crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
TPercy wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:He is decent.
The best option imo is still to offer as much as possible to Derozan/Fournier or trade Lopez for a PG and sign a center.

Fournier is restricted, he's not available. You'd honestly max out Derozan after his horrific playoff performances?

Erm....Yes?
Beggars simply can't be choosers. The fact that the likes of Bazemore, Evan Turner, or Seth Curry are being considered for money like 9M that would bring minimal impact to our roster is ridicule. Derozan brings the high quality offense our back court is clearly lacking. Bazemore is a decent role player coming off the bench, Derozan is an allstar about to enter his prime.

What is the point in having a max player who stinks every playoffs?

Agreed Derozan is overrated. Can't hit the 3, and his D isn't very inspired. Pass. We don't have to spend all our cash just because. I'd prefer the Knicks get Conley or wait for a more deserving FA to come along.

34% this season means he can't hit the 3?
Defense is questionable, but the pro's of the necessities he would address to our team clearly outweigh the cons. Derozan is a game changer, he is a star and not to mention, would last a very long time as he is entering his prime years compared to Conley who very quickly will be in decline.

I would pay Derozan a lot faster than Conley but perhpaps its best to not starphuck on either. Wonder how Derozen would play without a PG. Right now he is playing with a top 10 player in the league at PG.

I would call Lowry top 5 PG.

But DeRozan is not coming here. No why no how.

Why even bother considering this?

I have a feeling that Ujiri is not gonna pay him. Ujiri is smart ... lets watch.

Lowry is not just a top 5 pg ...

in the playoffs tho he is what?

What is he when it counts?

If we blast Derozan for his playoff performances then you have to take points off for Lowry too.

Honestly, if I was Ujiri and I was not resigning Derozan then I would trade Lowry to Boston or somebody. He didn't load up on pgs for nothing last summer. I like Lowry and would welcome a trade for him to keep him away from Milwaukee and them becoming one of the best defensive teams in the league. Orlando is another team that makes sense.

Also, the more and more I watch Crabbe the more and more I think his future is the brightest out of all the Sgs available. It would still take a lot to get him but it would probably still be under $20m. It takes money to get restricted players out of their situation.

good point. Lowry has not shot well at all. Curious to see what happens tonight. Who knows ... maybe if he sucks it up tonight we can get a third shot at him.

If they lose it just makes sense to trade him because he will be on the last year of his deal because he is more than likely opting out of that $12m last year. I doubt the knicks could do it anyway unless they send Lopez to a 3rd team. If they could do it without sending Lopez, Phil would have me locked into buying a 1000 "Phil is the Best" T-shirt deal and another 1000 "Does he have 11 rings" T-shirt deal.

I am sure that Ujiri is ready to unload lowry for lopez. Perhaps if we throw in wroten?

Lopez would go to a 3rd team to help contribute to NYs assets. He is probably worth another 1st and rotation player. Add what you get from Lopez to the 2018 1st and you'd probably get Lowry.

That is too rich for my blood even though the Knicks could add the necessary pieces in FA to make up for Lopez with the inclusion of Lowry.

AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/1/2016  5:13 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
TPercy wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:He is decent.
The best option imo is still to offer as much as possible to Derozan/Fournier or trade Lopez for a PG and sign a center.

Fournier is restricted, he's not available. You'd honestly max out Derozan after his horrific playoff performances?

Erm....Yes?
Beggars simply can't be choosers. The fact that the likes of Bazemore, Evan Turner, or Seth Curry are being considered for money like 9M that would bring minimal impact to our roster is ridicule. Derozan brings the high quality offense our back court is clearly lacking. Bazemore is a decent role player coming off the bench, Derozan is an allstar about to enter his prime.

What is the point in having a max player who stinks every playoffs?

Agreed Derozan is overrated. Can't hit the 3, and his D isn't very inspired. Pass. We don't have to spend all our cash just because. I'd prefer the Knicks get Conley or wait for a more deserving FA to come along.

34% this season means he can't hit the 3?
Defense is questionable, but the pro's of the necessities he would address to our team clearly outweigh the cons. Derozan is a game changer, he is a star and not to mention, would last a very long time as he is entering his prime years compared to Conley who very quickly will be in decline.

I would pay Derozan a lot faster than Conley but perhpaps its best to not starphuck on either. Wonder how Derozen would play without a PG. Right now he is playing with a top 10 player in the league at PG.

I would call Lowry top 5 PG.

But DeRozan is not coming here. No why no how.

Why even bother considering this?

I have a feeling that Ujiri is not gonna pay him. Ujiri is smart ... lets watch.

Lowry is not just a top 5 pg ...

in the playoffs tho he is what?

What is he when it counts?

If we blast Derozan for his playoff performances then you have to take points off for Lowry too.

Honestly, if I was Ujiri and I was not resigning Derozan then I would trade Lowry to Boston or somebody. He didn't load up on pgs for nothing last summer. I like Lowry and would welcome a trade for him to keep him away from Milwaukee and them becoming one of the best defensive teams in the league. Orlando is another team that makes sense.

Also, the more and more I watch Crabbe the more and more I think his future is the brightest out of all the Sgs available. It would still take a lot to get him but it would probably still be under $20m. It takes money to get restricted players out of their situation.

good point. Lowry has not shot well at all. Curious to see what happens tonight. Who knows ... maybe if he sucks it up tonight we can get a third shot at him.

If they lose it just makes sense to trade him because he will be on the last year of his deal because he is more than likely opting out of that $12m last year. I doubt the knicks could do it anyway unless they send Lopez to a 3rd team. If they could do it without sending Lopez, Phil would have me locked into buying a 1000 "Phil is the Best" T-shirt deal and another 1000 "Does he have 11 rings" T-shirt deal.

I am sure that Ujiri is ready to unload lowry for lopez. Perhaps if we throw in wroten?

Lopez would go to a 3rd team to help contribute to NYs assets. He is probably worth another 1st and rotation player. Add what you get from Lopez to the 2018 1st and you'd probably get Lowry.

That is too rich for my blood even though the Knicks could add the necessary pieces in FA to make up for Lopez with the inclusion of Lowry.

yeah ... too rich for me too. I would give that up for a rookie or super up and comer. Not for a player who is moving to the other side of 30.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Bazemore looked great last night

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy