[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

this j kidd stuff is interesting
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/30/2004  10:19 AM
i have to imagine that j kidd is as good as gone. he's a higher risk right now, but if he shows he's healed--if im the nets--i would try to dump him for anything close to an ending contract. heck even with a PG, i wonder if the nets would be willing to trade J Kidd for Penny hardaway and 1 of the nets draft picks. We take on that risk of the last 3 years and NJ gets out of a big hole. Move J Kidd to PG and Marbury to SG. LOL it would be entertaining
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
7/30/2004  10:39 AM
we've all though about that. No chance it would happen but how crazy this backcourt would be...
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/30/2004  1:21 PM
I don't want anything to do with J-Kidd.....
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/30/2004  1:29 PM
Kidd would probably be traded back to DALLAS imo...they have the right type of players the Nets would want...a young talented swingman like Josh Howard who's not making alot of money, & a big ending contract in Antoine Walker...combine those guys w/a draft pick or 2 & i think Ratner would make the trade.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/30/2004  1:51 PM
he traded k mart for three first round picks and kerry kittles for a 2nd rounder

Kidd should get something in between- he is after all making a ton of money- perhaps 2 first round picks and 2 2nd round picks?

I've got to imagine that Mark Cuban & Donnie have already called the Nets and probably have something worked out- the nets are just waiting for Kidd to say- trade me
MS
Member: #724
7/30/2004  2:06 PM
Kidd is partly to blame for the situation, he is an amazing player, a winner, a leader, but did he really need to get 100 million, did he really have to get them to commit 24 million to Alonzo mourning. The Nets got rid of Van Horn and brought in Mutumbo the year before to try to get Kidd his center......honestly is K-Mart that good, we'll see he played in the east and has never average 10 rebounds, that is criminal he is one of the quickest jumpers in the league is extremely athletic, and his strength is running, and Kidd leads the break better than anyone, which is a major reason for his success....Anyone can beat Kurt Thomas off the dribble, but when matched up against the leagues elite how does he fair..Keeping the team together was the right move, but not when the building can't sell out, and not when you have jefferson coming up for an extension.
MS
Member: #724
7/30/2004  2:16 PM
K-Mart vs...Garnett, Game 1... 11pts 6 rbs...18pts 10rbs....
gainst sheed 12pts 7rbs....19pts 4rbs..., Jermaine O'Neal, 23pts 13rbs...17pts..6rbs...Duncan.....7pts 11rbs 3-11fg.....Ben Wallace....13pts 8 rbs...13pts 7rbs....thats not all that impressive vs. many of the leagues elite.......And he isn't exactly an iron man...68, 73,77,65....that about 43 games missed in his four year career, so he isn't a 90 million dollar player
timmyTtop
Member: #680
7/30/2004  3:33 PM
Posted by MS:

Kidd is partly to blame for the situation, he is an amazing player, a winner, a leader, but did he really need to get 100 million, did he really have to get them to commit 24 million to Alonzo mourning. The Nets got rid of Van Horn and brought in Mutumbo the year before to try to get Kidd his center......honestly is K-Mart that good, we'll see he played in the east and has never average 10 rebounds, that is criminal he is one of the quickest jumpers in the league is extremely athletic, and his strength is running, and Kidd leads the break better than anyone, which is a major reason for his success....Anyone can beat Kurt Thomas off the dribble, but when matched up against the leagues elite how does he fair..Keeping the team together was the right move, but not when the building can't sell out, and not when you have jefferson coming up for an extension.

good point, kmart is not worth his contract at all, not in the east, and def not in the west. if i remember correctly, he's a 17 and 8, as the nets' 1st or 2nd best scorer, now picture him surrounded by melo, voshon who shoots a lot, and andre miller, nene, a strong backup coming off the bench for him. he can't do 17 and 8 against the wests elite pf's, he did a good job in the east but thats against who J O'neal, R Wallace, oh yeah and PJ Brown, the next garnett. kmarts rebs and pts will drop also bc camby is a monster with the boards. i predict his #'s will be around 15 and 6. now when u look at it now and compare him to tim thomas' 16 and 5... i wonder who the fugazy is now?
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
7/30/2004  4:04 PM
Posted by timmyTtop:
Posted by MS:

good point, kmart is not worth his contract at all, not in the east, and def not in the west. if i remember correctly, he's a 17 and 8, as the nets' 1st or 2nd best scorer, now picture him surrounded by melo, voshon who shoots a lot, and andre miller, nene, a strong backup coming off the bench for him. he can't do 17 and 8 against the wests elite pf's, he did a good job in the east but thats against who J O'neal, R Wallace, oh yeah and PJ Brown, the next garnett. kmarts rebs and pts will drop also bc camby is a monster with the boards. i predict his #'s will be around 15 and 6. now when u look at it now and compare him to tim thomas' 16 and 5... i wonder who the fugazy is now?
who cares about his stats? kmart is going to an extremely young, athletic, and talented team. i would rather have a player average 15 and 6 and fit in with the team and have a contender than have a player averaging 16 and 5 playing for a 500 team
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
timmyTtop
7/30/2004  4:29 PM
Posted by nyballer:
Posted by timmyTtop:
Posted by MS:

who cares about his stats? kmart is going to an extremely young, athletic, and talented team. i would rather have a player average 15 and 6 and fit in with the team and have a contender than have a player averaging 16 and 5 playing for a 500 team

do you really think we'll get only 2 more wins this iyear than last? even if we dont get jamal or toine or carter or damp... plz, get ur facts straight.
nyballer
USA
7/30/2004  4:34 PM
Posted by timmyTtop:
Posted by nyballer:
Posted by timmyTtop:
Posted by MS:

do you really think we'll get only 2 more wins this iyear than last? even if we dont get jamal or toine or carter or damp... plz, get ur facts straight.
it's not a fact - next season hasnt happened so if i say we are a 500 team it's not me getting my facts wrong, it's me having a different opinion about next season than you. secondly, my point was that kmart does win because he will be playing on a team that is better than the knicks, unless you think that denver won't be a better team than the knicks, which is hard to believe. you are probably right, kmart will probably get 15 and 6 on denver, but if you put tim on that team he would probably get 8 and 4, imo. hard to even see him getting 4 rebounds on a team with nene, camby, even melo who boards well for a 3, when he can only get 5 on the knicks
timmyTtop
7/30/2004  4:41 PM
my point was not that kmart is better than thomas, so u dont need to compare cuz i know he is, my point is that with 15 and 6... name me another player worth 90 mil with those stats.
nyballer
USA
7/30/2004  4:52 PM
Posted by timmyTtop:i predict his #'s will be around 15 and 6. now when u look at it now and compare him to tim thomas' 16 and 5... i wonder who the fugazy is now?
from what you wrote i thought you were implying thaoms was better than martin, or that kenyon is getting screwed. my bad if that isnt what you meant
timmyTtop
7/30/2004  5:01 PM
Posted by nyballer:
Posted by timmyTtop:i predict his #'s will be around 15 and 6. now when u look at it now and compare him to tim thomas' 16 and 5... i wonder who the fugazy is now?
from what you wrote i thought you were implying thaoms was better than martin, or that kenyon is getting screwed. my bad if that isnt what you meant

nah, its just that thomas never asks for nothing, and kmart always puts up a front. i remember when he said he wouldnt join the olympic team bc he had to deal with his free agency... what a load of crap, he thinks he's so tough, he couldnt even admit he didnt wanna play bc he was scared of terrorist attacks. he tries to act so bad and tough, im sure that intensity had somethin to do with his 90 mil contract, and not his 17 and 8, otherwise they could've gone with boozer for less money, he's younger and a better rebounder too.
bernard
Member: #475
7/30/2004  5:01 PM
Kenyon may not be worth the contract ... I don't think he is ... but he's a lot more valuable than his stats suggest. Guy plays extremely hard. Plays great D. Makes big plays. I'm always surprised that his rebound totals aren't higher when I watch him play ... probably because he gets a lot of big, noticeable rebounds. In traffic, over bigger dudes. And not so many of the gimme boards.

Kenyon's biggest weakness, imo, is not his rebounding, but lack of size combined with his mediocre repetoire of moves. He just can't score against a very good defender (remember Detroit series -- Nets gave up on posting him up and were posting RJ instead).
timmyTtop
7/30/2004  7:06 PM
hence, he is not worth 90 mil
this j kidd stuff is interesting

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy