Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/23/2016  11:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/23/2016  11:04 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:Toronto is in great shape. They have good players, a good cap and extra picks. With decent management they should be a 2nd round playoff team for man years. The problem is they remind me a bit of the Hawks of the 90s. Steve Smith, Mookie, Willis, they had lot of good teams, always made the playoffs, often advanced, and everyone knew they were did not have the ponies to contend. Toronto is facing similar. The problem is their best players are a notch below the elite guys and its tough to grind out 7 game series against teams that have the 2 best players on the floor.

I think the Knick optimism is just that with KP you have the unicorn player (potentially) and building around that is always easier than building around 3-4 really good players.

Sounds like a great situation for a superstar FA to go join. They have many more paths from their current position to championship contention than we do.

I kind of agree with you both, but how many big name FA go to Toronto, and the seem to lose their picks once they become FA, Bosh, Mcgrady, Carter......bargiani and calderon did nothing for them.

They were a (dolan nod) away from losing lowry

OK but the big name FAs don't go to the Knicks either. It only takes one though - KD or one other player could see Toronto as a great situation and go. I said they have more paths to contention than we do but the odds are still stacked against any one team from contending.
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/23/2016  11:04 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:Toronto is in great shape. They have good players, a good cap and extra picks. With decent management they should be a 2nd round playoff team for man years. The problem is they remind me a bit of the Hawks of the 90s. Steve Smith, Mookie, Willis, they had lot of good teams, always made the playoffs, often advanced, and everyone knew they were did not have the ponies to contend. Toronto is facing similar. The problem is their best players are a notch below the elite guys and its tough to grind out 7 game series against teams that have the 2 best players on the floor.

I think the Knick optimism is just that with KP you have the unicorn player (potentially) and building around that is always easier than building around 3-4 really good players.

Sounds like a great situation for a superstar FA to go join. They have many more paths from their current position to championship contention than we do.

I kind of agree with you both, but how many big name FA go to Toronto, and the seem to lose their picks once they become FA, Bosh, Mcgrady, Carter......bargiani and calderon did nothing for them.

OK but the big name FAs don't go to the Knicks either.

amare?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Bonn1997
USA
5/23/2016  11:05 PM
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

OK but the big name FAs don't go to the Knicks either.

amare?

Oh yeah, and Felton.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
5/23/2016  11:10 PM
Derozan really impressed me this series. Didn't think it was possible for a shooting guard in today's NBA to score back to back 32 point games efficiently without taking 3s.
mreinman

5/23/2016  11:11 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Derozan really impressed me this series. Didn't think it was possible for a shooting guard in today's NBA to score back to back 32 point games efficiently without taking 3s.

yes but its a bit feast or famine with him especially since he can't shoot 3's.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
5/23/2016  11:28 PM
mreinman wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Derozan really impressed me this series. Didn't think it was possible for a shooting guard in today's NBA to score back to back 32 point games efficiently without taking 3s.

I wouldn't want him on the Knicks or anything, even though he'd be our best player by far, just observing what he's been able to do against the Cavs the last 2 games is incredible.

Maybe he throws a goose egg in Cleveland, but either way when he's on, he seems unstoppable with that mid range game. Definitively helped his free agency stock with these 2 wins.

mreinman

5/23/2016  11:29 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I wouldn't want him on the Knicks or anything, even though he'd be our best player by far, just observing what he's been able to do against the Cavs the last 2 games is incredible.

Maybe he throws a goose egg in Cleveland, but either way when he's on, he seems unstoppable with that mid range game. Definitively helped his free agency stock with these 2 wins.

agree ... his stock took a tumble but what a diff two games can make

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
5/24/2016  1:02 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:

He's a Kobe cloan....Phil will jump all over him in free agency.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/24/2016  1:24 AM
blkexec wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:

He won't even have a chance to do that.

¿ △ ?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/24/2016  2:42 AM
blkexec wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I see a poor mans D. Wade

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/24/2016  6:15 AM
I'm impressed they had the grit to claw back and tie up the series after getting blown out the first 2 games.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/24/2016  6:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/24/2016  6:43 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:Wow. Maybe Toronto is actually good?

Always after a thread like this is made guys wake up and start playing. I bet DJSUNYC drove to Lowry house and personally showed him this thread.

Lowry awake is the spoon that stirs the drink. Great last two games. Biyombo is going to get a 400% raise

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

5/24/2016  7:24 AM
EnySpree wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Wow. Maybe Toronto is actually good?

Always after a thread like this is made guys wake up and start playing. I bet DJSUNYC drove to Lowry house and personally showed him this thread.

Lowry awake is the spoon that stirs the drink. Great last two games. Biyombo is going to get a 400% raise

It just goes to show how Nee York media/crazy fans really know about other teams players. They think their top tier players are over rated yet over hype and have crazy expectations for the lower tier players. If Derozan came here, which he is not, the fan base would be ripping his contract and over stating his deficiencies by the first team loss. Derozan and Lowery are solid players but more importantly, have shown they are big time players that perform best in pressure games. Something that separates the average NBA pro from the elite.

Funny how some on here claimed we were in better position than the Raptors. Ummm..nah.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/24/2016  7:50 AM
The guy never tires. I think he and durant are the only guys worth max this year
(5)(5)
Bonn1997
USA
5/24/2016  8:03 AM
mreinman wrote:

He's not really that good at 2s either (in the last 3 years, .447 overall and .405 in the playoffs).
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/24/2016  8:13 AM
blkexec wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I am hoping this is true.

(5)(5)
Bonn1997
USA
5/24/2016  8:18 AM
Chandler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I am hoping this is true.

People are salivating over him because of the last 2 games. Kobe never had a playoffs where he shot 16% from 3 and 41% from 2 point range.
mreinman

5/24/2016  8:44 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

He's not really that good at 2s either (in the last 3 years, .447 overall and .405 in the playoffs).

His efficiency comes from getting to the line and being a very good FT shooter.

mreinman

5/24/2016  8:44 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I see a poor mans D. Wade

no way in hell. Wade is all brains and super efficient.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/24/2016  8:50 AM
we have grit and we fight.

we survived two game 7's. i think those were huge in terms of our development. after blowing an 18 point lead and then actually giving up the lead in the 4th, we still came back to win. probably the best win in franchise history.

this is the same team that got swept last year in the first round.

ujiri did not panic - believed in it's core and added to it with 3 tough defensive minded guys - biz + dec + cojo.

i have criticized casey thoroughly for many year but he has this team 1 win away from being 1 win away. he was the defensive coordinator for the mavs when they beat miami in the finals so maybe he has a good idea on how to contain a lebron team?

still think the smart money is on the cavs winning the series but that's why you play the games.

eny is right - if lowry is hitting shots, we have a chance to beat any team. that was also dd's best game i've ever seen him play considering the stakes.

i think casey + staff anticipated cavs going to mosgov a bit to put a big body on biz. that's why we activated jonas in case that happened. if jonas can come back healthy - we have a legit shot at anyone. playoffs man - throw everything from the regular season out the window - it's just one possession at a time. anything can happen.

Toronto sucks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy