[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I hate creating lame Gamethreads, Pelicans tonight
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/28/2016  10:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/28/2016  10:24 PM
LOL - little kid just ran onto the court and hugged Melo and security didn't do jack. Melo can't buy a foul call.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/28/2016  10:26 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:Knicks are not using the offense to create easier shots. No cuts or motion and passing. Too much ISO and taking tough shots.

Maybe the plays they're running are predictable like the opposing teams have often said.

No they simply weren't running the offense. It was a lot of ISO stuff.

They weren't running the offense because the Pelicans were in their very obvious 1950s era passing lanes.

That's not it at all!!!

Well, at least they ditched the Triangle so they have a chance to win.

They haven't ditched the offense! They actually started to run it. I'm sad to see that after all this time people still don't recognize the offense!

Oh, I recognize the offense. It haunts my nightmares.

A big part of the offense is missing without guards that can attack the rim. We haven't been seeing the full offense. In fact no offense is going to look very good if you remove half of it.

Knicks should have a long talk with the guy who assembled this roster.

You think he isn't looking to improve the guards? Patience is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait! There was roster progress and they'll be looking for more this summer. Unless you expect everything to have been fixed in one summer. Very few teams have ever had so many holes filled in one summer. He did the best he could without locking himself into guys and having no future flexibility.
crzymdups
USA
3/28/2016  10:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/28/2016  10:34 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:Knicks are not using the offense to create easier shots. No cuts or motion and passing. Too much ISO and taking tough shots.

Maybe the plays they're running are predictable like the opposing teams have often said.

They weren't running the offense because the Pelicans were in their very obvious 1950s era passing lanes.

That's not it at all!!!

They haven't ditched the offense! They actually started to run it. I'm sad to see that after all this time people still don't recognize the offense!

A big part of the offense is missing without guards that can attack the rim. We haven't been seeing the full offense. In fact no offense is going to look very good if you remove half of it.

You think he isn't looking to improve the guards? Patience is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait! There was roster progress and they'll be looking for more this summer. Unless you expect everything to have been fixed in one summer. Very few teams have ever had so many holes filled in one summer. He did the best he could without locking himself into guys and having no future flexibility.

This is Phil's third summer. And the Knicks are not an attractive destination for guards in the this league. Because... wait for it... of the offense they run.

¿ △ ?
ScoreBot
3/28/2016  10:28 PM
4Q - 0:46
NOP 93 NYK 85
crzymdups
USA
3/28/2016  10:28 PM
LOL @ Rambis putting Rolo back in down 8 with 46 seconds to go. Let's run a post-up!
¿ △ ?
ScoreBot
3/28/2016  10:32 PM
4Q - 0:40
NOP 93 NYK 87
nixluva
USA
3/28/2016  10:32 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

That's not it at all!!!

This is Phil's third summer. And the Knicks are not an attractive destination for guards in the this league. Because... wait for it... of the offense they run.

Perhaps but we don't know that for sure. We'll see how things go this summer. I'm not worried about the offense being a reason some guard wouldn't take our money. It's a lame excuse to avoid the Knicks. This team is set up perfectly for a talented guard.

crzymdups
USA
3/28/2016  10:35 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

That's not it at all!!!

Perhaps but we don't know that for sure. We'll see how things go this summer. I'm not worried about the offense being a reason some guard wouldn't take our money. It's a lame excuse to avoid the Knicks. This team is set up perfectly for a talented guard.

Furthermore Phil CREATED the holes, by breaking up a team that won 54 games, had some injuries, finished 18-6 in 2013-14, he gave away Tyson, Felton, Shump, JR, Amar'e for nothing.

And you're talking about they had holes to fill? Yeah, you give away 5 of your top 7 players, you're gonna have some holes!

¿ △ ?
ScoreBot
3/28/2016  10:36 PM
4Q - 0:13
NOP 99 NYK 89
crzymdups
USA
3/28/2016  10:36 PM
Nixluva, riddle me this - why isn't Jerian Grant playing more than 9 minutes a game? If the Knicks so desperately need a guard?
¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/28/2016  10:38 PM
Embarrassing game to lose...no other way to put it.

Can't say that Grant was tearing it up on the court, but giving him only 10M in this kind of loss with Jose getting 30M makes little sense.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
ScoreBot
3/28/2016  10:40 PM
FINAL
NOP 99 NYK 91
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/28/2016  10:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/28/2016  10:46 PM
Lone bright spot as this poor close to the season (We're 10-24 in the second half of the season) continues is that Porzingis still continues to play well and have good games. Some very nice moments from him again. 16 points, 10 boards, 3 blocks tonight. Keep it up unicorn. As I said in another thread, if all we get out of this season was Porzingis improving as a player, developing, and he turns out to be special in the future (remains to be seen) then we'll look back at this season and reflect differently.

For now though, man Afflalo really really stunk it up tonight. We got nothing like usual from the guards. However it wasn't just that. Why the hell was this team consistently trying to feed Seraphin and Afflalo and Lopez in the post? This is not what we want to be doing. We want to get Melo in the post, yes. Maybe KP as he needs to develop and has shown some progress. Everyone else needs to stay the hell away from trying to post up. I saw the Triangle being run in Chicago and LA and there's no way they were posting up their scrubs. Why we post up our scrubs, I do not know. Rambis or next coach needs to insert a new rule. If you're not wide open, and the name on the back does not say Lopez/Porzingis/Anthony, you are not allowed to touch the ball in the post. Simple. This team keeps trying to feed guys in post ups in the 3rd quarter and killed the momentum of the offense. Melo also was ice cold. Obviously a good creating guard would help, as when that usually happens that's when your 2nd best shot creator goes to work off the dribble. We don't have that player, and until we get that player, same old same old.

However basketball IQ of this team astounds me. Force feeding weak post players is the worst part of trying to run this offense. The post player is supposed to utilize his position to keep the opposing team's anchor out of the paint and out of being able to anchor. What we do is feed the post up player, or even post up a wing, and it results in a weak play from Seraphin, Lopez or Afflalo.

crzymdups
USA
3/28/2016  10:45 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Lone bright spot as this poor close to the season (We're 10-24 in the second half of the season) continues is that Porzingis still continues to play well and have good games. Some very nice moments from him again. 16 points, 10 boards, 3 blocks tonight. Keep it up unicorn. As I said in another thread, if all we get out of this season was Porzingis improving as a player, developing, and he turns out to be special in the future (remains to be seen) then we'll look back at this season and reflect differently.

For now though, man Afflalo really really stunk it up tonight. We got nothing like usual from the guards. However it wasn't just that. Why the hell was this team consistently trying to feed Seraphin and Afflalo and Lopez in the post? This is not what we want to be doing. We want to get Melo in the post, yes. Maybe KP as he needs to develop and has shown some progress. Everyone else needs to stay the hell away from trying to post up. I saw the Triangle being run in Chicago and LA and there's no way they were posting up their scrubs. Why we post up our scrubs, I do not know.

I think they often result to the second and third and even fourth option in the offense because our guards are not good enough at creating the right passing angles to feed the first option.

This is what the defense wants - to force us into the secondary, tertiary, whatever plays in the Triangle. And the Knicks let it happen because they have no guards who can force the issue or create penetration.

Well, Jerian Grant can create penetration. The fact that he isn't playing at least 24min every single game is criminal. Rambis is a terrible coach.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/28/2016  10:47 PM
I thought Rambis had finally pulled Afflalo, but he just fouled out. Sasha instantly came in with better energy.

Afflalo is a slug. I'm so sick of him. Can we bench him so he opts out?

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
3/28/2016  10:55 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

That's not it at all!!!

Furthermore Phil CREATED the holes, by breaking up a team that won 54 games, had some injuries, finished 18-6 in 2013-14, he gave away Tyson, Felton, Shump, JR, Amar'e for nothing.

And you're talking about they had holes to fill? Yeah, you give away 5 of your top 7 players, you're gonna have some holes!

You seriously think it wasn't a good idea to remake this team? Why are you bringing up the old roster? This direction is VASTLY better than sticking with what we had. You have to open your mind to where this team can be and not get absorbed in the current state of things. This is actually year one of the rebuild. Going back to when Phil took over completely misses the point.

I'm very excited about the future of this team and wouldn't change back to the direction they were going. If you can't project even a little bit to see how things could develop then yeah staying stuck in the present situation would be bad. But we're not staying in this position. Progress is being made!

nyknickzingis

3/28/2016  10:57 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Lone bright spot as this poor close to the season (We're 10-24 in the second half of the season) continues is that Porzingis still continues to play well and have good games. Some very nice moments from him again. 16 points, 10 boards, 3 blocks tonight. Keep it up unicorn. As I said in another thread, if all we get out of this season was Porzingis improving as a player, developing, and he turns out to be special in the future (remains to be seen) then we'll look back at this season and reflect differently.

For now though, man Afflalo really really stunk it up tonight. We got nothing like usual from the guards. However it wasn't just that. Why the hell was this team consistently trying to feed Seraphin and Afflalo and Lopez in the post? This is not what we want to be doing. We want to get Melo in the post, yes. Maybe KP as he needs to develop and has shown some progress. Everyone else needs to stay the hell away from trying to post up. I saw the Triangle being run in Chicago and LA and there's no way they were posting up their scrubs. Why we post up our scrubs, I do not know.

I think they often result to the second and third and even fourth option in the offense because our guards are not good enough at creating the right passing angles to feed the first option.

This is what the defense wants - to force us into the secondary, tertiary, whatever plays in the Triangle. And the Knicks let it happen because they have no guards who can force the issue or create penetration.

Well, Jerian Grant can create penetration. The fact that he isn't playing at least 24min every single game is criminal. Rambis is a terrible coach.

Said many games ago, maybe right around when Rambis was hired ago, I wanted Fisher even knowing the losing was compounding to just focus on trying to develop Galloway and Grant. I liked that we signed Wroten. However there are a few things in play I think. It's about free agency. Rambis is not keeping his job. No way. If Rambis had led the team to the playoffs or close to, he would have. That was the clear objective. His record is 8-14? Not good enough. I think the reason we've played Afflalo, Jose, and tried to ignore development of Gallo/Grant is that we wanted to ensure we wind up in the 30's win wise. Free agents can then be sold on possibly joining a team that with their addition, KP's improvement, an all-star Melo, can be in the playoffs. Realistic for an all-star free agent to look at a possible 33 win Knick team and think if I joined this team, they'd be in the playoffs. I know being a 27 win team and 33 win team aren't all that big of a difference. However they can be come summer. How much did winning 17 games hurt us last summer? You can project a 33 win Knick team making the 10 win jump with a high quality free agent addition. KP improvement can add maybe even a few more to that. 45 wins may be possible.

Additionally as much as I dislike that we don't give Grant or Gallo long stretches consistently, I've found that neither plays very well with Porzingis, who is the key development piece with the starters. Say whatever you want about Jose, but he knows how to get Porzingis the ball. There's some flow to what they try to do and KP has developed some consistency this way. I think that would be missing if he were playing with Grant/Gallo, who are very erratic.

Really hope Phil can either coach himself or hire Luke. Luke will bring both Golden State offense and a different view point, as well as keep the Triangle within the game plan. Phil himself can coach at a very high level just on his way in dealing with players. Either would be a huge improvement over Rambis. I think Rambis is fine as an assistant. Just doesn't have that leadership quality a coach needs.

WaltLongmire

3/28/2016  11:01 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Which would better prove Rambis' value as a coach and help the team next season?

1) Winning a game or two with Jose playing 30MPG? OR

2) Giving Grant an unconditional 30MPG and letting him end the season feeling like he had accomplished something despite a tough run as a rookie?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

3/28/2016  11:05 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Said many games ago, maybe right around when Rambis was hired ago, I wanted Fisher even knowing the losing was compounding to just focus on trying to develop Galloway and Grant. I liked that we signed Wroten. However there are a few things in play I think. It's about free agency. Rambis is not keeping his job. No way. If Rambis had led the team to the playoffs or close to, he would have. That was the clear objective. His record is 8-14? Not good enough. I think the reason we've played Afflalo, Jose, and tried to ignore development of Gallo/Grant is that we wanted to ensure we wind up in the 30's win wise. Free agents can then be sold on possibly joining a team that with their addition, KP's improvement, an all-star Melo, can be in the playoffs. Realistic for an all-star free agent to look at a possible 33 win Knick team and think if I joined this team, they'd be in the playoffs. I know being a 27 win team and 33 win team aren't all that big of a difference. However they can be come summer. How much did winning 17 games hurt us last summer? You can project a 33 win Knick team making the 10 win jump with a high quality free agent addition. KP improvement can add maybe even a few more to that. 45 wins may be possible.

Additionally as much as I dislike that we don't give Grant or Gallo long stretches consistently, I've found that neither plays very well with Porzingis, who is the key development piece with the starters. Say whatever you want about Jose, but he knows how to get Porzingis the ball. There's some flow to what they try to do and KP has developed some consistency this way. I think that would be missing if he were playing with Grant/Gallo, who are very erratic.

Really hope Phil can either coach himself or hire Luke. Luke will bring both Golden State offense and a different view point, as well as keep the Triangle within the game plan. Phil himself can coach at a very high level just on his way in dealing with players. Either would be a huge improvement over Rambis. I think Rambis is fine as an assistant. Just doesn't have that leadership quality a coach needs.

Maybe...just maybe...Grant does not play as well with KP because he has so rarely been on the court with him for significant minutes.

Just a thought.

nyknickzingis

3/28/2016  11:06 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Which would better prove Rambis' value as a coach and help the team next season?

1) Winning a game or two with Jose playing 30MPG? OR

2) Giving Grant an unconditional 30MPG and letting him end the season feeling like he had accomplished something despite a tough run as a rookie?

I actually think giving young players unconditional playing time has never proven to be the right method. Quite the contrary. When a player hasn't shown he has it, you don't give him unlimited playing time to establish poor habits that carry on for years. Just a few weeks ago people were hard on Rambis for his limitation of Porzingis minutes and how he wanted KP to play. A few weeks later and KP is playing as well as he did at season's start, and playing smarter in regards to his shots. That's what you want to do. Even KP needed to learn that he couldn't keep settling for jumpshots outside.

To a different degree it's the same with Grant. He needs to learn he has to stop making poor passes with bad angles and holding onto the ball for too long. He's made some improvements in these departments. I don't love his game or hate it. I think he'll become reliable with time.

I hate creating lame Gamethreads, Pelicans tonight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy