Jim Paxson basically saying there will be no deal with the Knicks
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/31/2004  12:31 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

yeah you're probably right. Actually we were never after Crawford, Isiah never talked to Chicago-he was actually in Zambawee looking at a 14 year old 7 foot 9 inch PG.

Seriously, I think that you can use common sense and piece things together. The two teams talked quite a bit over the last month with Thomas talking and Chicago balking--understandibly so. From everything I have read, there is 0 chance of a deal in it's current format. In fact, I find it hard to believe that Chicago would be willing to let Crawford go for very little monetary consideration. They need Crawford and if they do end up dealing him it will be for substantial talent or significant cap relief--neither of which can be
completed with the Knicks.
My bet is Chicago has postured and stalled--putting Jamal in a poor position concerning a contract. It's either play for 1 year or take the 40mm--anyone really thinks he's coming to the knicks for nothing must have their head in the sand. the Knicks have been used in this scenario.

In the face of a logical explaination by a fan (Briggs) , some of you refuse to belive that Craw is not coming, and its more important to prove Briggs wrong than face the emotional risks attached to a team that only wants your viewership.

That is denial.

Good for Isiah for trying. Sometimes thats enough for a fan to apprciate.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/31/2004  1:11 PM
he was much closer to acquiring Malik Rose than Jamal Crawford from what I ascertain. The Mavericks likely will keep Walker and his ending contract. I think they can do better than KT, but heck we don't reallt want Walker anyway. I still believe Dampier is in play with the MLE. Either there is a scenario where he signs with Atlanta in an advanced deal that may send stromile swift to atlanta for Dampier in 45 days[something of the ilk] or Atlanta just signs him out right for more00IF NOT than the Knicks are still right smack in that game of the MLE as a backstop with Dampier's agent failing to produce what he likely promised erick. Carter-no chance--Crawford--to me thats something that is on life support and they are breaking out the paddles with the fat lady singing in the back round a tune called" the Knicks just got played".

I will be dissapointed if we pay Baker 3+mm at age 33 with all he's gone through. I know he can still play and play well at times, but it's in the teams best interest to look to get younger at every opportunity. I really do think Chris Mihm for the same Doleac $$$ makes great sense--if we are going to spend 3+mm on Baker--give it to Mihm instead--flip Boston 500,000 grand and Houston's 2nd round pick so they don't match--which I doubt they will with 16 signed players.

We still need to address 2G and with our ending contracts and extra cap room--part of the MLE and the LLE is left--we should be able to find something that works well--either a stop gap or a young player like Wagner who can be used as a Bobby Jackson like 6th man who may be able to breakout--same thing with Rodney White. We still have to give FW a nice run at back up PG--especially so we can concentrate on bringing Marbury's PT down to 35 minutes. Thats an important aspect going forward--limiting Marbury's PT to 34-35 minutes on an average.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/31/2004  2:26 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by BRIGGS:

yeah you're probably right. Actually we were never after Crawford, Isiah never talked to Chicago-he was actually in Zambawee looking at a 14 year old 7 foot 9 inch PG.

Seriously, I think that you can use common sense and piece things together. The two teams talked quite a bit over the last month with Thomas talking and Chicago balking--understandibly so. From everything I have read, there is 0 chance of a deal in it's current format. In fact, I find it hard to believe that Chicago would be willing to let Crawford go for very little monetary consideration. They need Crawford and if they do end up dealing him it will be for substantial talent or significant cap relief--neither of which can be
My bet is Chicago has postured and stalled--putting Jamal in a poor position concerning a contract. It's either play for 1 year or take the 40mm--anyone really thinks he's coming to the knicks for nothing must have their head in the sand. the Knicks have been used in this scenario.

In the face of a logical explaination by a fan (Briggs) , some of you refuse to belive that Craw is not coming, and its more important to prove Briggs wrong than face the emotional risks attached to a team that only wants your viewership.

That is denial.

Good for Isiah for trying. Sometimes thats enough for a fan to apprciate.
Briggs doesn't know more or less than most of us. I doubt even Jamal knows where he'll be playing next season and it's laughable for any of us to claim we know
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
7/31/2004  2:28 PM
As far as I know the only thing that we can be certain of is that Iseah has been trying. How close either of the trades really were noone will ever know. A good more then half of the reporting being done makes no sense even on a basic basketball level.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
7/31/2004  7:42 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

im using common sense here--i dont see what they get out of trading him to NY.

The Bulls would simply keep Crawford and free him next year if they wanted to cut salary indiscriminately. To me, it seems like they are willing to spend if its the right player. Getting our ending contracts which may be used in a subsequent trade may be the line of reasoning here.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
7/31/2004  7:50 PM
I think the Bulls could trade Crawford, JYD, Robinson to the Heat for Eddie Jones and filler. This would be a great trade for both teams.
A backcourt of Crawford & Wade in Miami & the big man in the middle would be nasty.

simrud
Member: #474
USA
7/31/2004  8:43 PM
This trade doesn make any sense for the Bulls. They want expiring deals, and Eddie Jones is not that, plus he is on the downside of his career. As for the Heat, they already have a much better version of Craw, Wade. So they don't need it either. This is just not a viable option.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
TLover
USA
7/31/2004  10:25 PM
If they are willing to take on Shandon Anderson for 3 years they would take Eddie Jones (I believe 2 years left, when Curry & Chandler's contracts are up - the year the bulls want cap space) who is not only the perfect player that team needs (6'6 shooting guard who is a good defender) will help ease the transition of Ben Gordon.

Ben Gordon is also 6'2, so what's gonna happen when he has to guard Kobe, Lebron, ect. Also they would be taking only Jones and maybe one other player, which frees up a roster spot.

I think the Bulls would do it.
Bonn1997
USA
7/31/2004  10:32 PM
Ben Gordon is 6'3" and a great athlete; he should be fine at SG. Height is not as important as people make it seem to be. Strength and quickness (which Ben has) are a thousand times more important.

I think the Heat would rather keep Jones than take back E-Rob and take JYD (when they are likely to get Karl Malone at PF).

TLover
USA
7/31/2004  10:47 PM
When you have the potential of a great backcourt (Crawford & Wade) then you don't mind taking back bad contracts, with at least one player (JYD) providing help at a position of need, even if they bring in Karl Malone. They make have to part with Malik Allen to make the deal work, so they would need a power forward to replace him. That's besides replacing Odom.
Bonn1997
USA
7/31/2004  11:06 PM
That doesn't help explain why the Bulls would take Eddie Jones's max contract to be a backup SG
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
8/1/2004  2:26 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/25960.htm

JAMAL AGENT SEES PROGRESS

August 1, 2004 -- Aaron Goodwin, agent for Jamal Crawford, contends progress has been made since Tuesday's Windy City Summit between Isiah Thomas and Bulls GM John Paxson that ended with no deal.

"I'm a little frustrated, but it will get better," Goodwin told The Post. "They're still talking. Chicago wants the perfect deal. We're trying to make them accept a very good one."

A source said the teams have moved beyond the Moochie Norris issue. Isiah has insisted on Norris in the package, feeling his contract is akin to a player entering his final year. Isiah is paying for much of the first year by adding $3 million, while the third and final year is not guaranteed.

Goodwin also said Vin Baker should re-sign with Knicks tomorrow. His wage is expected to begin at $3M.

Marc Berman
Bonn1997
USA
8/1/2004  2:42 AM
Thanks for the article. I hope Jamal does come here this summer. I have mixed feelings about the Baker signing. There are other players I'd rather get but Vin at $3 mil starting salary is a reasonable price. It's too bad we don't have his Bird rights (and have to use part of the MLE). Then re-signing him at that price would be a very easy decision to make

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 08/01/2004 02:44:16]
Bonn1997
USA
8/5/2004  11:53 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

so forget jamal crawford

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sports_story.asp?intID=38198179
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
8/6/2004  12:20 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
From everything I have read, there is 0 chance of a deal in it's current format. In fact, I find it hard to believe that Chicago would be willing to let Crawford go for very little monetary consideration. They need Crawford and if they do end up dealing him it will be for substantial talent or significant cap relief--neither of which can be

You know what they say about Hindsight... Only this one you were the only one who was wrong... bummer dude...

KNICKS RULE!!!!!!!!
VAN HORN DROOOLS!!!
Jim Paxson basically saying there will be no deal with the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy