[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2016 NBA PLAYOFF BASKETBALL
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

5/5/2016  7:52 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:45 3 pointers taken by cleveland! Of course phil hates the way they play - puke!

Knicks need to try to get JR Smith in Free Agency.

small city JR is so different than Big city JR.Plus, I hear he just got married so maybe that has something to do with it too.

AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

5/5/2016  10:45 PM
I'm sure you can look at many things in the Toronto/Heat game that might have changed the outcome after regulation time, but if Toronto loses the game it is on DaRozan, who was 1/6 from the FT line in regulation.

Simply unacceptable for a "star" SG to shoot like that in a big game.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

5/6/2016  5:19 PM
derozan is what he is...a mid range shooting slashing guard who gets half his pts on the foul line. if they DONT call fouls then he wont get his pts. plus if he plays good defense, they will eliminate his mid range game
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
mreinman
Member: #3189

5/6/2016  5:38 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:I'm sure you can look at many things in the Toronto/Heat game that might have changed the outcome after regulation time, but if Toronto loses the game it is on DaRozan, who was 1/6 from the FT line in regulation.

Simply unacceptable for a "star" SG to shoot like that in a big game.

both he and lowry have been quite inefficient this playoffs. I am surprised about Lowry - less about derozen.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/7/2016  9:50 PM
Lillard is having an amazing game.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
5/7/2016  10:36 PM
This Blazers team is really likable. I hope thirteen points is enough of a lead for them to get their first win in the series. Lillard has been unbelievable tonight.
CrushAlot
USA
5/7/2016  11:12 PM
Wow. Great win by the Blazers. Lillard was unbelievable tonight.
CrushAlot
USA
5/8/2016  5:21 PM
It will be interesting to see what the Hawks do this offseason. They are good but not good enough.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/8/2016  7:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:It will be interesting to see what the Hawks do this offseason. They are good but not good enough.

They aren't winning any championship anytime soon. No superstar no championship for you. I know the Knicks fans want to be just like the Hawks. Good luck with that. Good enough to make the playoffs but nothing to show for it.

mreinman

5/8/2016  10:08 PM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:It will be interesting to see what the Hawks do this offseason. They are good but not good enough.

They aren't winning any championship anytime soon. No superstar no championship for you. I know the Knicks fans want to be just like the Hawks. Good luck with that. Good enough to make the playoffs but nothing to show for it.

for now, being like the hawks would be a good start.

mreinman

5/8/2016  10:29 PM
OKC making this a series!

OKC of course is a better team when Durant takes many more shots than Westbrook.

41 for Durant on only 25 shots and 14 points (on 18 shots - not good) but 14 assists for westbrook.

Vmart
USA
5/8/2016  10:31 PM
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:

It would be a great start only if KP is a star. If he isn't then the Knicks just got caught in no mans land. Talent level will have peaked out. Hawks are peaked out.

mreinman

5/8/2016  10:35 PM
Vmart wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:

It would be a great start only if KP is a star. If he isn't then the Knicks just got caught in no mans land. Talent level will have peaked out. Hawks are peaked out.

why are they peaked? They can't make any moves?

and btw, bazemore has absolutely sucked for them. Teague also seems to really gone backwards as well as korver who is just too old.

Vmart
USA
5/8/2016  10:42 PM
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:

and btw, bazemore has absolutely sucked for them. Teague also seems to really gone backwards as well as korver who is just too old.

The Hawks have been like this for a long time. It's not a FA destination it doesn't draw high profile FAs. They have taken themselves out of draft lottery it would have to be a miracle to get that impact player to get them over the top. You can tell there are certain team that aren't going to get it done. Teams like Clipper,Hawks Grizzlies they got nothing to get them over the top.

mreinman

5/8/2016  10:46 PM
Vmart wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:

The Hawks have been like this for a long time. It's not a FA destination it doesn't draw high profile FAs. They have taken themselves out of draft lottery it would have to be a miracle to get that impact player to get them over the top. You can tell there are certain team that aren't going to get it done. Teams like Clipper,Hawks Grizzlies they got nothing to get them over the top.

lots and lots of luck to get over the top. They had a much better chance last year.

What your suggesting is that even as a playoff team, they are in NBA purgatory ... this is exactly why philly did what they did. You need to hit on 2 top 15 players to have a chance. You need many many opportunities to land those guys.

Vmart
USA
5/8/2016  10:58 PM
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:

lots and lots of luck to get over the top. They had a much better chance last year.

What your suggesting is that even as a playoff team, they are in NBA purgatory ... this is exactly why philly did what they did. You need to hit on 2 top 15 players to have a chance. You need many many opportunities to land those guys.

Yes NBA is a league that rewards losing in a big way. You have to be bad before you get good. I wish he Knicks had a pick this year. It was a opportunity to get that other good player to go with KP. And build that 10-12 year window of opportunity. Right now it seems next year the Knicks are going to take themselves out of top lottery by being just bad enough to miss playoffs or be good enough just to make the playoffs. At that point I'd rather tank it and get a high lottery again.

mreinman

5/8/2016  11:01 PM
Vmart wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Yes NBA is a league that rewards losing in a big way. You have to be bad before you get good. I wish he Knicks had a pick this year. It was a opportunity to get that other good player to go with KP. And build that 10-12 year window of opportunity. Right now it seems next year the Knicks are going to take themselves out of top lottery by being just bad enough to miss playoffs or be good enough just to make the playoffs. At that point I'd rather tank it and get a high lottery again.

I agree ... how are they getting that second young player?

Vmart
USA
5/8/2016  11:15 PM
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:

I would love for the Knicks if not through draft through free agency which is a huge if. Target Beal he is young enough to grow with KP. Other option is to trade Melo but that NTC is weighing heavily on the Knicks future. The problem here is Melo is good player whose window is closed and it prime time for a trade that would benefit both the Knicks and Melo. He may yield in a possible trade a good young prospect and picks.

The Knicks are going to have to approach it as if Melo will hang around. So the thing to do is max out Beal.

mreinman

5/8/2016  11:20 PM
Vmart wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Vmart wrote:

I would love for the Knicks if not through draft through free agency which is a huge if. Target Beal he is young enough to grow with KP. Other option is to trade Melo but that NTC is weighing heavily on the Knicks future. The problem here is Melo is good player whose window is closed and it prime time for a trade that would benefit both the Knicks and Melo. He may yield in a possible trade a good young prospect and picks.

The Knicks are going to have to approach it as if Melo will hang around. So the thing to do is max out Beal.

beal is not a star and we need guys on rookie deals. We can make a starphuck move but those usually crash.

I wait for next year and go for the big stars.

Either way, we are not in great shape to improved drastically unless we do something stupid and max out a batum or conley.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/9/2016  11:43 AM
Look at how SAS retooled over the years. Deep picks incubated, developed and traded. Its a process.
How does ATL elevate? I suppose it might take time. Can they attract players? Of course they can. Its a decent city and they have the money.
2016 NBA PLAYOFF BASKETBALL

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy