[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wizards retain Etan Thomas
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/28/2004  10:41 AM
Who thinks the Wizards will be one of the surprise teams? All of their young players are a year older--they added Antwan Jamison and Peter Ramos for a player who only played 20 games last year.

this line up looks pretty good

C- Thomas
PF Brown
SF Jamison
SG Hughes
PG Arenas
C Haywood Ramos
PF Jefferies
SF Hayes
PG Blake

anyone think this team is better than the knicks?
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/28/2004  10:44 AM
I think they will be definatley better than last year....getting rid of Stackhouse will help the team IMO. Depends on if they can stay healthy, their young guys continue to improve and they develop some sort of chemistry.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/28/2004  10:45 AM
this may be the case where the sum does not equal the value of the parts. didn't arenas and jamison have problems in golden state? and they both need to have the ball to be effective. there are alot of question marks on this team. they need to get out of the gate really quick or it could disintegrate big time.
CTKnicksfan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #572
7/28/2004  10:50 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

anyone think this team is better than the knicks?

Not better than the Knicks, probably on the same level or a step below but should be good enough in the East to challenge for a playoff spot.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/28/2004  11:32 AM
hard to judge at this point with so many unkown variables

i hope mike sweetney gets a prominent role--thats my main hope for this team if he thrives into anything close to a 20-10 player and trevor ariza can improve the fastbreak off the bench and play stellar defense to me--it goes a long way. i will be severely dissapointed if the knicks acquire walker and play him in front of sweetney. i really do think we can grab wagner for harrington and its worthy low risk play. that would be adding 3 young solid players who can move up and down the court without swapping and taking on all of these contracts. id rather just sit and add where we can and not add any long term contracts let the sht contracts run out or just waive guys like norris. its to bad we just didnt waive weatherspoon. we have zero need for norris
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/28/2004  11:39 AM
the problem is the Wiz dont defend well, and the guards dont make anyone better. Nobody can question Arena's talent, but he doesnt make guys better (yet).

I think the "this may be the case where the sum does not equal the value of the parts." sums it up best. They certainly have nice pieces moving forward, and the Jamison trade to me a coup (except he's a 4, no way around it). What they really need is a floor leader that gets everyone involved. If they could do that I think they would be sick.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/28/2004  11:55 AM
Posted by Andrew:

I think they will be definatley better than last year....getting rid of Stackhouse will help the team IMO. Depends on if they can stay healthy, their young guys continue to improve and they develop some sort of chemistry.

I was gonna say the same thing exactly.....

They could make things interesting in the East.

Well if the Bucks can't get Etan then can the Knicks send them KT for someone? That could be a possible deal to get a future draft pick or something to open up a roster spot.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Wizards retain Etan Thomas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy