[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How healthy will Allan Houston be this season?

Author Poll
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
Will Allan Houston be ready to contribute this year? The local papers' stories contradict themselves...No one seems to have an answer... Will anyone know until training camp begins...?? So during these dog-days of summer, let's have a little fun...
Af course, Allah..whoops, I mean Allan will play all 82 games while leading the Knicks in scoring.
He'll play every game, but Lenny will limit his minutes to around 25-30 minutes. Expect 15-18 ppg.
I see him sitting out 10-15 games but will do score at least 18 ppg when on the floor.
Not really, he'll miss 10-15 games, and will be inconsistent due to his injury, 15 ppg
Naw, he's not even gonna be ready for the reg season, joining the team in Dec/Jan if lucky. ppg unknown
He**'s no we should have known he was the next coming of "Wince" Carter and "Cotton" Camby! When is his contract over again?!
View Results

Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
7/30/2004  5:45 PM
Not to be negative, but the guy has an arthritic knee... maybe the occassional cortisone shot will help alleviate symptoms, but it is what it is.

Who knows if the surgery he had a year ago actually made things worse.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/31/2004  2:05 AM
sad cause his shooting would make our team so much better.
timmyTtop
Member: #680
7/31/2004  3:53 PM
Posted by raven:

sad cause his shooting would make our team so much better.

no, give me a break, he can play a good 33 mins a game. good 17 pts a game, still a threat, i think we will have 2 players avg 17+ pts a game... not bad at all.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/31/2004  4:24 PM
I'm expecting his days as an NBA starter to be done. If he can just come off the bench for a nice offensive spark, I'll be very happy
timmyTtop
Member: #680
7/31/2004  4:59 PM
ahh man, guys have faith! 32 isnt that old, and his injury isnt THAT bad. isnt it the same caliber of injury as kidd? kidd can still run the floor and kidd has 5 years left, we just have to deal with houston for 2 more years and he'll be an expiring contract that can and will be usable very well. im sure he can play 8.5 mins a quarter. god crawford looks so good right now.
Bonn1997
USA
7/31/2004  5:54 PM
Posted by timmyTtop:

ahh man, guys have faith! 32 isnt that old, and his injury isnt THAT bad. isnt it the same caliber of injury as kidd? kidd can still run the floor and kidd has 5 years left, we just have to deal with houston for 2 more years and he'll be an expiring contract that can and will be usable very well. im sure he can play 8.5 mins a quarter. god crawford looks so good right now.
First, I'd very concerned about Kidd if I were a Net fan (although who knows how long he'll remain on the Nets?). Second, Houston's situation IS worse than Kidd's. Houston had microfracture surgery, meaning that he had surgery to attempt to repair a fracture in his knee. Third, it's not clear if he's even made any progress over the last fourteen months. (The *worst case scenario* for Kidd would be that 14 months from now he'd still be having substantial problems.) Fourth, he's now having problems with his other knee. I would not be surprised if his NBA career is over.

You guys know I'm not like Briggs in the sense that he is usually much less optimistic than I am; but in this case I think any news other than Houston's career being over would be good news. (Of course, the Knicks will continue to put positive spin on the situation.)
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
7/31/2004  6:23 PM
Houston had microfracture surgery, meaning that he had surgery to attempt to repair a fracture in his knee.

No, thats not what it means. Microfracture surgery is a surgical technique to repair articular cartilage. It requires drilling small holes into bone, which heals to form a thicker layer that lubricates the joint. Houston never fractured his knee cap a la Mcdyess.

By the way, Kidd also had microfracture surgery.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Bonn1997
USA
7/31/2004  6:51 PM
Hmm. That still doesn't sound good. I knew his situation was not as bad as McDyess's, but it still seems quite bad
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
7/31/2004  7:07 PM
Houston's situation really isn't the end of the world. Knee surgeries have a wide range of effective recovery times. He was dumb to not let it set the first time, though. Not to trivialize his injury, but I'd be more worried about the rust than anything else. He'll certainly play again, how many minutes ... well, thats a toss up.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/31/2004  10:41 PM
I'm really hoping that Houston will be healthy next season. He will allways be a concern now, and his minutes must go down to keep him healthy. Unlike the start of last season he doesn't have to carry us so we don't have to overuse him. His shooting alone will help us a lot. I really want the Crawford deal to get done because it would help Houston, but if it doesn't happen we still have to count a lot with Penny and even Shandon . Stll no news on how Houston really is, but I hope he gets healthy enough to play next season.
Knicks_Fan
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/31/2004  11:04 PM
I think he's done.
Bonn1997
USA
7/31/2004  11:08 PM
He**'s no we should have known he was the next coming of "Wince" Carter
I still don't understand that option. Houston and Vince Carter have very little in common
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/31/2004  11:29 PM
This is becoming pathetic.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/1/2004  3:07 AM
Come on Bonn. He's not a starter anymore? Are you just saying that b/c you want JC still, who is not yet a better player than AH. You don't even have a clue how he's doing this Summer, or what he is doing. Why do we even want to think negatively at this point? We can prepare for the future, but what's the point is believing that he's done? He's NOT done. Maybe he's lost some, but we don't know that for sure. Some of you guys are so impatient, it's ridiculous.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
raven
Member: #316
Canada
8/1/2004  4:20 AM
Comparing a healthy houston and crawford is pointless. Houston with a healthy is 10 times the player crawford is. Ok, hou is only a jump shooter, but people tend to forget that this guy could average more than 20 a games without any help while still having a good field goal %.

Bonn1997
USA
8/1/2004  9:58 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Come on Bonn. He's not a starter anymore? Are you just saying that b/c you want JC still, who is not yet a better player than AH. You don't even have a clue how he's doing this Summer,
Huh? About two weeks ago he was quoted saying he still had significant pain in his knees. And I don't need an official update on him to see how poorly he had healed after a full year in April. As for him not being a starter anymore, you and Don Chaney are probably the only two people who think he should still be given starter's minutes on his gimpy knees.

NO, it has absolutely nothing to do with Jamal. Even if we don't get Jamal, I would like to get another young SG. Wagner, Miles, and Rodney White are all pssibilities although none are pure SGs.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 08/01/2004 10:08:30]
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
8/1/2004  2:42 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
He**'s no we should have known he was the next coming of "Wince" Carter
I still don't understand that option. Houston and Vince Carter have very little in common

The reference was to the reputation for being injured Vince and Camby have developed with certain fans of the NBA.
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
Allanfan20
USA
8/1/2004  11:49 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Allanfan20:

Come on Bonn. He's not a starter anymore? Are you just saying that b/c you want JC still, who is not yet a better player than AH. You don't even have a clue how he's doing this Summer,
Huh? About two weeks ago he was quoted saying he still had significant pain in his knees. And I don't need an official update on him to see how poorly he had healed after a full year in April. As for him not being a starter anymore, you and Don Chaney are probably the only two people who think he should still be given starter's minutes on his gimpy knees.

NO, it has absolutely nothing to do with Jamal. Even if we don't get Jamal, I would like to get another young SG. Wagner, Miles, and Rodney White are all pssibilities although none are pure SGs.

Give me that article. I don't remember that. I remember him saying he'll be ready to play full contact by August.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bonn1997
USA
8/2/2004  9:14 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Allanfan20:

Give me that article. I don't remember that. I remember him saying he'll be ready to play full contact by August.

Houston still in pain: http://nypost.com/sports/knicks/27303.htm

"I can't predict the future. If I had to guess, I think I'll be ready by September."
This time last summer he was more optimistic than that. As for being ready to play full contact by August, every month he says that he'll be ready next month.

Can you name even five all-stars who (a) had knee surgery in their 30s, (b) fourteen months later had made very little progress, and (c) returned to be good starters (even if not all-stars)?

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 08/02/2004 09:15:32]
Allanfan20
USA
8/2/2004  11:48 AM
Dude, that's a Post article. All I need to know is that he said he'll be ready by training camp. We have to take his word for it.
How healthy will Allan Houston be this season?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy