[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: Playoff bound Indiana
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/5/2016  5:42 PM
With the game tied and 30 seconds remaining, Ian Mahinmi got away with an illegal screen on Arron Afflalo. NBA:

Mahinmi (IND) continues moving and extends his hip as he sets the screen on Afflalo (NYK) without giving him room to avoid the contact.

After the uncalled offensive foul, Paul George hit the go-ahead jumper. The Knicks missed on the other end, and they had to begin intentionally fouling. The Pacers added a few free throws in their 92-87 win.

A correct call would’ve turned the ball over, giving New York a chance to go ahead. If the Knicks ran the clock down before shooting, as they should’ve, even a miss would’ve allowed only a rushed Indiana possession.

The loss means little to the Knicks, who are out of the playoff race and already traded their first-round pick.

But, for the Pacers, every win – and every call – helps.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/04/05/nba-pacers-got-away-with-illegal-screen-before-go-ahead-jumper-against-knicks/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/5/2016  7:59 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
With the game tied and 30 seconds remaining, Ian Mahinmi got away with an illegal screen on Arron Afflalo. NBA:

Mahinmi (IND) continues moving and extends his hip as he sets the screen on Afflalo (NYK) without giving him room to avoid the contact.

After the uncalled offensive foul, Paul George hit the go-ahead jumper. The Knicks missed on the other end, and they had to begin intentionally fouling. The Pacers added a few free throws in their 92-87 win.

A correct call would’ve turned the ball over, giving New York a chance to go ahead. If the Knicks ran the clock down before shooting, as they should’ve, even a miss would’ve allowed only a rushed Indiana possession.

The loss means little to the Knicks, who are out of the playoff race and already traded their first-round pick.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/04/05/nba-pacers-got-away-with-illegal-screen-before-go-ahead-jumper-against-knicks/

That was one of those games it really seemed like the NBA wanted to give to the Pacers for the playoffs. Oh well.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
4/5/2016  8:54 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That was one of those games it really seemed like the NBA wanted to give to the Pacers for the playoffs. Oh well.

I emailed them about the Afflalo call because I didn't understand what they meant in the ref report. I will post their response if I get one.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/5/2016  8:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I emailed them about the Afflalo call because I didn't understand what they meant in the ref report. I will post their response if I get one.

I would be shocked if they respond, but good on you for asking.

I didn't think they could review the out of bounds issue - especially since it said they were reviewing if it was a three or not. Which was BS, because he was well behind the line.

If that call cost us the playoffs, I'd be furious. As it stands, I guess it is pretty meaningless.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
4/6/2016  6:07 PM
^^^^No response from the nba.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/6/2016  7:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:^^^^No response from the nba.

You know what... I wrote the NBA a question about their website in regards to the DLeague and some outdated stats, they said they were no longer updating but it was nice to see a response. Did take them about a month.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
USA
4/6/2016  7:40 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:^^^^No response from the nba.

You know what... I wrote the NBA a question about their website in regards to the DLeague and some outdated stats, they said they were no longer updating but it was nice to see a response. Did take them about a month.

I'll keep checking then.
Gamethread: Playoff bound Indiana

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy