[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Watched China VS serbia ON TV and I will tell you
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/31/2004  8:33 PM
you will be shocked how good Milos Vujonic and Nenad Kristic are. That was the first tiem I got to see Milos play a whole game--and let me say the China team with Yao and Jialian are no slouch team--Milos was smooth--moved around on the court if I can compare -he is a cross between Steve Nash and Jason Williams--somewhere in the middle. I have no idea why this guy is not playing NBA basketball because he would start PG for 75% of league.

Kristic was just as impressive, although he was getting picky fouls in the 2nd half. Let me use the word Pau Gasol--thats right he confused Ming at both ends and has soft hands real length--he must be atleast 7 feet with very long arms and solid footwork. IMHO if Pega was on this team, they would have a great chance of beating USA--thats how good this team is but we still have the best big man and the best defense if we can sustain it.

i was always a proponent of trading milos--quite frankly from the snippets i saw i thought he was askinny over rated player. NOOOO If I look back and said was it a steal trading what happened to be Kirk Snyder[or couldve been either Smith] Lampe and Milos for Marbury that is no steal of a trade---that is unless Vujonic doesnt come here.

Nets fans will be in shock and are probably happy if they watched this game. they got a legit young skilled 7 footer who will impact the team. Im more inclined to say letting Martin go was a mistake because if they kept what they had--dumped Kittles to relieve the salary cap and picked up a cheap replacement or two Mercer and maybe White--they would still be way up there. Atleast conscilitary feelings must be had, the Nets got a steal of a player in that draft.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
7/31/2004  8:38 PM
So you made up your mind after watching one international game? Overeaction maybe? Dude you can't just watch one game and proclaim that the players you saw are gonna be awesome. And last time I checked China had no decent guards, so what Milos did against them is even more irrelevant.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/31/2004  8:50 PM
im telling you right now, you watch the replay tonight and tell me what you think. I mean I know how good Yao is and his team is also very good. Serbia has better fundamentals quickness and pure chemistry. Vujonic ran around the court--he owned the court--let me say that and Kristic -well watch it yourself. I know a good player when I see one and I saw a few on Serbia--and the guys who stood out are Kristic and Vujonic. I can name plenty of times that I saw a player only 1-2 and KNEW how good the player is. These guys are GOOD, VERY good and im not hyping it.
RIP Crushalot😞
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
7/31/2004  9:12 PM
Vujonic is undeniably a good talent, and I believe Nenad will turn into a very good player, but let's not forget, this is international basketball, which may not seem very different but in fact is. I believe Vujonic can come here and turn into a 12-14 ppg 5 apg player pretty well after a few years, but he's already like 25 isn't he? And he doesn't have the heart and desire to come to the NBA? If a player doesn't have that, I would never want him in the first place... just my opinion..
http://allknicks.com
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/31/2004  9:45 PM
Vujanic is about 30 in Briggs years.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
timmyTtop
Member: #680
7/31/2004  9:48 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/31/2004  11:45 PM
Milos is 24. The dude can flat out play. I don't understand why knick fans are so afraid of him one day being successful.

Its like no matter what Marbury does, fans have to feel like we got over on the suns big time.

Marbury is a great player regardless of what milos does or does not.

Briggs at least steps up to the plate and offers an opinion. Its far easier shooting someone else down than sticking your neck out.

Some fans find it easy to point out when somebody is wrong, the question is: are you right when someone else is wrong?

With the nets, I listened to media just blow up on Ratner. The dude bought the team to headline a gazillion dollar real estate deal. You can put a team that goes to the finals two years in a row, and is the only team to give pistons a run in the playoffs, and no one gives a rats (pun intended) in Jersey. I would not over pay for Martin with a young promising (Krisic) coming over, and I would also trade Kidd at some point and load up on picks and open up cap space.

Im looking at it from a business side. It sucks for fans, but blow it up and rebuild it makes sense for a team thats screwed in Jersey and losing money. I would focus on 3-4 years on the team getting to brooklyn. Ratners going to sell the team for a fortune once its in the new building.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
8/1/2004  12:34 AM
Posted by fishmike:

It depends on which day you ask Briggs and what age best suits his argument.
KNICKSdom
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #545
USA
8/1/2004  12:45 AM
Milos Vujanic? The dude that is afraid of coming to the NBA? I will believe it when he comes here and blow me away. Nenad, well we will see but I doubt he is a Divac or better than him.
Knicks are happening and have a Unicorn.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
8/1/2004  12:46 AM
Posted by fishmike:

hahah, but that would only be if he were still a knick...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Member: #87
8/1/2004  12:50 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Milos is 24. The dude can flat out play. I don't understand why knick fans are so afraid of him one day being successful.

Its like no matter what Marbury does, fans have to feel like we got over on the suns big time.

Marbury is a great player regardless of what milos does or does not.

Briggs at least steps up to the plate and offers an opinion. Its far easier shooting someone else down than sticking your neck out.

Some fans find it easy to point out when somebody is wrong, the question is: are you right when someone else is wrong?

With the nets, I listened to media just blow up on Ratner. The dude bought the team to headline a gazillion dollar real estate deal. You can put a team that goes to the finals two years in a row, and is the only team to give pistons a run in the playoffs, and no one gives a rats (pun intended) in Jersey. I would not over pay for Martin with a young promising (Krisic) coming over, and I would also trade Kidd at some point and load up on picks and open up cap space.

Im looking at it from a business side. It sucks for fans, but blow it up and rebuild it makes sense for a team thats screwed in Jersey and losing money. I would focus on 3-4 years on the team getting to brooklyn. Ratners going to sell the team for a fortune once its in the new building.
milos can play, but the guy will probably never play in the NBA, it is funny, there are some guys from his country( the former Yugoslavia) who are doing some tile work in my new house and these guys are from the same town as milos and they follow pro basketball religiously,to my suprise and we were talking about milos, they said that milos likes it over there because of the game not being as physical, they said that milos never liked the physical play and would have a harder time adapting as opposed to other players from that country, namely pedja and Jaric..... But most interstingly they said that milos really loves europe and the money he makes is enough for him to live in luxury, the athletes there are not so hung up in money as they are here, with a million dollar a year salary, milos is a king there, whey come to the US? I found that intersting...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
8/1/2004  12:59 AM
China does not have a good basketball team. You donnot make judgements about players watching them. Hell if we played their national team with our second squad Hoochie Norris and Shandon Anderson might look like all stars.
Bonn1997
USA
8/1/2004  2:13 AM
If Milos Vaginic ever becomes an NBA all-star I'll give Briggs and Layden a ton of credit. Otherwise I'll just laugh at milos
Rich
Member: #511
USA
8/1/2004  2:28 AM
The point is IF. When is he coming to the NBA?
Bonn1997
USA
8/1/2004  2:39 AM
Some time within the next 30 years
nadavshomron
Member: #623
Israel
8/1/2004  6:05 AM
hi guys
i live in israel and I saw milos play in europe 5-7 games and he wasn't that impresive.
he is quick but he not a pure PG(low ast numbers) ...he shoots prety good and has range(3's) but he is only 6'3(no shooting guard).
he can play in the nba but not as a star player i think he can be a good sub PG in the nba.
my take is thanks to IT for marbury this guy(milos)will not get you a championship.
and by the way he no way the best point guard in europe he is far from it...there are at least five point guard in europe who are better than milos.
LJ FOR 4!!!!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/1/2004  10:47 AM
what are you guys talking about. milos is the greatest point guard we'll never see play. i can't wait till he's ready to take over the 30 and over nba league.
Bonn1997
USA
8/1/2004  11:09 AM
Posted by nadavshomron:

hi guys
i live in israel and I saw milos play in europe 5-7 games and he wasn't that impresive.
he is quick but he not a pure PG(low ast numbers) ...he shoots prety good and has range(3's) but he is only 6'3(no shooting guard).
he can play in the nba but not as a star player i think he can be a good sub PG in the nba.
my take is thanks to IT for marbury this guy(milos)will not get you a championship.
and by the way he no way the best point guard in europe he is far from it...there are at least five point guard in europe who are better than milos.
Who are the five? (I'm asking because I don't watch European players often.) Does an NBA team have the rights to all of them like the Suns have to Vaginic?
Bonn1997
USA
8/1/2004  11:15 AM
I don't understand why knick fans are so afraid of him one day being successful.
Huh? you lost me on that one. I hope Vaginic some day DOES have the courage to play in the NBA. It would be fun to see what he can actually do against top competition. Until he comes here, though, I'll just laugh at him. (And it has nothing to do with Marbury. Even if Vaginic suddenly does have the courage to come here and even if he plays well, I'll still love having Marbury on the Knicks.)
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/1/2004  1:38 PM
I've only seen Milos play a few minutes in games from last years international play. Milos is a whole lot better that Marko Jaric....and Jaric is supposed to be their star player.

Milos plays like he was born over here. Dude has alot of ghetto in his handle....

You can't knock a guy for not wanting to come to th eNBA. He is making more than a decent living in Europe.....The guy was born over there.....If I were to be offered a great job in Europe but for alot less money, especially to the NBA where everyone expects you to play till you breakdown.....I don't think I would do it.

Europe is his home and he's doing well over there. You can't knock him.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Watched China VS serbia ON TV and I will tell you

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy