Member: #671
USA
5/1/2016  10:51 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I found Melo's reaction to Phil's quote funny.

Awesome. Thanks for posting this.
Phil: We want you here. Melo: What can I go off but another man's word? That was a good interview.

Uh, the interview quoted Phil saying the Knicks were better without Melo even tho they couldn't win and Melo said he told him to his face he wanted him here and if he looked in him in the eye and lied "that's another story".

So you have Phil saying he doesn't want Melo here and Melo calling Phil a liar.

Not sure how you get things being hunky dory from that interview.

#1 The interviewer quoted only part of what Phil said. The context wasn't Phil claiming that the Knicks were a better team without Melo. Phil was defending the roster he built due to a question a reporter asked him about how important is it to land another star since they couldn't win without Melo.

#2 Phil knows the Knicks aren't a better team without Melo and told this to Melo.
#3 Melo stated that Phil told him how important he was so that's all he could go by. Then stated "now IF he lied then that's another story".
#4 Melo stated that he didn't know how to take it and didn't want to insinuate anything. Which is smart, leave the insinuating to agenda driven fans and media. And if he wants to he could find the Phil press conference and see that the context of Phil's quote would have a different tone then the way the interviewer stated.

Phil is playing mind games. He's well known for this. I saw Phil's full press conference where he made that quote. He's trying to force Melo out.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/1/2016  10:56 PM
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Phil: We want you here. Melo: What can I go off but another man's word? That was a good interview.

Uh, the interview quoted Phil saying the Knicks were better without Melo even tho they couldn't win and Melo said he told him to his face he wanted him here and if he looked in him in the eye and lied "that's another story".

#1 The interviewer quoted only part of what Phil said. The context wasn't Phil claiming that the Knicks were a better team without Melo. Phil was defending the roster he built due to a question a reporter asked him about how important is it to land another star since they couldn't win without Melo.

#2 Phil knows the Knicks aren't a better team without Melo and told this to Melo.
#3 Melo stated that Phil told him how important he was so that's all he could go by. Then stated "now IF he lied then that's another story".
#4 Melo stated that he didn't know how to take it and didn't want to insinuate anything. Which is smart, leave the insinuating to agenda driven fans and media. And if he wants to he could find the Phil press conference and see that the context of Phil's quote would have a different tone then the way the interviewer stated.

Phil is playing mind games. He's well known for this. I saw Phil's full press conference where he made that quote. He's trying to force Melo out.

It definitely was a weird thing to say. Also, Phil says things like free agents want to play with KP but doesn't mention Melo. He compliments Jose and Lance as well. Not sure what is up but it appears that he is more likely to compliment guys that he gets credit for bringing in.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/1/2016  10:59 PM
Things look neutral to me. Im not finding anything in the interviews that make me think Melo is upset.

The "We played great without Melo" could have lots of meanings. Melo said that. WE don't know what they talk about, so to reconstruct as some of you try to do is near pointless.

For all we know, Phil might have said to Melo he won't let players dictate how the team is run. Melo might want to be in on the coach decision as he has said, but he never said "Or else"!

crzymdups
USA
5/1/2016  11:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/1/2016  11:10 PM
Nalod wrote:Things look neutral to me. Im not finding anything in the interviews that make me think Melo is upset.

The "We played great without Melo" could have lots of meanings. Melo said that. WE don't know what they talk about, so to reconstruct as some of you try to do is near pointless.

For all we know, Phil might have said to Melo he won't let players dictate how the team is run. Melo might want to be in on the coach decision as he has said, but he never said "Or else"!

Phil said it. The full interview footage is on Knicks.com

¿ △ ?
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/1/2016  11:08 PM
Nalod wrote:Things look neutral to me. Im not finding anything in the interviews that make me think Melo is upset.

hahahhahahaha lol!!

You are becoming worse than Nix!

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

so here is what phil is thinking ....
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/1/2016  11:14 PM
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Phil telling Melo(according to Melo) how important he is or something to that nature buries your interpretation his quote. All last off season all that was claimed was how Melo demanded to win now, wanted vets, hated KP, didn't show up to summer league because he didn't support the new young players. Nothing tangible come out of any of it. New off season same agenda driven stuff. Same type of insinuations, mind reading, quote spinning.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
5/1/2016  11:17 PM
crzymdups wrote:

He also stated "now the ways a player like Melo could help we didn't have true".

crzymdups
USA
5/1/2016  11:21 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Phil telling Melo(according to Melo) how important he is or something to that nature buries your interpretation his quote. All last off season all that was claimed was how Melo demanded to win now, wanted vets, hated KP, didn't show up to summer league because he didn't support the new young players. Nothing tangible come out of any of it. New off season same agenda driven stuff. Same type of insinuations, mind reading, quote spinning.

I defended Melo last off season and I'll defend him now.

Melo wants to win in NY. That's why he signed here.

Phil doesn't seem to want to win with Melo in NY.

I don't know how you can look at that interview and come away thinking anything other than Melo has no idea what Phil is thinking. He is saying that Phil quote is at odds with what Phil told him and wondering out loud if Phil lied to his face.

Phil is playing mind games with Melo. Whether it's to get him to move the ball more or to ask for a trade we shallll seeee

¿ △ ?
mreinman
Member: #3189

5/1/2016  11:24 PM
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I don't know how you can look at that interview and come away thinking anything other than Melo has no idea what Phil is thinking. He is saying that Phil quote is at odds with what Phil told him and wondering out loud if Phil lied to his face.

Phil is playing mind games with Melo. Whether it's to get him to move the ball more or to ask for a trade we shallll seeee

its all part of that zen sh1t that idiots like us will never be smart enough to see or get.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/2/2016  3:32 AM
crzymdups wrote:

He's actually said it on two separate occasions, so he's definitely up to something. Who knows what- remember at the start of the season he said he hoped KP may be like Shawn Bradley. That's what Phil does.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/2/2016  6:57 AM
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

He's actually said it on two separate occasions, so he's definitely up to something. Who knows what- remember at the start of the season he said he hoped KP may be like Shawn Bradley. That's what Phil does.

No, he said he feared he play too tall, like Shawn Bradley. he was concerned defensively leg strength and height on a slight built player would make him play "tall", or his center of gravity would be pushed around in the post, and not have the foot speed defensively. He still drafted him.

newyorknewyork
5/2/2016  8:11 AM
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Things fall into place more and make more sense if you put the pieces together that Phil told Melo how he felt and how he was apart of the plans or an important piece. And this quote isn't taken into the context that you are insinuating. Only when the quote is viewed as Phil playing mind games does it become all over the place.

Press conference question: "Obviously Phil we did write last summer that the Knicks didn't get an A list free agent". "Derek got here, and kind of defiant". "That's not exactly what were were looking for, we wanted players that came here and fit"(Believe reporter was quoting Fisher). "When Carmelo didn't play you guys didn't win". "Seems like you need another superstar type player".

Why do you think the reporter would ask this question? And what type of response do you believe he was looking for?

Phil: "Some of our best games were when Carmelo didn't play and we didn't win, but we had great games." "Oklahoma, I could name maybe 4 games that we probably should have won." And just the short of the thing were Carmelo could help you we didn't have." But we played better as a basketball club in some strange ways." "Lance in the position, ball movement, whatever".

Based on the question asked. Which the reporter practically threw in his face that he failed since they didn't win a game without there star. You believe that Phil took this opportunity play mind games with Carmelo with the deep intentions to force him out? Cuz makes a lot more sense that he was defending the position of not acquiring A list players and grabbing "players that came here and fit".

You know replying to the actual question. And defending his stance based of the question asked.

matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
5/2/2016  9:06 AM
Melo is the only one logical about this whole coaching search. Actually, calling it a "search" implies that Phil is actually looking for other candidates besides Rambis and a token look at Steve Mill's friend.
What is Melo getting at with his constant jabs at Phil

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy