[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rodney White
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
8/1/2004  1:20 PM
If (and when, it seems) the Knicks don't get Jamal Crawford, I'd like to see them sign White for the rest of the MLE. Sign him to a nice 3 year deal so they get his Bird Right's and if he becomes the player he should be, they'll have him.

I'm planning on Houston being out, and I'm excited to see Frank Williams play more (he might be a better fit than Crawford for this team with his defense). Tim Thomas I'm excited about, it seems like he's still pissed off about how things went last year and I think he'll provide the 16-20 points he's capable of. If Houston goes down, Penny's playing 2 and they'll need a backup of the 2/3. White is much better than Shandon Anderson, who would probably fill that role.

He's expressed interest in the Knicks, which says a lot to me, I like players that want to be here. He played well last year in the few minutes he saw with Denver, and is an offensive guy that could catch fire very easily.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/rodney_white/game_by_game_stats.html

When he got a lot of minutes, he produced big time. He could definitely be a 6th man energy guy off the bench, and he could become the shooting guard the Knicks need if Houston's hurt. He has good size and is underrated. His defense is bad, he'll have to work on that. He's worth the risk.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
timmyTtop
Member: #680
8/1/2004  2:07 PM
hate to break it to you, but those are garbage minutes.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/1/2004  2:28 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

If (and when, it seems) the Knicks don't get Jamal Crawford, I'd like to see them sign White for the rest of the MLE. Sign him to a nice 3 year deal so they get his Bird Right's and if he becomes the player he should be, they'll have him.

I'm planning on Houston being out, and I'm excited to see Frank Williams play more (he might be a better fit than Crawford for this team with his defense). Tim Thomas I'm excited about, it seems like he's still pissed off about how things went last year and I think he'll provide the 16-20 points he's capable of. If Houston goes down, Penny's playing 2 and they'll need a backup of the 2/3. White is much better than Shandon Anderson, who would probably fill that role.

He's expressed interest in the Knicks, which says a lot to me, I like players that want to be here. He played well last year in the few minutes he saw with Denver, and is an offensive guy that could catch fire very easily.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/rodney_white/game_by_game_stats.html

When he got a lot of minutes, he produced big time. He could definitely be a 6th man energy guy off the bench, and he could become the shooting guard the Knicks need if Houston's hurt. He has good size and is underrated. His defense is bad, he'll have to work on that. He's worth the risk.

I agree about Rodney White, we've mentioned this a few times. If there's no Jamal, Rodney is someone who could play the two, three and maybe even the four. He's a Tim Thomas type who can shoot. There's no harm having him around. If we do get Jamal along with Eddie and Jerome, then I agree with those who've said not to do this move.

But if Jamal never happens, Rodney would be great.
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/1/2004  3:29 PM
I'd prefer Darius Miles, but Whit would be good also as a backup plan
BigSm00th
USA
8/1/2004  3:40 PM
Miles, in my opinion, isn't going to sign for less than what he made last year. I like him too, though.

" hate to break it to you, but those are garbage minutes."

Check out this article, http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/basketball/nba/02/01/beat.0203/

That explains how you can use Rodney White's very good 40-minute averages to predict that he'll probably play well given more time.

"• Rodney White, Nuggets
(23.2 pts/40 min, 6.9 reb/40 min)

If I was the Charlotte Bobcats, I would have this guy's agent on speed dial. The Nuggets seem prepared to trade White for peanuts -- they tried to give him away for Darius Miles last week -- in spite of the fact that he would be one of the league's top scorers if he didn't have Carmelo Anthony taking most of his minutes. After two unimpressive seasons, White has come into his own this year, and he's still only 23. The Nuggets foolishly failed to pick up his option before the season, so White will be an unrestricted free agent this summer, and the Bobcats should have plenty of cash to drop on him."
#Knickstaps
simrud
Member: #474
USA
8/1/2004  7:03 PM
I'm not sure those numbers would really translate. I mean 20+ pts a game is a lot to expect by default. I think White would be a great pickup for about the same money Baker is gettin, especially considering we need a backup 2 now that the Craw deal looks more and more dead.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
simrud
Member: #474
USA
8/1/2004  7:08 PM
WOW

He had Daniels figured out early. Hmm. I still dunno. It sounds too good to be true. I mean the Nugs have to know what they got. They see him in practice every day.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
BigSm00th
USA
8/1/2004  8:05 PM
Exactly that's why I'd at least take a chance on him since numbers don't lie.
#Knickstaps
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/2/2004  12:34 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Miles, in my opinion, isn't going to sign for less than what he made last year. I like him too, though.

" hate to break it to you, but those are garbage minutes."

Check out this article, http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/basketball/nba/02/01/beat.0203/

That explains how you can use Rodney White's very good 40-minute averages to predict that he'll probably play well given more time.

"• Rodney White, Nuggets
(23.2 pts/40 min, 6.9 reb/40 min)

If I was the Charlotte Bobcats, I would have this guy's agent on speed dial. The Nuggets seem prepared to trade White for peanuts -- they tried to give him away for Darius Miles last week -- in spite of the fact that he would be one of the league's top scorers if he didn't have Carmelo Anthony taking most of his minutes. After two unimpressive seasons, White has come into his own this year, and he's still only 23. The Nuggets foolishly failed to pick up his option before the season, so White will be an unrestricted free agent this summer, and the Bobcats should have plenty of cash to drop on him."

Wow, great article. Looking at that, I would say split the MLE on Gadzuric and Rodney.
¿ △ ?
raven
Member: #316
Canada
8/2/2004  3:01 AM
Weird cause nugget fans don't seem to like him so much.

He's known for taking bad shots and having mental lapses in offense and D as well.

Do we want some young players only for hte sake of getting young players ?

I'd rather aim at players like sweet and Frank, who show good attitude and premisces of being consistant one day.

(btw that's also why I'm not found of crawford.)
Rodney White

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy