4/25/2016  9:31 PM
lin playing like a real dope tonight.
so here is what phil is thinking ....
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/25/2016  9:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2016  9:32 PM
Thank god we let Lin walk for nothing. 6-10fg 21pts.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
4/25/2016  9:34 PM
Courtney Lee looking good tonight, too. Le sigh.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
4/25/2016  9:36 PM
Courtney Lee two huge offensive rebounds in the final minute wins the game for Charlotte. We should sign that guy. Not that he'd leave a good situation in Charlotte.
¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/25/2016  9:41 PM
crzymdups wrote:Courtney Lee two huge offensive rebounds in the final minute wins the game for Charlotte. We should sign that guy. Not that he'd leave a good situation in Charlotte.
He has been awesome. Earlier in the game they said he has shot the highest percentage from 3 in the nba since Thanksgiving.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/25/2016  9:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Courtney Lee two huge offensive rebounds in the final minute wins the game for Charlotte. We should sign that guy. Not that he'd leave a good situation in Charlotte.
He has been awesome. Earlier in the game they said he has shot the highest percentage from 3 in the nba since Thanksgiving.

how much would you pay for him?

crzymdups
USA
4/25/2016  9:48 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I would overpay him before Bazemore.

Though Charlotte might overpay him before Batum, even.

Lee is an IDEAL SG for the way the game is played now. Defense. 3s. Rebounds, moves the ball. I like his grit, too.

¿ △ ?
mreinman

4/25/2016  9:49 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Lee is an IDEAL SG for the way the game is played now. Defense. 3s. Rebounds, moves the ball. I like his grit, too.

how much?

crzymdups
USA
4/25/2016  9:52 PM
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

how much?

I have no idea what the market will be. But I would definitely go around $10M per for 2 or 3yrs. Not sure if that's even enough though, in the coming market.

¿ △ ?
mreinman

4/25/2016  9:55 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

how much?

I have no idea what the market will be. But I would definitely go around $10M per for 2 or 3yrs. Not sure if that's even enough though, in the coming market.

dude passes worse/fewer than afflalo. We need ball movers! And his WS48 is below league avg. that is not a good sign.

crzymdups
USA
4/25/2016  9:56 PM
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

how much?

dude passes worse/fewer than afflalo. We need ball movers! And his WS48 is below league avg. that is not a good sign.

Well, I'd say go after Lin, but we know that ain't happening.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
4/25/2016  9:57 PM
Say the Knicks have $35M in cap room - I wonder what their record would be if they magically could sign Lin, Courtney Lee, and Nic Batum?
¿ △ ?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/25/2016  10:08 PM
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

how much?

How reliable is WS48? I still can't quantify it. This year Jose had WS48 of .096. Last year Wade had .086 and this year .105, below average and now barely above average.

This year: Lee .093, Lin .082, Batum .097.

What's the deal?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
mreinman

4/25/2016  10:19 PM
martin wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

how much?

How reliable is WS48? I still can't quantify it. This year Jose had WS48 of .096. Last year Wade had .086 and this year .105, below average and now barely above average.

What's the deal?

perhaps batum did not play as well as everyone thought? He did not play well in the second half and his numbers nose dived.

Lin is Lin.

Lee was never that good and I assume that his non-existing passing was the culprit.

Jose is an efficient offensive player though he needs to be not slightly below avg but 2.5 times better than average to make up for his defense.

Batum probably has intangibles that make him better than his stats but how much better and in no way would I go crazy with his money.

Every stat has outliars but if you want to know why charlotte is playing so much better you need to look no further than Kemba Walker and also how much the offense has been spread / opened up this season.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/25/2016  10:28 PM
mreinman wrote:
martin wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

how much?

What's the deal?

perhaps batum did not play as well as everyone thought? He did not play well in the second half and his numbers nose dived.

Lin is Lin.

Lee was never that good and I assume that his non-existing passing was the culprit.

Jose is an efficient offensive player though he needs to be not slightly below avg but 2.5 times better than average to make up for his defense.

Batum probably has intangibles that make him better than his stats but how much better and in no way would I go crazy with his money.

Every stat has outliars but if you want to know why charlotte is playing so much better you need to look no further than Kemba Walker and also how much the offense has been spread / opened up this season.

how does a stat this is supposed to negate the outliars by considering both offense and defense (although it admittedly is not able to quantify defense very well).

Wade had a lower WS48 last year than Lin, Batum, Lee this year. Jose is in the mix for all of those guys this year. Also, WS48 only puts Wade at barely above average this year but that doesn't pass the eye test.

How are you, mreinman, as someone who relies so heavily on this stat, informing us of how this could be? This is too many outliars, or it at least needs a lot more explaining.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
mreinman

4/25/2016  10:42 PM
martin wrote:
mreinman wrote:
martin wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

how much?

What's the deal?

Lin is Lin.

how does a stat this is supposed to negate the outliars by considering both offense and defense (although it admittedly is not able to quantify defense very well).

Wade had a lower WS48 last year than Lin, Batum, Lee this year. Jose is in the mix for all of those guys this year. Also, WS48 only puts Wade at barely above average this year but that doesn't pass the eye test.

How are you, mreinman, as someone who relies so heavily on this stat, informing us of how this could be? This is too many outliars, or it at least needs a lot more explaining.

wade did not have a good year though still slightly above average even though his TS was a bad 51% and he shot 16% from 3. Even the eye test can catch that. Even though the stats said that he was just above average, his intangibles and leadership to make more valuable than that.

As a number of us who follow these stats have said numerous times, they are not perfect and they can be used as a really good tool to help a team make decisions along with standard scouting.

Though you pick outliars, it is far far more wrong than right. Just take a look at the top 50 to get an idea.

And again, Jose is a bad example because he is an efficient player that plays the worst defense in the league.

And, Wade's WS48 is .179 for his career which is phenomenal. Its not coincidence that it is rapidly declining with his age and legs.

callmened
Member: #4234

4/25/2016  10:47 PM
and why would Lin return to NYC? to play for dolan? to try to live up to Linsanity?
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
crzymdups
USA
4/25/2016  11:02 PM
callmened wrote:and why would Lin return to NYC? to play for dolan? to try to live up to Linsanity?

I said it obviously wouldn't happen. Of course he wouldn't.

¿ △ ?
callmened
Member: #4234

4/25/2016  11:39 PM
crzymdups wrote:
callmened wrote:and why would Lin return to NYC? to play for dolan? to try to live up to Linsanity?

I said it obviously wouldn't happen. Of course he wouldn't.

lol jk

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
2016 NBA PLAYOFF BASKETBALL

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy