2016 NBA PLAYOFF BASKETBALL
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/28/2016  11:49 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Wow, if OKC loses this it will be an intersting summer.

Durant's play tonight maybe the reason OKC doesnt win the whole thing.

He still defers too much to Westbrook at times and gets passive. Durant might do better on a team where he doesnt have to share the touches with a dominant player like Westbrook. The Lakers are rebuilding, but that would be a place where I believe Durant could thrive.

he took 31 shots and many of them were bad ones. Something about these two guys that just don't click 100 percent.

Durant really messed up down the stretch and Westbrook was a bit out of control though he is a super freak.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
mreinman

5/28/2016  11:50 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:Klay needs to stop chucking if GS will win this game.

are you sure?

yeah ... I could not be more wrong about that one

NumberTwoPencil
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #481
USA
5/28/2016  11:56 PM
What a game. I almost feel bad for Westbrook and Durant . . . OKC was winning until Thompson and Curry found the cheat codes. OKC didn't lose the game, GS took it. Yeah, sure there were a few mistakes here and there but . . .

Whew. Game. S.E.V.E.N.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/28/2016  11:58 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

are you sure?

Not really the Latin word for Klay is Durant.

mreinman

5/28/2016  11:59 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

are you sure?

Not really the Latin word for Klay is Durant.

mreinman

5/29/2016  12:00 AM
NumberTwoPencil wrote:What a game. I almost feel bad for Westbrook and Durant . . . OKC was winning until Thompson and Curry found the cheat codes. OKC didn't lose the game, GS took it. Yeah, sure there were a few mistakes here and there but . . .

Whew. Game. S.E.V.E.N.

OKC deserved to lose because they played stupid selfish chucking ball. Not the way that got to this game.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/29/2016  12:02 AM
mreinman wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He still defers too much to Westbrook at times and gets passive. Durant might do better on a team where he doesnt have to share the touches with a dominant player like Westbrook. The Lakers are rebuilding, but that would be a place where I believe Durant could thrive.

he took 31 shots and many of them were bad ones. Something about these two guys that just don't click 100 percent.

Durant really messed up down the stretch and Westbrook was a bit out of control though he is a super freak.

Thats what Im talking about, letting Westbrook take over in crunch time when they should be both going at the other team. There were times in this series when they were effortlessly trading buckets, looked unstoppable. Count on Westbrook too much and you get burned, as great as he has been.

mreinman

5/29/2016  12:05 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
mreinman wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Thats what Im talking about, letting Westbrook take over in crunch time when they should be both going at the other team. There were times in this series when they were effortlessly trading buckets, looked unstoppable. Count on Westbrook too much and you get burned, as great as he has been.

they really are both to blame. They need to get the rest of the team involved. They were 3-23 from the 3 because they were not moving the ball correctly to the open man. Watch how GS shares the ball with everyone and play so unselfish. Everyone touches and everyone gets a chance to make plays if they are open.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/29/2016  12:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/29/2016  12:13 AM
mreinman wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
mreinman wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

they really are both to blame. They need to get the rest of the team involved. They were 3-23 from the 3 because they were not moving the ball correctly to the open man. Watch how GS shares the ball with everyone and play so unselfish. Everyone touches and everyone gets a chance to make plays if they are open.

Two ball dominant superstars on the team so its not surprising. Westbrook is the PG so he needs to keep everyone involved, and that includes Durant. Even more importantly Durant amd Westbrook choked. It wasnt a matter of a bad bounce, they both acted like the moment was too much for them. I shouldnt be surprised but I am, thought they had turned a corner.

callmened
Member: #4234

5/29/2016  12:14 AM
wow. what a great game!
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Kemet
Member: #6148

5/29/2016  12:57 AM
Not letting a HOT paint-protector Kantor get any playing-time in the 4th qtr. gave GS the win .. I didnt understand why Kantor n Adams did not start the 4th qtr. BOOO HOOO Donovan
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/29/2016  2:07 AM
OKC has little composure in close games. Its something they don't have that persona down yet. Westbrook goes spazz, and durant looked gassed.
they let the door open just enough for the GSW freak parade to happen.
NumberTwoPencil
USA
5/29/2016  3:01 AM
I think you guys are harshing too hard on OKC . . . they led most of the game, it was a toss up going into the last five minutes. Yeah, mistakes happened but GS made plenty of mistakes too. Yes, GS plays unselfish team ball--and that's why they pounded OKC during the regular season--but I think OKC did about as well as any team can right now against GS. GS is great team, even with a somewhat slow Curry, and OKC had a good chance to beat them . . . if they had made a shot or two down the stretch and maybe one less turnover, everyone would be saying "GS is overrated. OKC is the future. You can't rely on role players and be egalitarian in the playoffs, you have to have dominate superstars like Westbrook and Durant who just take over."

Whatevers. The main point of tonight's OKC-GS epic is: GAME. SEVEN.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/29/2016  7:21 AM
They should have had a way bigger lead after the first quarter and going into halftime. Durant pretty much was the reason why that didn't happen in the first half. Roberson(was hoping he was a FA lol), Ibaka, Westbrook, Adams all played good that first half. Westbrook was finding Roberson and Ibaka for easy looks, they were stealing the ball, forcing turnovers, and blocking shots left and right. Durant was just horrible though, rushed most of his shots. Took some crazy ass shots that there was no reason to take. They should have been up by 12-15 instead of 5 going into half time.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
5/29/2016  9:33 AM
I agree with NALOD.. OKC needs to find a way to close out tight games... They let the door open with those poor turnovers in the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter by their 2 superstars...

Coach Donovan needs to give Durant and Westbrook more rest on the bench.. If OKC LOSES this one, their chances of going to another NBA finals would become a pipedream...

Also they need to find a way to stop Thompson and his 3 point shooting... I think OKC is done!!!

The Future. GO KNICKS!
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/29/2016  9:46 AM
The better team won. Hoping GS goes to the finals as for OKC they would have given the Cavs another cake walk.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/29/2016  9:48 AM
Donovan is a good coach but if they lose this season they should move on from Durant/Westbrook as this core might be too damaged going forward.
It happens, teams don't fulfill their promise and have to reformulate. Kudo's to going 7 games with GSW.

The game still has to be played.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/29/2016  10:45 AM
Nalod wrote:Donovan is a good coach but if they lose this season they should move on from Durant/Westbrook as this core might be too damaged going forward.
It happens, teams don't fulfill their promise and have to reformulate. Kudo's to going 7 games with GSW.

I don't know about moving on from Durant and Westbrook. That team has changed a lot with Donovan, Waiters, Kanter, and Adams etc. Sometimes teams have to develop and work at getting by a team for a year or two in the playoffs. They got past the 67 win spurs and they are going to a game 7 against the 73 win Warriors. They could have easily won last night. I think you keep that core together and continue to improve it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/29/2016  11:12 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:Donovan is a good coach but if they lose this season they should move on from Durant/Westbrook as this core might be too damaged going forward.

I don't know about moving on from Durant and Westbrook. That team has changed a lot with Donovan, Waiters, Kanter, and Adams etc. Sometimes teams have to develop and work at getting by a team for a year or two in the playoffs. They got past the 67 win spurs and they are going to a game 7 against the 73 win Warriors. They could have easily won last night. I think you keep that core together and continue to improve it.

I agree what is better than Durant and Westbrook out there that is available? Nothing. Stick with the core and try and get better. It's like anything else a team has to do it's time before they get over the hump. Bulls, pistons, Sixers of past. They all had to do their time before they got over the hump.

NumberTwoPencil
USA
5/29/2016  1:08 PM
I _hope_ OKC is able to keep this team together but . . . I can see Durant leaving for GS or SAS. If they stay together, I think they will be _better_ next year . . . maybe better than GS.
2016 NBA PLAYOFF BASKETBALL

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy