Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
4/17/2016  3:09 PM
Hopefully he doesn't keep it up or he'll plumpen his price tag
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/17/2016  3:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2016  3:24 PM
He's another 3-D guy that they replaced D.Carroll with. I'm wondering what kind of contract he'll get from a team. Carroll got like $12 mil per from Toronto.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/17/2016  3:44 PM
Yeah I've been high on Bazemore since he was on the Lakers. I think he's really been developed nicely by Budenholzer. Very nice 2 way player.
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

4/17/2016  7:30 PM
i fully expect bazemore to get north of 12mill
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/17/2016  7:35 PM
callmened wrote:i fully expect bazemore to get north of 12mill

I fully hope the Knicks do not offer that.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/17/2016  9:06 PM
Batum played well in a losing cause. I like Bazemore and he has grit. I suspect Phil won't want him
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/17/2016  10:23 PM
Paris907 wrote:Batum played well in a losing cause. I like Bazemore and he has grit. I suspect Phil won't want him

Im just trying to use common sense. Curry is 25 Bazemore 26 both are really good players. If we have to pay a little more for their services-who cares--whats the goal? To put good players on the floor who know how to play basketball. I think Gasol can be talked into coming here.

If we added Gasol Curry Bazemore and Valentine--look how much better we would be right away. We dont need to spend 20mm on a PG. Both San Antonio and GSW have good athletes not GREAT athletes. Id like to have a couple of top tier athletes for defense but Im perfectly happy with good smart players who work hard and fill in the blanks after. Build a smart skilled team first with high character and work ethic

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/17/2016  10:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Batum played well in a losing cause. I like Bazemore and he has grit. I suspect Phil won't want him

Im just trying to use common sense. Curry is 25 Bazemore 26 both are really good players. If we have to pay a little more for their services-who cares--whats the goal? To put good players on the floor who know how to play basketball. I think Gasol can be talked into coming here.

If we added Gasol Curry Bazemore and Valentine--look how much better we would be right away. We dont need to spend 20mm on a PG. Both San Antonio and GSW have good athletes not GREAT athletes. Id like to have a couple of top tier athletes for defense but Im perfectly happy with good smart players who work hard and fill in the blanks after. Build a smart skilled team first with high character and work ethic

BRIGGS, you've created like 10 new threads on your thoughts on Curry, Bazemore, Gasol and Valentine. You don't need to respond to every thread on that same thing. We get it.

Got anything more to add onto Bazemore? This is the thread to do it.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
4/17/2016  10:53 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

BRIGGS, you've created like 10 new threads on your thoughts on Curry, Bazemore, Gasol and Valentine. You don't need to respond to every thread on that same thing. We get it.

Would you mind if I throw another plug in for Bryn Forbes:) I guarantee it will be worth it to the Knicks.

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/17/2016  10:56 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/18/2016  8:51 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Got to be careful here, this is the kind of thinking that got Layden in trouble. Overpaid role players who got starters salary.
Not saying there is 100% correlation here. The key is to get guys to play above their current levels by them putting in the work, and install a system that they can thrive in.

I can say Rolo has, KOQ has not and Derrik Williams went sideways.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/18/2016  9:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2016  9:59 AM
Bazemore is gonna get himself PAID if he keeps playing like that in the playoffs. Minimum 4yr $60M deal, probably more.
¿ △ ?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/18/2016  10:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2016  10:05 AM
I have no issues giving Bazemore a big contract if we can ask ourselves "is he a capable #3 option here for the long term (plus our best perimeter defender)" and the answer is "yes."
BRIGGS
4/18/2016  10:19 AM
crzymdups wrote:Bazemore is gonna get himself PAID if he keeps playing like that in the playoffs. Minimum 4yr $60M deal, probably more.

One problem that will be out there and it will be viscous. ALL teams will go into free agency with the exception of a few who are over the cap. This will be a rush--there will be no Philadelphia's anymore not looking to spend.

I personally am NOT worried about over paying for a player to a certain extent. The cap is 92-93 and is going up to 112-115. I think fans have to understand that contracts will be more. You may have to up the ante a little in certain circumstances. Thats how it will be.

I personally think Bazemore will be in the 12 mm range maybe 4 years 50mm unless he avg 20-23 through 2-3 playoff series than all bets are off.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/18/2016  10:37 AM
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Got to be careful here, this is the kind of thinking that got Layden in trouble. Overpaid role players who got starters salary.
Not saying there is 100% correlation here. The key is to get guys to play above their current levels by them putting in the work, and install a system that they can thrive in.

Cap is going up to 115 in 2 years. Now I dont want to pay guys 20-26 mm unless their name is Durant. But contracts that run from 8-13mm--its simply the same as paying someone 4-7 mm on the last cap. Contracts that eat up 20% of you cap for say a Mike Conley--that is RISKY. Contracts that eat up 12mm or less will be fluid contracts manageable. Over paying a 300 pound Jerome James overpaying a one knee player in Amare overpaying an Eddy Curry thats trouble. Remember we paid Shanden Andersen in 2001 6 years 42mm--this is 15 years later with double the cap.

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/18/2016  10:43 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Bazemore is gonna get himself PAID if he keeps playing like that in the playoffs. Minimum 4yr $60M deal, probably more.

One problem that will be out there and it will be viscous. ALL teams will go into free agency with the exception of a few who are over the cap. This will be a rush--there will be no Philadelphia's anymore not looking to spend.

I personally am NOT worried about over paying for a player to a certain extent. The cap is 92-93 and is going up to 112-115. I think fans have to understand that contracts will be more. You may have to up the ante a little in certain circumstances. Thats how it will be.

I personally think Bazemore will be in the 12 mm range maybe 4 years 50mm unless he avg 20-23 through 2-3 playoff series than all bets are off.

DeMarre Carroll averaged 14ppg 6rpg last year in playoffs and got 4yr $60M... and the cap was only $69M. With a $92M cap? 4yr $60M deals are gonna get thrown around like dollar bills at a strip club.

I continue to believe we will see some of the worst contracts ever this summer and it will be the impetus for a massive lockout after next season.

¿ △ ?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/18/2016  10:51 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Cap is going up to 115 in 2 years. Now I dont want to pay guys 20-26 mm unless their name is Durant. But contracts that run from 8-13mm--its simply the same as paying someone 4-7 mm on the last cap. Contracts that eat up 20% of you cap for say a Mike Conley--that is RISKY. Contracts that eat up 12mm or less will be fluid contracts manageable. Over paying a 300 pound Jerome James overpaying a one knee player in Amare overpaying an Eddy Curry thats trouble. Remember we paid Shanden Andersen in 2001 6 years 42mm--this is 15 years later with double the cap.

I agree. 15 mil a year or less for a high-level starter in the new salary cap is very manageable moving forward.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/18/2016  10:59 AM
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

DeMarre Carroll averaged 14ppg 6rpg last year in playoffs and got 4yr $60M... and the cap was only $69M. With a $92M cap? 4yr $60M deals are gonna get thrown around like dollar bills at a strip club.

I continue to believe we will see some of the worst contracts ever this summer and it will be the impetus for a massive lockout after next season.

I agree and if you are not signing a max guy its going to feel like you are. The thing that scares me is we sign a couple of role players to $15mm salaries
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/18/2016  11:15 AM
Nice player who plays with some fire and is a tough defender, but he has never even averaged over 12PPG in a full season, and his 3pt shooting is average...nothing special.

When I look at his stats, I don't see much which indicates he is a game changer.

And for all the guys who like to shove WS48 in everybody's faces...please tell me how Bazemore has excelled in that statistic.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bazemke01.html

OK player...nothing special.

If you guys have the stats to show that I'm totally wrong- please let me know.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Bazemore looked great last night

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy