Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/30/2016  8:30 AM
martin wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:He played hard ball with many free agents last year and didn't overpay anyone.

Who did he play hard ball with? Don't say Monroe. Monroe said he thought Milwaukee had a better chance to be a winning team.

Monroe also reportedly was offered more money from the bucks.

Okay, that's one example if we believe that report. My memory is not that Phil low-balled free agents, it's that we couldn't get anyone to sign here so ended up having to take one year fliers on DWill and Afflalo. ROLO was a good signing - not a great signing, a solid, good signing.

I'm willing to give Phil a chance - not that I have any choice - but I can't believe that too many folks here are actually excited about the job he's done so far. KP has been a gift. Everything else has been so so. I am extremely worried about the head coach decision - I think that'll have a huge impact on free agency, too.

I really don't think there are too many folks that are actually excited about the job he's done.

Some understand it, some are OK with the circumstances around it, I really don't believe too many are excited.

Given the management **** we've experienced since the dawn of the IT era, it's just nice that we aren't having to be bailed out of shooting ourselves by the league office. Not exciting, but just calming. Walsh was practically knighted around here for managing to offload ECurry and JJ.

Phil gets a late first rounder for flotsam THJr, and nobody GAF. He just happens to end up with a phenom unicorn rookie 1st rounder instead of yet another standard Knick Draft night bust, and it's just a gift.

He hasn't signed the Al Harrington's and Jamal Crawford's of the world to deranged contracts, but who cares? The whole league has cap money. I guess we miss the days of overpaying 3rd level starphucques. I know I surely do miss the halcyon days of Starbles and StevieFranchise. And Bargs.

Rolo's playing out of his mind, and is a great player next to KP and Melo, but who GAF? He's not Greg Monroe, after all.

Look at the responses to nyknickzingis. Almost every other post has "why didn't Phil trade melo..."

Things may be comparative. I mean, I understand at least 50% of the geniuses on this board could do better GM'ing than Phil even as a part time job, but it is nice to know that for over 2 years, we haven't really had to deal with Little Man Issue Jimmie, the back page issues are handled and flushed, and an entire tear down and tank is in the rear view.

Of course, we should have tanked, dumped the whole roster WHILE playing .600 ball and making playoff runs, but hey, Phil's just learning about this league.

AUTOADVERT
I hate creating lame Gamethreads, Pelicans tonight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy