us can claim anything as fact other then Lin signed a poison pill contract with the Rockets and the Knicks didn't match. But you and others are proclaiming that Knicks didn't want Lin back. Due to Melo not wanting Lin back. And are proclaiming that as fact while backing up those claims with theory. You can't back up proclaimed facts with theory. You can only back up proclaimed facts with facts. Which is why when you state something as fact you will be asked to back it up with facts.

I posted a video of Lin stating out of his own mouth how Melo took him under his wing. How Melo was the main guy constantly giving him advice on and off the court. Of course that wasn't replied to though. It didn't fit the agenda.

There has been no valid counter argument presented for why Woodson who depending on when its convenient is Melo's guy. Was quoted saying that the Knicks will match up to 1 billion dollars if he already knows that Melo wasn't having that. There is no valid counter argument for why Grunwald was hiding in the closet trying to buy time after Lin signed with the Rockets.

For perspective Jeremy Lin

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy