2016 NBA PLAYOFF BASKETBALL
Author Thread
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

4/23/2016  5:29 PM
dk7th wrote:
callmened wrote:
dk7th wrote:in the celtics victory i noticed one salient stat from the box score: evan turner dished out 7 assists from the shooting guard position and had a usage to assist ratio of .82:1 which is an elite stat for a shooting guard as a facilitator. looking at the play by play, he had a nice mix of passing in traffic to big men cutting, as well as hitting perimeter players, assumedly on drives of his own where he found an open teammate on the perimeter.

he'd fit right into the triangle offense with his passing skills.

i wonder how many assists he had to IT4 who was one of only 10 celtics ever to score 40 pts in the playoffs. meaning I COULDVE racked up 7 assists if i was playing next to IT4 last night. with that said, he has a nice skills set. jack of all trade, master of none type of player. the classic swiss army knife. this is the type of mediocre player i hope the knicks can sign but not overpay for

i counted two to thomas. that still leaves a whopping 5 assists for the others which is not nothing. maybe the game plan was for evans to be the facilitator because they needed thomas's scoring above everything else, but this is why i am high on him for the knicks in the triangle-- that and he is a good defender, far better than afflalo.

dude cant shoot and hes really noy that good. i think affalo to turner is a lateral move. but sure, i think hed fit in nicely in the playoffs

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
AUTOADVERT
callmened

4/23/2016  5:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2016  5:35 PM
martin wrote:Haven't had time to watch games, can someone give me a clue as to how DeRozen is playing? Every time I check the boxscore he is 2-8FG

very simple. Dreozan relies on getting to the free throw line when he postups on small guards. indiana is defending him (and lowry) by playing big wings like PG13, CJ miles, solomon hill on him. now he has to settle for 3s (not a strnegth) and contested pull up jumpers. coach vogel is making JVal and patterson beat them. i thought this would be a CLOSE series cuz of the matchup. but ultimately i think toronto takes it cuz of home court

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/23/2016  5:36 PM
callmened wrote:
martin wrote:Haven't had time to watch games, can someone give me a clue as to how DeRozen is playing? Every time I check the boxscore he is 2-8FG

very simple. Dreozan relies on getting to the free throw line when he postups on small guards. indiana is defending him (and lowry) by playing big wings like PG13, CJ miles, solomon hill on him. now he has to settle for 3s (not a strnegth) and contested pull up jumpers. coach vogel is making JVal and patterson beat them. i thought this would be a CLOSE series cuz of the matchup. but ultimately i think toronto takes it cuz of home court

Thanks. DeRozan doing his best IsoMelo impression, 4-15, 5 TO

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
callmened

4/23/2016  5:47 PM
martin wrote:
callmened wrote:

Thanks. DeRozan doing his best IsoMelo impression, 4-15, 5 TO

lol

callmened

4/23/2016  5:48 PM
Tank kaminsky...a cant miss prospect by BRIGGS who has been irrelevant all yr and non existent in the playoffs gets his first start
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/23/2016  6:03 PM
This shocks me about Lowry and DeRozan.

¿ △ ?
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/23/2016  6:22 PM
callmened wrote:
dk7th wrote:
callmened wrote:
dk7th wrote:in the celtics victory i noticed one salient stat from the box score: evan turner dished out 7 assists from the shooting guard position and had a usage to assist ratio of .82:1 which is an elite stat for a shooting guard as a facilitator. looking at the play by play, he had a nice mix of passing in traffic to big men cutting, as well as hitting perimeter players, assumedly on drives of his own where he found an open teammate on the perimeter.

i wonder how many assists he had to IT4 who was one of only 10 celtics ever to score 40 pts in the playoffs. meaning I COULDVE racked up 7 assists if i was playing next to IT4 last night. with that said, he has a nice skills set. jack of all trade, master of none type of player. the classic swiss army knife. this is the type of mediocre player i hope the knicks can sign but not overpay for

i counted two to thomas. that still leaves a whopping 5 assists for the others which is not nothing. maybe the game plan was for evans to be the facilitator because they needed thomas's scoring above everything else, but this is why i am high on him for the knicks in the triangle-- that and he is a good defender, far better than afflalo.

dude cant shoot and hes really noy that good. i think affalo to turner is a lateral move. but sure, i think hed fit in nicely in the playoffs

yes i seem to be his only fan on this forum. who else is there who agrees with me about turner? i can't think of a single person.

still, i'd rather overpay him than some of the other players being suggested. even if we overpay a bit at first i think he will over-deliver if not outright blossom in new york. he fits better in an overall long-term way.

i don't care about shooting ability. we have shooters in melo and kp. but the entire frontcourt can be cutters and finishers as well with the level and quality of passing a triangle-savvy turner would provide. and he would add a ton of backcourt length for passing lanes.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
callmened

4/23/2016  6:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2016  6:56 PM
dk7th wrote:
callmened wrote:
dk7th wrote:
callmened wrote:

yes i seem to be his only fan on this forum. who else is there who agrees with me about turner? i can't think of a single person.

still, i'd rather overpay him than some of the other players being suggested. even if we overpay a bit at first i think he will over-deliver if not outright blossom in new york. he fits better in an overall long-term way.

i don't care about shooting ability. we have shooters in melo and kp. but the entire frontcourt can be cutters and finishers as well with the level and quality of passing a triangle-savvy turner would provide. and he would add a ton of backcourt length for passing lanes.

to me..hes a less athletic version of derrick williams but a better passer and defender.

i dont MIND him on the team. hes a stop gap player which is what i think we should be going for

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/23/2016  8:35 PM
dk7th wrote:
callmened wrote:
dk7th wrote:
callmened wrote:

Evan Turner has been on my list. I like him. I think he could be a piece of the puzzle if we look to add 2-3 guards this off-season. He'd be a good one.

If we could add a Turner, a Courtney Lee, a Darren Collison, we'd be in good shape in the backcourt.

¿ △ ?
dk7th
USA
4/23/2016  9:27 PM
callmened wrote:
dk7th wrote:
callmened wrote:
dk7th wrote:
callmened wrote:

to me..hes a less athletic version of derrick williams but a better passer and defender.

i dont MIND him on the team. hes a stop gap player which is what i think we should be going for

"we're not in an arms race we're in a skills race."

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/23/2016  10:43 PM
callmened wrote:Tank kaminsky...a cant miss prospect by BRIGGS who has been irrelevant all yr and non existent in the playoffs gets his first start

Good for him...

...and Charlotte gets their first playoff win in a gazillion years.

I liked him coming out of college...was always surprised at how some really disliked him so much. Thought we might take him if we traded down.

He'll make adjustments to his game, and I think he will be a pretty solid NBA player...a 17/8/4APG guy.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
callmened

4/23/2016  11:20 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
callmened wrote:Tank kaminsky...a cant miss prospect by BRIGGS who has been irrelevant all yr and non existent in the playoffs gets his first start

Good for him...

...and Charlotte gets their first playoff win in a gazillion years.

I liked him coming out of college...was always surprised at how some really disliked him so much. Thought we might take him if we traded down.

He'll make adjustments to his game, and I think he will be a pretty solid NBA player...a 17/8/4APG guy.

he had an EXCELLENT game today! but i stand by my original thoughts where i said he'd be a nice player. average like 12 & 6 off the bench

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/24/2016  1:37 AM
Harkless looked good tonight. Wish the Knicks were the ones to give up a second rounder to get him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/24/2016  2:29 AM
Wow have to mention just how good Kanter has been. In Okc 3 eins vs Dallas Kanter is avg 21-9 shooting 82% in Only 22 min!
RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/24/2016  3:02 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Wow have to mention just how good Kanter has been. In Okc 3 eins vs Dallas Kanter is avg 21-9 shooting 82% in Only 22 min!

There is a reason he averages those stats but only plays 22 mins...

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/24/2016  3:03 AM
crzymdups wrote:This shocks me about Lowry and DeRozan.

To be fair Lowry has been struggling with an injury (I think his elbow)- got it a little while before the playoffs and he started to struggle then.

callmened

4/24/2016  1:48 PM
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:This shocks me about Lowry and DeRozan.

To be fair Lowry has been struggling with an injury (I think his elbow)- got it a little while before the playoffs and he started to struggle then.

yep bad elbow for lowry

CrushAlot
USA
4/24/2016  7:31 PM
CrushAlot
USA
4/24/2016  8:48 PM
Huge shot by Thomas. Looks like this series is going to be tied up.
dk7th
USA
4/24/2016  8:53 PM
evan turner: dribble penetrator as a shooting guard + playmaking passer + midrange shooter + defender = ny knick
2016 NBA PLAYOFF BASKETBALL

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy