[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Chicago! Away today, home tomorrow.
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/23/2016  10:35 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Porzingis had already shown me enough to not be surprised when he plays like this, but the guy I'm very happy about is Jerian Grant. He's starting to play consistently well on offense. He makes rookie mistakes all the time, as a point guard will never lose the tendency to overdribble, but his shot and attacking the basket has become very effective and consistent. He looks like a legitimate backup guard now. On the other hand, Langston Galloway has really regressed as the season has progressed.

If Grant dedicates the offseason to his jumpshot, and we don't sign one of the better point guards in free agency, I think he has a chance to be our starter next season. However he has to work hard on his jumpshot, because he can drive like no other player on this team. Need that jumpshot from outside to keep defenses honest. I still like him as a draft pick.

Grant is supposed to have a tremendous work ethic. One of the broadcasters recently was talking about how much extra work he puts in to improve his game. He definitely should be a guy tat ges consistent minutes in the rotation next year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/23/2016  10:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Porzingis had already shown me enough to not be surprised when he plays like this, but the guy I'm very happy about is Jerian Grant. He's starting to play consistently well on offense. He makes rookie mistakes all the time, as a point guard will never lose the tendency to overdribble, but his shot and attacking the basket has become very effective and consistent. He looks like a legitimate backup guard now. On the other hand, Langston Galloway has really regressed as the season has progressed.

If Grant dedicates the offseason to his jumpshot, and we don't sign one of the better point guards in free agency, I think he has a chance to be our starter next season. However he has to work hard on his jumpshot, because he can drive like no other player on this team. Need that jumpshot from outside to keep defenses honest. I still like him as a draft pick.

Grant is supposed to have a tremendous work ethic. One of the broadcasters recently was talking about how much extra work he puts in to improve his game. He definitely should be a guy tat ges consistent minutes in the rotation next year.

I believe it because I see his 3 ball. It looks mechanical and a set shot, but way better than 3 months ago. He's been working on it, clearly. After the all-star break he's been shooting virtually 50 percent from the field, which is fantastic for a guard. He always had explosive driving ability. I think Patrick Beverly was a player I compared he could become like when we drafted him, and I think he will reach that level in a year or two if he keeps working hard.

I know lots of people hate Jose. I don't. He's a guy that hits the 3 ball pretty well. He constantly looks for teammates. His defensive effort has been much better in recent games. If paired with a better guard to work with than his current options, I think his weaknesses are hidden. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him playing 36 minutes a night for us. I'd like to see him play around 20 for us. He brings good stuff on the floor from what I've seen. The guys that I feel less and less for as the season has worn down, are Afflalo and Galloway. Neither guy passes enough or makes their shots at a good enough a rate to play the way they do. To Afflalo's credit, off the bench, he is more of an asset than liability.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/23/2016  10:45 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I believe it because I see his 3 ball. It looks mechanical and a set shot, but way better than 3 months ago. He's been working on it, clearly. After the all-star break he's been shooting virtually 50 percent from the field, which is fantastic for a guard. He always had explosive driving ability. I think Patrick Beverly was a player I compared he could become like when we drafted him, and I think he will reach that level in a year or two if he keeps working hard.

I know lots of people hate Jose. I don't. He's a guy that hits the 3 ball pretty well. He constantly looks for teammates. His defensive effort has been much better in recent games. If paired with a better guard to work with than his current options, I think his weaknesses are hidden. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him playing 36 minutes a night for us. I'd like to see him play around 20 for us. He brings good stuff on the floor from what I've seen. The guys that I feel less and less for as the season has worn down, are Afflalo and Galloway. Neither guy passes enough or makes their shots at a good enough a rate to play the way they do. To Afflalo's credit, off the bench, he is more of an asset than liability.

it takes him 10 minutes to get it off but I do agree that it looks more promising.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/23/2016  10:47 PM

I've felt all along that much of Grant's problem as a jump shooter is in his head...and confidence comes with playing time and encouragement from coaches and teammates. I actually think his shooting is OK.

He has to rediscover his ND "floor leader" persona and play like that with the Knicks- I just hope he has the opportunity to do so.

I don't understand why he isn't playing 30+MPG the rest of the season.

I can't figure out Gallo, but I think he is more of a catch and shoot player, and not the combo guard he seems to be with the Knicks.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/23/2016  10:47 PM
Yeah the release is so slow.
He is taking open shots, which is the only time I want him shooting 3's anyway. Can't have a good offense when your perimeter players can't take or make 3's. The good thing about his speed is that if defenses close in fast, he can just fake the 3 and drive into the teeth of the defense. Of our guards (and this isn't saying much) he is definitely the one with the most potential to match up with NBA level speed, athleticism and skill requirement.
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

3/24/2016  12:31 AM
Glad to see KP had a great game, one of his best of the season in fact (I still say the game he had @ the Spurs was his best). I'd love to see him finish the season strong.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/24/2016  12:41 AM

First time all season I saw him keep his dribble in the paint and pull it back out very nicely.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/24/2016  1:21 AM
martin wrote:

First time all season I saw him keep his dribble in the paint and pull it back out very nicely.

Yeah I noticed that too and I was very happy to see him not give up his dribble and all his options with it. Jerian IMO has suffered the most from overthinking and freezing due to being overwhelmed with trying to do the right thing but not simply playing ball and using his natural instincts. I still like his talent and I think when he comes back next year he'll be much more ready to play up to his real potential.
martin
USA
3/24/2016  1:26 AM
Hahn in post game: RoLo averaging 14 and 10 in 30 minutes since all star break. Nice
martin
USA
3/24/2016  1:42 AM
martin wrote:Hahn in post game: RoLo averaging 14 and 10 in 30 minutes since all star break. Nice

Speaking of Greg Monroe, post all star: 13 and 8.5

Gudris
Member: #6213

3/24/2016  7:01 AM
If KP play like this every game next season, we are going to playoffs 100%
blkexec
Member: #748
3/24/2016  7:08 AM
martin wrote:
martin wrote:Hahn in post game: RoLo averaging 14 and 10 in 30 minutes since all star break. Nice

There are fans that will still take Monroe over Rolo.....at the same price.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
USA
3/24/2016  10:32 AM
Gudris wrote:If KP play like this every game next season, we are going to playoffs 100%

I thought KP's performance was GREAT but not the type of 1-off game that he won't have again. 2 years from now, IMHO, this will be his day-in day-out. Next year, baring injury, this will be a weekly thing.

martin
USA
3/24/2016  10:33 AM
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:

There are fans that will still take Monroe over Rolo.....at the same price.

Rolo's game has improved, that's all you can ask of him. And if he can get a freakin jumper out to 15 feet, I can envision he and KP being integral pieces on a team that can make it deep into playoffs.

Chicago! Away today, home tomorrow.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy