[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Necessary upgrade at the PG
Author Thread
prowler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #135
USA
12/19/2001  10:32 AM
As we are trying to change styles are current personell may not be adequately skilled for the change especially our points. If we are going to try and run more we will need a PG that can run,finish, and get back in transition on defense. Also we need guards and forwards to do the same. Now with this in mind i could see some guys on our squad that can thrive in this system and some that flat out cant and never will. Amongst our big men there is only Camby and Othella that run and finish. Shandon and Spree and Lovar have the necassary tools as well but at the point we hurt bad. Mark has done remarkable to get back in shape but he has a hard time getting back on defense. Charlie is having a hard time finishing and finding the open man. Now Eisley i think can thrive because the systems he came from were like what we are trying to change to. Personally i have nothing against Allan and honestly i think he is a good player but an uptempo style of play doesnt suit his game particularly. If that is the direction we are heading in then we have to keep this in mind when making personell decisions.

Question? What happened to Shammond Williams in Seattle?
Is he still injured?
Has he lost his spot in the rotation to Earl Watson?

He is an uptempo guy that can finish and shoot half way maybe we could look at him.

What do u think?
knicker for life
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
12/19/2001  11:02 AM
Shammond? Ain't all that bad, I think he plays SG as well these days.

Oh if only Lavor would improve his handle, he could be the starting PG..

Who would trade their PG for ours anyway? We should definitely scout the entire upcoming draft and work them all out in the Garden. Upcoming picks should be highly investigated, no more fawkups allowed.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
12/19/2001  2:50 PM
Another Knicks blunder, they passed over both Earl Watson and Loren Woods, one of whom would've been on the team right now in Larry Robinson's spot, instead Chenowith and Wright are playing in the NBDL. Do the Knicks even work out their draft picks?
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/19/2001  9:24 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Another Knicks blunder, they passed over both Earl Watson and Loren Woods, one of whom would've been on the team right now in Larry Robinson's spot, instead Chenowith and Wright are playing in the NBDL. Do the Knicks even work out their draft picks?
They worked out a few, but i guess Layden's philosophy is, if the Knicks don't work them out, don't draft them. A very big mistake.
Necessary upgrade at the PG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy