[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Perspective
Author Thread
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
4/29/2016  11:44 AM
So I used to follow the Knicks much closer back in the day - I'm one of the old time posters - used to be one anyways. Last few years just stopped caring as much.

I'm getting a bit back into it pretty surprised at how pessimistic people are around here.

From where I'm looking we went from capped out till the end of of time and having not 1, not 2, but 3 under sized fat PFs rotating in the front court (Weathespoon, Harrington, Malik Rose) to a having a possible franchise 7 3 player and a fantastic cap situation, including long term.

I'm just using the above rotation example as anecdotal, but I'm sure I could do the same for just about every position on the team.

I mean cmon we went from maxing out 1 dimensional broken down Allan Houston to maxing out a legit top 10 player in Melo and the list goes on.

A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

4/29/2016  11:53 AM
It's really looking good for the Knicks 2017 and beyond.

Money for 2 max players. Free agency could see the Knicks add talent to Porzingis, Melo, Lopez, Grant and our 2017 first round pick. Lance Thomas if he can be re-signed for cheap could be a part of that as well.

A big part of me wants to trade Melo for some young players so it fits the 2017 plan forward. I'm torn on it. However even if he stays, it's an all-star along with Porzingis who helps Knicks look better in the immediate term to free agents.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
4/29/2016  11:55 AM
simrud wrote:So I used to follow the Knicks much closer back in the day - I'm one of the old time posters - used to be one anyways. Last few years just stopped caring as much.

I'm getting a bit back into it pretty surprised at how pessimistic people are around here.

From where I'm looking we went from capped out till the end of of time and having not 1, not 2, but 3 under sized fat PFs rotating in the front court (Weathespoon, Harrington, Malik Rose) to a having a possible franchise 7 3 player and a fantastic cap situation, including long term.

I'm just using the above rotation example as anecdotal, but I'm sure I could do the same for just about every position on the team.

I mean cmon we went from maxing out 1 dimensional broken down Allan Houston to maxing out a legit top 10 player in Melo and the list goes on.

It's funny you mention Allan Houston and Melo in the same sentence, because it follows the Knicks trend of maxing out past their prime players in their 30s on sharp declines (Amare being the other max player).

The reason for the negativity is we have one 7'3 unicorn and not much else. Our near future is pretty bleak, as we have no draft pick, no coach (Rambis is the front runner somehow), and identical cap space to half the teams in the NBA.

Until we can pair KP with another blue chip prospect (hopefully a lottery pick in the 2017 draft) that coincides with his prime, a fundamentally sound flexible sharp coach that's not reliant on an archaic system, and a true franchise free agent like a Russell Westbrook that can ignite this city....we'll be bottom feeding for awhile.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/29/2016  11:59 AM
I'm a big fan of "Perspective". Things are getting better from our D League up to the Front Office. There are still holes to fill but also some nice things in place. We have to allow things to naturally develop.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/29/2016  12:05 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
simrud wrote:So I used to follow the Knicks much closer back in the day - I'm one of the old time posters - used to be one anyways. Last few years just stopped caring as much.

It's funny you mention Allan Houston and Melo in the same sentence, because it follows the Knicks trend of maxing out past their prime players in their 30s on sharp declines (Amare being the other max player).

The reason for the negativity is we have one 7'3 unicorn and not much else. Our near future is pretty bleak, as we have no draft pick, no coach (Rambis is the front runner somehow), and identical cap space to half the teams in the NBA.

Until we can pair KP with another blue chip prospect (hopefully a lottery pick in the 2017 draft) that coincides with his prime, a fundamentally sound flexible sharp coach that's not reliant on an archaic system, and a true franchise free agent like a Russell Westbrook that can ignite this city....we'll be bottom feeding for awhile.

You seem to be overlooking Jerian and Willy. Jerian is just finishing his rookie season and at least flashed his potential. Willy looked good for Real Madrid and we'll see what he can bring. RoLo was very good and MELO, KP and RoLo are looking like a top Frontcourt going forward.

The coach issue will be resolved and it's not the huge issue some are making it out to be. This team has a chance to add a couple of players this summer. The big need is at guard. That shows the progress cuz we had more holes last year. I doubt this team will be bottom feeders going forward.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/29/2016  12:37 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:

your future is bleak because your head is in Melo's toilet. Take it out, smell some fresh air and things will change. Or keep in Melo's toilet. Your choice.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/29/2016  12:54 PM
For me, I'm happy because of KP and the fact we have our picks going forward. The hardest thing the past decade by far has been enduring losing seasons with no pick at the end of it - it's been horrific! From now on even if the season is a disaster, there will at least be light at the end of the tunnel.
ChuckBuck
USA
4/29/2016  2:16 PM
fishmike wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

your future is bleak because your head is in Melo's toilet. Take it out, smell some fresh air and things will change. Or keep in Melo's toilet. Your choice.

I'm not even factoring Melo in the equation, friendo. Stop obsessing over him already, his career arc is done.

It's all about building around KP, and finding a suitable running mate in the 2017 draft.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/29/2016  4:24 PM
Welcome back Sim!
Same deal as always, some in need of Xanex and some of us really enjoy our existing prescriptions!
Lovers and Haters!!! Not much change. "Theres a thin line between love and hate"......
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/30/2016  7:07 PM
Damn that's a blast from the past, Simrud.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/2/2016  10:35 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
fishmike wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

I'm not even factoring Melo in the equation, friendo. Stop obsessing over him already, his career arc is done.

It's all about building around KP, and finding a suitable running mate in the 2017 draft.

It's funny you're saying you're not factoring him in, since you mention him in the first sentence of your post, and you leave him out of your miserable little hater life plan. After his best all-around season. He leads the team in 3 major categories, but his career arc is done. But you're not factoring him in. Check. Keep ignoring that NTC. I truly hope that works out for you somehow.

The reasons for your negativity are essentially one: Melo. Which is why you can overlook Phil's tear down of the entire team, include the words "7'3 unicorn" and "bleak future" in the same thought, ignore the fact Phil hasn't starphucqued at the cost of any draft picks at all, and completely ignore Rolo and the value of anyone else on the team.

While pining away about one lost draft pick and obsessing over not being in great franchise situations like Philly, Orlando or Utah.

ChuckBuck
USA
5/2/2016  2:43 PM
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
fishmike wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

It's funny you're saying you're not factoring him in, since you mention him in the first sentence of your post, and you leave him out of your miserable little hater life plan. After his best all-around season. He leads the team in 3 major categories, but his career arc is done. But you're not factoring him in. Check. Keep ignoring that NTC. I truly hope that works out for you somehow.

The reasons for your negativity are essentially one: Melo. Which is why you can overlook Phil's tear down of the entire team, include the words "7'3 unicorn" and "bleak future" in the same thought, ignore the fact Phil hasn't starphucqued at the cost of any draft picks at all, and completely ignore Rolo and the value of anyone else on the team.

While pining away about one lost draft pick and obsessing over not being in great franchise situations like Philly, Orlando or Utah.

That was Melo's best overall season? Leading the Knicks with 4 assists a game is considered ground breaking? That just points to our terrible point guards.

Come on man, overall this was one of Melo's worst seasons. He shared the ball a little, but he still sucks defensively and efficiency wise had one of his worst scoring seasons.

Be realistic man.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/3/2016  12:05 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
fishmike wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

That was Melo's best overall season? Leading the Knicks with 4 assists a game is considered ground breaking? That just points to our terrible point guards.

Come on man, overall this was one of Melo's worst seasons. He shared the ball a little, but he still sucks defensively and efficiency wise had one of his worst scoring seasons.

Be realistic man.

SMALL FORWARDS
PLAYER LAST
WEEK CHANGE GP RATINGMPG PPG RPG APG FG % FT %
1. LeBron James, CLE 82.90 N/A +82.90 37 37.3 26.4 5.6 7.4 49.2 73.3
2. Rudy Gay, SAC 75.30 N/A +75.30 40 35.2 20.2 6.0 4.1 44.8 86.4
3. Gordon Hayward, UTA 74.80 N/A +74.80 45 34.9 19.2 4.7 4.1 45.6 81.1
4. Carmelo Anthony, NY 72.84 N/A +72.84 34 36.1 24.1 6.7 3.1 45.0 79.1
5. Tobias Harris, ORL 69.44 N/A +69.44 41 34.4 17.4 6.6 1.9 46.5 78.8
6. Draymond Green, GS 68.27 N/A +68.27 43 31.9 11.6 8.0 3.6 44.0 69.5
7. Cndler Parsons, DAL 67.15 N/A +67.15 45 32.9 15.5 4.6 2.2 45.7 72.9
8. Luol Deng, MIA 66.21 N/A +66.21 41 32.7 14.3 5.0 1.9 49.6 71.9
9. AWiggins, MIN 65.84 N/A +65.84 44 33.5 15.2 4.3 1.8 42.9 72.4
10. Kevin Durant, OKC 65.54 N/A +65.54 21 33.1 25.6 6.7 4.1 51.9 85.8
MS
Member: #724
5/3/2016  12:40 PM
I have to say mentioning Allan Houston vs. Melo in the same sentence is a disgrace.

Houston was a 70MM player max and the Knicks paid him 100MM with no bidders. He was an elite shooter, not an elite scorer. He didn't rebound, pass, defend or shoot a terribly high percentage. He averaged 20pts only twice in his career. Sprewell was better than any player Melo ever had not to mention he had Ewing, LJ and a number of other players. Houston didn't even play the final two years of his deal.

JR Smith was Melo's 2nd option he's Lebron's 4th. Give the guy some ****ing help and he's easily still one of the better player in the league.

ChuckBuck
USA
5/3/2016  1:43 PM
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
fishmike wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Be realistic man.

SMALL FORWARDS
PLAYER LAST
WEEK CHANGE GP RATINGMPG PPG RPG APG FG % FT %
1. LeBron James, CLE 82.90 N/A +82.90 37 37.3 26.4 5.6 7.4 49.2 73.3
2. Rudy Gay, SAC 75.30 N/A +75.30 40 35.2 20.2 6.0 4.1 44.8 86.4
3. Gordon Hayward, UTA 74.80 N/A +74.80 45 34.9 19.2 4.7 4.1 45.6 81.1
4. Carmelo Anthony, NY 72.84 N/A +72.84 34 36.1 24.1 6.7 3.1 45.0 79.1
5. Tobias Harris, ORL 69.44 N/A +69.44 41 34.4 17.4 6.6 1.9 46.5 78.8
6. Draymond Green, GS 68.27 N/A +68.27 43 31.9 11.6 8.0 3.6 44.0 69.5
7. Cndler Parsons, DAL 67.15 N/A +67.15 45 32.9 15.5 4.6 2.2 45.7 72.9
8. Luol Deng, MIA 66.21 N/A +66.21 41 32.7 14.3 5.0 1.9 49.6 71.9
9. AWiggins, MIN 65.84 N/A +65.84 44 33.5 15.2 4.3 1.8 42.9 72.4
10. Kevin Durant, OKC 65.54 N/A +65.54 21 33.1 25.6 6.7 4.1 51.9 85.8

What am I phucking looking at here? And in no world, statistical or eye test, is Melo better than Draymond Green or Kevin Durant at small forward.

Perspective

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy