[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Watched China VS serbia ON TV and I will tell you
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
8/1/2004  1:57 PM
"Milos plays like he was born over here. Dude has alot of ghetto in his handle...."

The ghettos of Eastern Europe and former satellite Soviet countries are, from what I've read, as bad as and in some cases worse than the ghettos over here.

Though it wouldn't seem like it many of these players come from similar backgrounds as the African-Americans who come from real bad environments (Iverson, Marbury, LeBron, being some of the notable ones).
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/1/2004  8:25 PM
I was impressed with Milos. There is no doubt that he would be in the core of any team in the nBA and has the talent size speed and skills at the PG to start for many teams. But the player I was most impressd with was Kristic. If he was in the last draft, he would've gone at pick 3.
RIP Crushalot😞
raven
Member: #316
Canada
8/2/2004  3:52 AM
MIlos is not a knick anymore. I don't see how his success or failure would make us better or worst from now.

What count now is where do we go with marb.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/2/2004  9:33 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Nalod:

Milos is 24. The dude can flat out play. I don't understand why knick fans are so afraid of him one day being successful.

Its like no matter what Marbury does, fans have to feel like we got over on the suns big time.

Marbury is a great player regardless of what milos does or does not.

Briggs at least steps up to the plate and offers an opinion. Its far easier shooting someone else down than sticking your neck out.

Some fans find it easy to point out when somebody is wrong, the question is: are you right when someone else is wrong?

With the nets, I listened to media just blow up on Ratner. The dude bought the team to headline a gazillion dollar real estate deal. You can put a team that goes to the finals two years in a row, and is the only team to give pistons a run in the playoffs, and no one gives a rats (pun intended) in Jersey. I would not over pay for Martin with a young promising (Krisic) coming over, and I would also trade Kidd at some point and load up on picks and open up cap space.

Im looking at it from a business side. It sucks for fans, but blow it up and rebuild it makes sense for a team thats screwed in Jersey and losing money. I would focus on 3-4 years on the team getting to brooklyn. Ratners going to sell the team for a fortune once its in the new building.
milos can play, but the guy will probably never play in the NBA, it is funny, there are some guys from his country( the former Yugoslavia) who are doing some tile work in my new house and these guys are from the same town as milos and they follow pro basketball religiously,to my suprise and we were talking about milos, they said that milos likes it over there because of the game not being as physical, they said that milos never liked the physical play and would have a harder time adapting as opposed to other players from that country, namely pedja and Jaric..... But most interstingly they said that milos really loves europe and the money he makes is enough for him to live in luxury, the athletes there are not so hung up in money as they are here, with a million dollar a year salary, milos is a king there, whey come to the US? I found that intersting...

Very consistant observation with what I have read. At his size, he will get thown around here. I would not expect him here at any point. But I would love to see it!
nadavshomron
Member: #623
Israel
8/2/2004  12:24 PM
some of the best point guards in europe are americans who use to play in the nba and didn't get a good contract(edney,goldwire,cotta and more)
and there are some europians who are better than milos- shrunas jasikevitius, bodiroga(6'9 PG) and even doron shefer(israely)who used to play in uconn and there are more players(dont remember names).
milos isn't a great player he is at best solid(and not a pure point guard) , we had that already with ward,childs,eisly.
thank god we have marbury we need some more talent around him and we will contend for a championship.
LJ FOR 4!!!!
Watched China VS serbia ON TV and I will tell you

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy