[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

For perspective Jeremy Lin
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/21/2016  3:11 PM
Played all of 26 games for us and got 3 years 24 mm or today's equivalent of 3 years and 40 . Yep after 26 games Jermey Lin got over 13 mm nba $ cap conparable
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

5/21/2016  3:17 PM
Best thread ever
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/21/2016  3:18 PM
and how did he do vis a vis the contract he signed and the teams he played for?

Would houston do that same deal with the benefit of hindsight?

Now - would I take Lin today for us with our roster? Not at the money he signed, but maybe close.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/26/2016  3:18 PM
Rumor mill: Pacers, Bulls, Knicks all interested in Jeremy Lin. Hope Melo gives the OK.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/26/2016  3:53 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Rumor mill: Pacers, Bulls, Knicks all interested in Jeremy Lin. Hope Melo gives the OK.
I think Dolan would be the guy that would have to give the ok.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/26/2016  4:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Rumor mill: Pacers, Bulls, Knicks all interested in Jeremy Lin. Hope Melo gives the OK.

Melo for his career doesn't have a history of being at odds with teammates or other players. That's been documented anyway. Jeffries was about to take Melos head off when he snuffed Mardy Collins. Yet they played together on the Knicks with no problems. Melo even entrusting him with a pass for a layup in the final seconds of a playoff game vs Boston. Which Jeffries fumbled away to lose the game.

Iverson was a bigger ball jock then Lin ever was and they got along fine.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/26/2016  6:15 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Melo for his career doesn't have a history of being at odds with teammates or other players. That's been documented anyway. Jeffries was about to take Melos head off when he snuffed Mardy Collins. Yet they played together on the Knicks with no problems. Melo even entrusting him with a pass for a layup in the final seconds of a playoff game vs Boston. Which Jeffries fumbled away to lose the game.

This type of reasoning is so flawed.Denver was never in any danger of becoming Iverson's team any more than NY was going to be Jared Jeffries team. Being a great teammate to everyone who didn't threaten his popularity in his chosen kingdom was one thing. Jeremy Lin was well on his way to owning the NY basketball scene. The issue here was jealousy not camaraderie.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
5/26/2016  6:23 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This type of reasoning is so flawed.Denver was never in any danger of becoming Iverson's team any more than NY was going to be Jared Jeffries team. Being a great teammate to everyone who didn't threaten his popularity in his chosen kingdom was one thing. Jeremy Lin was well on his way to owning the NY basketball scene. The issue here was jealousy not camaraderie.

The issue was money. Lin got a monster offer and took it. Just curious, what are you basing your claim that Melo chased Lin out?
newyorknewyork
5/26/2016  6:33 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Can you provide any actual facts behind this? I doubt you will.

It was Iversons team more so then Melos team. Iverson was the seasoned vet who been to the finals already.

If there was any jeolousy it was Knicks fans who caused it. Trashing him on his twitter account during Linsanity. Even if you were to therorize jealousy. The timeline doesn't add up. Melo came back from injury after Mia kind of exposed Lin. Lin proceeded to get lit up game after game by the opposing PG. I can run the numbers again during this stretch if you haven't seen them already.

I remember when Lin had trouble with the trap and posting on this very board how when Melo comes back Lthey so t be able to trap Lin they way they have been.

newyorknewyork
5/26/2016  6:36 PM
Melo didn't have a problem with Andre Miller, Iverson, Billups, Kidd, Felton, Jr Smith, Calderon, Affalo. Kmart who probably played with him more yrs then anyone else love him.
mreinman
Member: #3189

5/26/2016  6:39 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Melo didn't have a problem with Andre Miller, Iverson, Billups, Kidd, Felton, Jr Smith, Calderon, Affalo. Kmart who probably played with him more yrs then anyone else love him.

we don't really know who had issues with him. I am sure that there were many who absolutely hated his shot selection.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
CrushAlot
USA
5/26/2016  6:43 PM
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Melo didn't have a problem with Andre Miller, Iverson, Billups, Kidd, Felton, Jr Smith, Calderon, Affalo. Kmart who probably played with him more yrs then anyone else love him.

we don't really know who had issues with him. I am sure that there were many who absolutely hated his shot selection.

I think Dolan was pissed off that he took the reported second offer from the Rockets with the poison pill. I think Lin is like Larry Brown to Dolan but to a lesser extent. I don't think he wears a Knick uniform as long as Dolan owns the team.
newyorknewyork
5/26/2016  6:46 PM
mreinman wrote:

Don't project your ideals on other ppl thought process. Even if there were some that did ( hypothetical until actual facts are presented). *I'm sure they compromised with the shot selection at times due to the amount of attention he drew away from them.

newyorknewyork
5/26/2016  6:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I think Dolan was pissed off that he took the reported second offer from the Rockets with the poison pill. I think Lin is like Larry Brown to Dolan but to a lesser extent. I don't think he wears a Knick uniform as long as Dolan owns the team.

If Phil wants him then Phil gets him.

mreinman
Member: #3189

5/26/2016  6:50 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Don't project your ideals on other ppl thought process. Even if there were some that did ( hypothetical until actual facts are presented). *I'm sure they compromised with the shot selection at times due to the amount of attention he drew away from them.

how are you sure about the *?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
newyorknewyork
5/26/2016  6:51 PM
I'm still waiting for George Karl to have that championship run since Melo is no longer around to hold his team back in the playoffs. He will have to find a new team to coach first though.
newyorknewyork
5/26/2016  6:52 PM
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:

how are you sure about the *?

I'm not, It was an example which is y it put the *

newyorknewyork
5/26/2016  6:52 PM
Did Meloshouldgo leave us already?
meloshouldgo

5/26/2016  7:00 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Can you provide any actual facts behind this? I doubt you will.

It was Iversons team more so then Melos team. Iverson was the seasoned vet who been to the finals already.

If there was any jeolousy it was Knicks fans who caused it. Trashing him on his twitter account during Linsanity. Even if you were to therorize jealousy. The timeline doesn't add up. Melo came back from injury after Mia kind of exposed Lin. Lin proceeded to get lit up game after game by the opposing PG. I can run the numbers again during this stretch if you haven't seen them already.

I remember when Lin had trouble with the trap and posting on this very board how when Melo comes back Lthey so t be able to trap Lin they way they have been.

Lin getting "lit up" didn't diminish his popularity. And yes the fans are what we are talking about when we use the word popularity. You require factual proof of a pure emotion? OK I got it - trolls are best left unfed.

meloshouldgo

5/26/2016  7:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:

What was he supposed to do? Reject the offer when no other team had made one?

For perspective Jeremy Lin

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy