[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

TT to CHI rumor???
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/28/2004  4:25 PM
whats the better deal? Twan Jamison? Walker? Reason I say all this is my brother in law follows the Bulls like I follow the Knicks. While they recognize the upside Crawford and Chandler has the Bulls and Bulls fans are ready to start winning games. Seeing teams like Det win a title by mostly adding veteran players only fuels those feelings.

Remember the Bulls traded Brad Miller, Artest and Mercer for Jalen freakin Rose and they did it for one reason... they needed someone who could close games and win in the NBA. The Bulls arent short on prospects, and TT isnt exactly and old guy.

This all is totally hypothetical but when you see what teams have been dishing out $$$wise this offseason you can see getting solid veterans have been a priority.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/28/2004  4:34 PM
why would we do this though?? obviously we are building to compete and win now. while it would be a good deal, who would fill in at SF? while ariza has shown great promise, hes hardly ready to start. can sweetney play SF?

i really wish we still had camby, he played nicely at SF.

[Edited by - jaydh on 07/28/2004 16:36:07]
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/28/2004  4:38 PM
NY trades TT, Othella, Shandon, Deke, Nazr, Frank & cash considerations
NY gets Crawford, ERob, JYD, Dampier & Eschmeyer

- Knicks fill 2 most important holes on the team (C & backup SG) & get 2 athletic players for the bench who can fill a role as well

CHI trades Crawford, ERob, JYD, Pippen & 2nd round pick
CHI gets TT, Othella, Shandon, Frank

- TT is a big upgrade at SF over Pippen & ERob, & Frank gives Hinrich a good, young backup...Othella fills Fizer's role

GS trades Dampier & Eschmeyer
GS gets Deke, Nazr, Pippen, CHI's 2nd round pick & cash considerations from NY

- Nazr becomes Troy Murphy's backup at PF & the rest are expiring contracts w/which Mullin can make deals w/at the trade deadline if he so chooses

C - Dampier / Baker
PF - KT / Sweetney / JYD
SF - Penny / ERob
SG - Houston / DerMarr or Ariza
PG - Marbury / Crawford / Moochie
IR - Ariza or DerMarr / Eschmeyer

then maybe you can use KT to trade for Walker, & then you could play him at SF?

[Edited by - TMS on 07/28/2004 16:39:47]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
jaydh
Member: #96
7/28/2004  4:42 PM
yea then sign keon to the LLE for insurace at PF/C.

the only thing i dont like is penny in the SL.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/28/2004  4:47 PM
yeah well, we gotta give up some talent to get talent...i think that team is more balanced than last year's though.

it will never happen obviously, since a crazy deal like that would be too hard to arrange, but i think all the teams pretty much make out OK in that trade.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/28/2004  4:51 PM
Posted by jaydh:

why would we do this though?? obviously we are building to compete and win now. while it would be a good deal, who would fill in at SF? while ariza has shown great promise, hes hardly ready to start. can sweetney play SF?

I would do this because it gives you a nice core moving forward. As for who plays the 3 short term is Penny. The Bulls have tried Tyson there, his lack of scoring and ball handling made it a problem. I think Sweetney is too big, but Anthony Mason did start there for the better part of 4 years.

Its a totally future geared move, but I think it still leaves us in the playoffs because of our salary and depth. I would think Isiah could make a follow up trade, but even if not your looking a line up like this:

Marbury
Houston
Penny
Kurt
Nazr
bench: Crawford, Frank W, Chandler, Sweetney

You can see the 2nd unit is clearly a solid core for the future. Hopefully you could package some combo of Frank, Kurt, Nazr, Deke, Othella, whatever for a solid center. Dampier, BigZ, whatever.

Its an interesting scenario, nothing more
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
7/28/2004  4:52 PM
Posted by jaydh:

[Edited by - jaydh on 07/28/2004 16:36:07]

Sweetney cannot play SF. Neither could Camby.

I think it's VERY risky to trade Tim Thomas, unless getting Damps is part of the equation. I can't think of anyone other than Portland who would want Tim. He's underrated because of his contract.

SI.com posted an article a few weeks ago about players in the league with the best mid-range jumpers in response to Detroit winning the title with great team defense and an offense that was HEAVILY dependent on the mid-range game (specifically Rip Hamilton). Anyway, the point is, Tim Thomas was TOP FIVE in the league in mid-range jump shooting. This kid is VERY good. I love the way he played once he came to the Knicks. I would not give him up unless the Knicks were getting a definite starter in return.

¿ △ ?
MS
Member: #724
7/28/2004  4:53 PM
Tim Thomas, Frank Williams, Deke, to Toronto for Vince Carter and Alvin Williams, this deal works, and I would do the deal if the Dampier trade would go through. And then sign Keon Clark, that would be best case scenario, and would allow the knicks when healthy to start Marbury, Houston, Vince, Kurt Thomas, and Dampier, and have sweet, williams, penny, baker, and keon off the bench. That team could take out anyone in the East, Vince Carter thrives when he can defer to another star, and would make the knicks unguardable, considering Carter and Marbury's first step......The Raptors would gain serious flexibility with two expiring contracts, and TT only having a year left....Any thoughts?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/28/2004  5:06 PM
Well, there's no way Golden State will trade us Dampier at this point and there's also no way that Toronto would accept that trade. They need to get a star back for Carter, not just flexibility. And if they were looking for flexibility, why not just take Walker who expires this year and is also a psuedo-star? I don't see the Knicks getting either Carter or Dampier (there's a SMALL chance Damps is forced to take the MLE from NYK if he ignores the ATL offer, but it's SMALL).
¿ △ ?
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/28/2004  7:17 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by VDesai:

If TT were involved in a a deal with the Bulls, we better start talking about Crawford+Tyson Chandler.

how could u possibly say TT is of equal value to even one of those players

He is likely referring to the scope of a package that the inclusion of TT would need to result in. TT is still young, athletic, and has decent skills. A year from now he will have a large expiring contract. Consequently, he has value on multiple levels.

Exactly Rich. Look at this way...we were talking about getting Crawford without giving up any starters...and beyond that only really giving up one of our rotation players (that being Shandon). If we're gonna start spicing up the package by including a starter we'll need to get more than Crawford and bad contracts. Tim and our expiring contracts would yield them a starting level player and money relief...would getting Crawford+bad contracts in return be enough for that sort of package?

I would think we'd be looking to get another player of value in return if we offered that kind of deal. I'm sure they would at least be willing to listen to offers for Chandler...he hasn't been able to stay healthy or put up good numbers on a consistent basis yet.
BRIGGS
Member: #303
7/28/2004  9:39 PM
you dont have to worry about the Bulls needing a SF they are signing an italian player to a 3 year 10mm$ contract and they have Luol Deng-they also have other guys like linton johnson not even being mentioned. believe me tim thomas isnt going to the bulls and the deal for crawford is probably flatlined. We will likely need a new strategy because i would believe the Bulls are going to move forward--the knicks need to as well.
RIP Crushalot😞
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
7/28/2004  10:59 PM
DO you mean that Noicioni or guy? I think he's from Argentina.

But I wouldn't like to trade TT yet. I want to see if he does anything to prove himself. Unless TT could be traded for someone like Carter ( which I don't think would happen)I say keep TT for a season
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
7/29/2004  7:30 PM
Andres Nocioni - Argentinian
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/30/2004  12:28 AM
Yor negativity amazes me! Why so focused on making this deal look like a dead one? If it dies, well, it doesn't break our offseason, but while there's still a chance for the deal to happen I'll keep expecting the best.
Knicks_Fan
TT to CHI rumor???

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy