[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NY Daily News: Carter is trying to force a trade to New York
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
7/31/2004  1:45 AM
I agree with PresIke about #4. Carter was sensational in those playoffs in 01, haven't seen it recently though.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/31/2004  1:51 AM
it's a hue downfall since those playoffs. Ne never did anything comparable to that since.

Regarding the "parker schooled marbury" thing, I don't know if you ever watched one of these games... arbury was destroying parker so badly that it was a shame. That yr, if marbury didn't hurt his shoulder in game four, there would have been a huge upset.

don't bring those stat crap. Heart and leadership don't show on a stat sheet.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/31/2004  1:55 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by Bonn1997:
18 games, 19.4ppg, 6.7apg, 3.8rpg, 3.56tpg, *.365 FG%*, *.276 FT%*, 3.3 Pf/g
Now you're just making things up; I don'y believe for one second that he's shot 27.6% from the free throw line in his playoff career.

The other numbers all look great except the field goal percentage

Maybe it was 27.6% from 3?
Maybe; I have no idea what the number is from. It looks like TECHNOMASTER just made it up. I can't imagine Marbury shooting 27 percent from the free throw line in his playoff career. He actually shot 73% from the line in his young playoff career. I guess those numbers are very close and could easily be confused

Bigsmooth: It looks like Marbury schooled Parker (and Parker was just lucky to have Duncan to carry the team)
[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 07/30/2004 22:28:41]

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 07/30/2004 22:30:28]

My bad, I got distracted earlier and had a typo. I took my numbers from NBA.com. His FT% in the playoffs is 72.5%, about 6% lower than his career season average. His 3pt% (what I meant) in the playoffs is 27.6%, down from his regular season avg of 31.5%. The point I was making is that his numbers across the board are lower in the playoffs than his season averages in every major category except rebounding.

Does that mean he doesn't perform when the defense is tight? Do we blame the all of the lower numbers toward the tail end of the San Antonio series when he was nursing an injury? I don't know.

I can't see how people on this forum can think that Carter is such a bum and make it seem as if Stephon is the untouchable, perfect Knick?
Neither player has been on particularly great teams along the way, and their sample size (15games vs 18 games) is pretty similar. Both have had some injuries; while Carter has missed games due to his quad, Marbury is practically playing on robotic ankles.

Can we agree that Carter would be a much stronger option on the team than a Tim Thomas or an Allan Houston?... and likewise, wouldn't you rather have him than a Jamal Crawford? I'd give up just about anyone on the team to get Carter here.

BTW, I admit I was wrong about the San Antonio series; I remembered how he went up to Parker at the end of the series and said, "you belong..." I simply thought, "aww, what a touching moment."
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
NY Daily News: Carter is trying to force a trade to New York

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy