[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Phil Jax does make good decisions.......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/29/2016  1:32 PM
The assumption that anyone else would have done better than phil is an unknown commodity that makes for an illogical argument at any level except for one that is emotional.

Would we prefer that Dolan hired H20 instead, and he kept meddling? No tank, no KP. 2018 pick gone and Kyle lowrey and Melo are running the team. Nice tandem, but No KP. We would have won a few more games and pehaps not been top 4. If we do, then it was a bad trade.

The Tyson trade!!! Rolo is better than Tyson, and Calderone is better than Felton. Ray has the talent but not the body anymore to sustain that level of play he showed in the playoffs. He was taken 5th in the year he was drafted for a reason. On tope of that we got Early. I like Ray, just not starter material. Jose isn't, but once he
For many "We could have done better"!!! Subjective. Maybe, maybe not. Jose is the leader and has been our best guard. Problem is we don't have better to replace them.

"and what about that!! Why did he go top heavy with front line? Is he too old and stupid to not have realized our back court was lacking?". Again, subjective. He could trade the 2018 pick for Teague, who will be 30 by then. I don't like trading picks, we have been burned before. Our tandem of Grant, a mature draft pick and Langston did not progress according to plan.

He hired Fisher!!! On paper it was really a pretty good idea. Take the guy who has been a leader on every team, even championship teams, a guy well respected in the league and let him grow into the job. LIke Pop did after winning 23 games his first season. Or like brad Stevens in Boston who was awful his first year! There are more.
Oh, by the way, Phil hired Steve Kerr first. He was not "Lowballed" as some have said. He in fact agreed in principal but then GSW came and with phils blessing made the decision to go there for all the reasons we have discussed before. Mainly, there were family considerations. GSW I believe matched the knicks offer.

Getting rid of bargnani, JR and Shump were good ideas. It was a good idea to give them a chance to perform, but they did not. They did not execute

Rambis. Not sure why Phil has not just lifted the Interim label, but then we only get what we know from the tainted media who likes to paint him badly now as it sells more. From What I read on Thibs, I don't see him as a good fit logically with Knicks based on his divisive behavior in Chicago and not being a Triangle guy. Fans want that winning cred and I get that, but really that is not tangible to the task. This is subjective because we just don't know, but emotionally I can see how fans want this guy. Media insinuates since fans want this, and Thibs wants to coach here, this is a good idea. Its subjective, Thibs has succeeded, but why is it a good idea? If IM PHil, its not. Why? I can't speak for him but he wants a guy he knicks, realates to, and he trusts. Thibs is not that guy. Not to say he can't be, but he is not that guy.

In fact, we just don't know what phils decision will actually be. So to open letter Dolan to intercede (Take a moment to take that in)is an emotional cry for help.
We are all sick and tired of the losing, but being impatient and make decisions based on Emotions rarely if ever make for the proper process to make decisions.

Appealing to Dolan is comical.

AUTOADVERT
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
4/29/2016  2:37 PM
Probably the lone highlight of Jackson's regime so far is hiring Clarence Gaines Jr in the summer of 2014.
Nalod
USA
4/29/2016  2:54 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Probably the lone highlight of Jackson's regime so far is hiring Clarence Gaines Jr in the summer of 2014.

Is that "nepotism"? Or part of the process of decision making. Bring in people you know, trust and admire?
He hired Kerr.
He did not panic and starphuck. Instead he tore it down making us endure a 17 win season. We had a top 4 pick and no other way to get a cornerstone player than to go that route.
He resigned Melo, who is either a 22p scorer or trade chip asset.
He Trade Tyson. Sorry, the guy was toast. So was Felton. If you think he could have done better prove it. If you hoped he could have done better he might even agree with "hope".

Nothing any GM does is always perfect. This roster was crap and we didn't even have our pick. Who else should run this place and why would he have done better??

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/29/2016  2:55 PM
Nalod wrote:The assumption that anyone else would have done better than phil is an unknown commodity that makes for an illogical argument at any level except for one that is emotional.

Would we prefer that Dolan hired H20 instead, and he kept meddling? No tank, no KP. 2018 pick gone and Kyle lowrey and Melo are running the team. Nice tandem, but No KP. We would have won a few more games and pehaps not been top 4. If we do, then it was a bad trade.

The Tyson trade!!! Rolo is better than Tyson, and Calderone is better than Felton. Ray has the talent but not the body anymore to sustain that level of play he showed in the playoffs. He was taken 5th in the year he was drafted for a reason. On tope of that we got Early. I like Ray, just not starter material. Jose isn't, but once he
For many "We could have done better"!!! Subjective. Maybe, maybe not. Jose is the leader and has been our best guard. Problem is we don't have better to replace them.

"and what about that!! Why did he go top heavy with front line? Is he too old and stupid to not have realized our back court was lacking?". Again, subjective. He could trade the 2018 pick for Teague, who will be 30 by then. I don't like trading picks, we have been burned before. Our tandem of Grant, a mature draft pick and Langston did not progress according to plan.

He hired Fisher!!! On paper it was really a pretty good idea. Take the guy who has been a leader on every team, even championship teams, a guy well respected in the league and let him grow into the job. LIke Pop did after winning 23 games his first season. Or like brad Stevens in Boston who was awful his first year! There are more.
Oh, by the way, Phil hired Steve Kerr first. He was not "Lowballed" as some have said. He in fact agreed in principal but then GSW came and with phils blessing made the decision to go there for all the reasons we have discussed before. Mainly, there were family considerations. GSW I believe matched the knicks offer.

Getting rid of bargnani, JR and Shump were good ideas. It was a good idea to give them a chance to perform, but they did not. They did not execute

Rambis. Not sure why Phil has not just lifted the Interim label, but then we only get what we know from the tainted media who likes to paint him badly now as it sells more. From What I read on Thibs, I don't see him as a good fit logically with Knicks based on his divisive behavior in Chicago and not being a Triangle guy. Fans want that winning cred and I get that, but really that is not tangible to the task. This is subjective because we just don't know, but emotionally I can see how fans want this guy. Media insinuates since fans want this, and Thibs wants to coach here, this is a good idea. Its subjective, Thibs has succeeded, but why is it a good idea? If IM PHil, its not. Why? I can't speak for him but he wants a guy he knicks, realates to, and he trusts. Thibs is not that guy. Not to say he can't be, but he is not that guy.

In fact, we just don't know what phils decision will actually be. So to open letter Dolan to intercede (Take a moment to take that in)is an emotional cry for help.
We are all sick and tired of the losing, but being impatient and make decisions based on Emotions rarely if ever make for the proper process to make decisions.

at phils pace will be good when our grand kids have grand kids

ES
ChuckBuck
USA
4/29/2016  2:56 PM
Nalod wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Probably the lone highlight of Jackson's regime so far is hiring Clarence Gaines Jr in the summer of 2014.

Is that "nepotism"? Or part of the process of decision making. Bring in people you know, trust and admire?
He hired Kerr.
He did not panic and starphuck. Instead he tore it down making us endure a 17 win season. We had a top 4 pick and no other way to get a cornerstone player than to go that route.
He Trade Tyson. Sorry, the guy was toast. So was Felton. If you think he could have done better prove it. If you hoped he could have done better he might even agree with "hope".

Nothing any GM does is always perfect. This roster was crap and we didn't even have our pick. Who else should run this place and why would he have done better??

I'm complimenting on his only good move as an exec, what's your gripe? Without Gaines whispering sweet nothings into Phil's ear on draft night, we don't have our Latvian messiah. He shyt showed everything else pretty much though.

Hiring Rambis will be the death of many a Knick fans loyalty.

Nalod
USA
4/29/2016  2:58 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Nalod wrote:

He hired Kerr.

I'm complimenting on his only good move as an exec, what's your gripe? Without Gaines whispering sweet nothings into Phil's ear on draft night, we don't have our Latvian messiah. He shyt showed everything else pretty much though.

I hope that's a promise you'll keep!!!

Nalod
USA
4/29/2016  3:01 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:The assumption that anyone else would have done better than phil is an unknown commodity that makes for an illogical argument at any level except for one that is emotional.

That might be true. There is no path to contending that I can see and its easy for fans to see that as infinite.
But the path to righteousness after deviating for so many years is what it is.

ChuckBuck
USA
4/29/2016  3:02 PM
Nalod wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Nalod wrote:

He hired Kerr.

I hope that's a promise you'll keep!!!

LOL, it may be the death of StarMooby's loyalty too!

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/29/2016  3:16 PM
It's only been 2 years!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

4/29/2016  3:16 PM

Good post. Saves me the drama writing it

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/29/2016  3:39 PM
^^^Excellent post.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/29/2016  3:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

I made another post a while back about teams that tanked to get the best pick they could and how long it took them to even get to .500 and it definitely takes a while.

You can look up these teams yourself. Wall in WAS, Curry in GSW, Anthony Davis in NO, Durant in Seattle/OKC, Philly is now on their 5th year of under .500, Minny has had 2 #1 picks and a slew of others and still a 29 win team.

When you build up, depending on your current roster, it takes about 4 years to get above .500.

I expect Knicks to be .500 next year and don't think it's unreasonable.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/29/2016  4:08 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I made another post a while back about teams that tanked to get the best pick they could and how long it took them to even get to .500 and it definitely takes a while.

You can look up these teams yourself. Wall in WAS, Curry in GSW, Anthony Davis in NO, Durant in Seattle/OKC, Philly is now on their 5th year of under .500, Minny has had 2 #1 picks and a slew of others and still a 29 win team.

When you build up, depending on your current roster, it takes about 4 years to get above .500.

You could add the Cavs to that list if LBJ didn't bolt Miami. They were 4 years in and had gotten two #1 overall picks, would have had another #1 overall pick and most likely would be on year 6 of their rebuild post LBJ.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree

4/29/2016  4:17 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Thank you martin.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/29/2016  4:30 PM
WHy do people keep putting the Tyson trade and Lopez together? Tyson would have cam off the books the summer Lopez was an FA. This lumping together to say he made the right decisions does not make sense.

Also, Calderon and Felton are a wash they are both two really net-negative players except Calderon cost more money and is on a longer deal.

Anyway, I could go on and on but it doesn't matter. Yes, Phil makes good decisions but is he making the best decisions for the Franchise? Also, people pointing out that he has also made poor decisions doesn't make the dumb or less of a fan for not blindly believing in Phil based off of his coaching record. He is being judge by what he does as an executive.

Nalod
USA
4/29/2016  4:39 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:WHy do people keep putting the Tyson trade and Lopez together? Tyson would have cam off the books the summer Lopez was an FA. This lumping together to say he made the right decisions does not make sense.

Also, Calderon and Felton are a wash they are both two really net-negative players except Calderon cost more money and is on a longer deal.

Anyway, I could go on and on but it doesn't matter. Yes, Phil makes good decisions but is he making the best decisions for the Franchise? Also, people pointing out that he has also made poor decisions doesn't make the dumb or less of a fan for not blindly believing in Phil based off of his coaching record. He is being judge by what he does as an executive.

Rolo replaced Tyson Chandler.
Calderon plays to his contract. 7mm is not starter money.
PHil was hired because of his coaching record over 20 years which demonstrated high IQ, and a philosophy.
The push back is not slamming phil and extrapolating it all into the future. Phil hired Kerr, it fell thru. Fish was a good decision based on all the facts at that time. Might say the Same for Brad stevens, Jason Kidd as well. ONe grew into the job, and one did not.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/29/2016  5:06 PM
Nalod wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:WHy do people keep putting the Tyson trade and Lopez together? Tyson would have cam off the books the summer Lopez was an FA. This lumping together to say he made the right decisions does not make sense.

Rolo replaced Tyson Chandler.
Calderon plays to his contract. 7mm is not starter money.
PHil was hired because of his coaching record over 20 years which demonstrated high IQ, and a philosophy.
The push back is not slamming phil and extrapolating it all into the future. Phil hired Kerr, it fell thru. Fish was a good decision based on all the facts at that time. Might say the Same for Brad stevens, Jason Kidd as well. ONe grew into the job, and one did not.

Rolo could have replaced Tyson regardless of trade.

Calderon does not play up to his contract at all. It is doubtful that he will make a good back up because his one trait is rarely exercises(shooting)

Phil may have been hired for all those things but he is judged by what he does as an executive

Fish had zero coaching experience and was a curious move to grab someone who just finished playing

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/29/2016  6:39 PM
Knicks looked like they were ahead of schedule before the MELO Trip, LT injury and KP hittin the wall etc. It's not unrealistic to see this team make a jump if Phil can make some key additions and we get internal growth.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

4/29/2016  7:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2016  7:08 PM
Nalod wrote:

He hired Kerr.

Stop with the BS excuses. Grant it, Phil has two more years to go before true judgement but he has not had a stellar begining. And he has to be held accountable and should be open to criticism just like any other poor sap in the NY arena. And just like any other team player, exec, or coach, you all you need to do is win! And until you do stick the excuses up you know where.

Two wasted seasons.
Not getting most value out of trades.
Useless vet min guys taking up roster spots with no future.
Bad communication with head coach.
Arrogant reputation with FAs.
Unpresidential PR comments.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/29/2016  7:14 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:

He hired Kerr.

Stop with the BS excuses. Grant it, Phil has two more years to go before true judgement but he has not had a stellar begining. And he has to be held accountable and should be open to criticism just like any other poor sap in the NY arena. And just like any other team player, exec, or coach, you all you need to do is win! And until you do stick the excuses up you know where.

Two wasted seasons.
Not getting most value out of trades.
Useless vet min guys taking up roster spots with no future.
Bad communication with head coach.
Arrogant reputation with FAs.
Unpresidential PR comments.

His 1st season is irrelevant unless you want to erase KP! So he rebuilt the roster and the Frontcourt was a success but the backcourt needs to be addressed. That isn't failure! It's called PROGRESS!

Phil Jax does make good decisions.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy