[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How Valuable Expiring Contracts
Author Thread
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
7/30/2004  1:02 PM
I still don't get how GM's value these, because there doesn't appear to be any consistency. I'm referring to the Nets giving up Kittles, his expiring $10.3MM + cash for nothin. I would have thought they could have done better.

Maybe they could have, but "better" would have entailed taking on a more talented player w/ a longer contract, and the Nets want to suck and may be undertaking the most disturbing fire sale/team demolition since the Marlins post World Series. How much will they pay to have someone take Kidd off their hands?

Not a big Nets fan, but it's upsetting to watch. Gotta feel bad for Thorn, who IMO is a stand-up guy and a real talent, and is now reduced carrying Ratner's bags through the stinking muck.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/30/2004  2:02 PM
I am guessing that Ratner was cash strapped from other business and HAD to get rid of Kittles ASAP, and having to do so left him with only those teams that had cap space.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/30/2004  2:51 PM
They clear long-term cap room if you're willing to take back a bad contract. Expiring contacts enabled us to get Marbury, Detroit to get Rasheed Wallace, and many other teams to get good players. They are practically gold and I can't wait until next summer when Isiah has $30 mil in expiring contracts to work with.
How Valuable Expiring Contracts

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy