[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How much is Rondo going to go off for tonight?
Author Thread
ScoreBot
3/20/2016  9:46 PM
FINAL
NYK 80 SAC 88
AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/20/2016  9:47 PM
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:Can someone give me an explanation as to why firing Rambis was a good decision? I need to get into an argument as to why this persistence on a triangle culture with our assets is a good thing?

The idea is to continue to add better talent! Players that can do more than the guys we currently have and thus run the offense better! You know like other good teams that also use the Triangle do. Teams like the Spurs and Bulls under Thibs.

Because they have the players for it! Ya think if we trade squads with those teams it would be the same? We should be building as we go and modifying the system to fit the personell not the other way around especially in our current predicament.
The Future is Bright!
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

3/20/2016  9:53 PM
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:Can someone give me an explanation as to why firing Rambis was a good decision? I need to get into an argument as to why this persistence on a triangle culture with our assets is a good thing?

The idea is to continue to add better talent! Players that can do more than the guys we currently have and thus run the offense better! You know like other good teams that also use the Triangle do. Teams like the Spurs and Bulls under Thibs.

Because they have the players for it! Ya think if we trade squads with those teams it would be the same? We should be building as we go and modifying the system to fit the personell not the other way around especially in our current predicament.

When we have Calderon, AA, and Anthony as your starting 1/2/3, you have 3 of the slower guys at their relative positions in the entire NBA, and I could be wrong, but these are the positions where players are supposed to be cutting and moving all the time...No?

AA has his moments in terms of movement, but he has slowed down, and his posting up has contributed to the stagnation in our offense.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
mreinman
Member: #3189

3/20/2016  9:58 PM
nixluva wrote:

like the bs that you did there

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/20/2016  9:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/20/2016  10:03 PM
The positive is that Grant plays well and continues to show he's improved. He's shooting 49% after the all-star break. Way up. Good close to the season for him. Looks like someone you want to bring back another year and give him minutes as the backup PG or possibly even starting 2 guard (With AA off the bench) if we can sign a point guard. 2 months ago Grant looked like D-League. Now he looks NBA legit.

Porzingis has been missing a ton of his open looks, and his back to the basket game in this one looked better than his spot ups. Quite a difference in the start of the season and now, when you would say the opposite in most games. He missed virtually every one of his spot ups tonight. Another off night from outside. Positive was his defensive energy was good and his back to the basket game looked more fluid. One thing that has definitely improved with Porzingis under Rambis has been his back to the basket game. Just post positioning, running up the floor and posting up quick, a couple of other things. Downside is his jumper is missing in action, but that isn't on coaching, it's on KP to make those open looks.

Lopez is being way too aggressive on offense. Monster game on the glass. Didn't like his game on offense. Way too many isolations and too many quick shot attempts from outside the low post. In a way I guess we're seeing him improve as a ball player try to stretch his limits a bit. Robin Lopez historically hasn't been someone you can rely on to create his own basket, but for us he has been. I like him as a player. Want him back next year.

One thing that's infected this team has been the playoff let down. At 22-22 they were all happy about pushing for the playoffs and Afflalo guaranteed they can get there. Since then the losing streak, you see them not have that same focus throughout games. They've given up on the season. Tough place to get wins from.

Rambis has been a massive failure and a consistency with what he did in Minnesota. The one positive in this losing is that I'm confident Rambis will not be back. Big question is who will coach. I would have shot down Phil Jackson coaching a year or two ago. If Phil isn't very high on giving Luke a chance or if Luke doesn't want the job, then I think Phil will step in himself for a season or two.

Last positive for tonight. When Grant played well, we saw what this team would look like with a good guard. Grant wasn't even at point guard some times. He was in at 2. I'm fine with Grant being a 2, and us bringing in someone else at 1. We need 2 ballhandling guards that can penetrate a defense and pass, while the other can penetrate and shoot from outside. Whatever happens with Melo, happens. It's essential we improve our guard skill/level on both ends. I think there's lots of room for improvement in wins. If this is a 30 win roster with these guards, it's a 45 win roster with some starting caliber guards and a year older KP.

mreinman
Member: #3189

3/20/2016  10:02 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:The positive is that Grant plays well and continues to show he's improved. He's shooting 49% after the all-star break. Way up. Good close to the season for him. Looks like someone you want to bring back another year.

Porzingis has been missing a ton of his looks, and his back to the basket game in this one looked better than his spot ups. Quite a difference in the start of the season and now, when you would say the opposite in most games. He missed virtually every one of his spot ups tonight. Another off night from outside. Positive was his defensive energy was good and his back to the basket game looked more fluid.

Lopez is being way too aggressive on offense. Monster game on the glass. Didn't like his game on offense. Way too many isolations and too many quick shot attempts from outside the low post. In a way I guess we're seeing him improve as a ball player try to stretch his limits a bit. Robin Lopez historically hasn't been someone you can rely on to create his own basket, but for us he has been. I like him as a player. Want him back next year.

One thing that's infected this team has been the playoff let down. At 22-22 they were all happy about pushing for the playoffs and Afflalo guaranteed they can get there. Since then the losing streak, you see them not have that same focus throughout games. They've given up on the season. Tough place to get wins from.

Rambis has been a massive failure and a consistency with what he did in Minnesota. The one positive in this losing is that I'm confident Rambis will not be back. Big question is who will coach. I would have shot down Phil Jackson coaching a year or two ago. If Phil isn't very high on giving Luke a chance or if Luke doesn't want the job, then I think Phil will step in himself for a season or two.

Last positive for tonight. When Grant played well, we saw what this team would look like with a good guard. Grant wasn't even at point guard some times. He was in at 2. I'm fine with Grant being a 2, and us bringing in someone else at 1. We need 2 ballhandling guards that can penetrate a defense and pass, while the other can penetrate and shoot from outside.

well done sir!

even fair about my boy lopez and the horrible over usage of post ups and gross-iso's.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/20/2016  11:27 PM
mreinman wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:The positive is that Grant plays well and continues to show he's improved. He's shooting 49% after the all-star break. Way up. Good close to the season for him. Looks like someone you want to bring back another year.

Porzingis has been missing a ton of his looks, and his back to the basket game in this one looked better than his spot ups. Quite a difference in the start of the season and now, when you would say the opposite in most games. He missed virtually every one of his spot ups tonight. Another off night from outside. Positive was his defensive energy was good and his back to the basket game looked more fluid.

Last positive for tonight. When Grant played well, we saw what this team would look like with a good guard. Grant wasn't even at point guard some times. He was in at 2. I'm fine with Grant being a 2, and us bringing in someone else at 1. We need 2 ballhandling guards that can penetrate a defense and pass, while the other can penetrate and shoot from outside.

well done sir!

even fair about my boy lopez and the horrible over usage of post ups and gross-iso's.

This has a lot to do with the talents of the players we have. Very few are put the ball on the floor and create types. You get a lot of Post ups when you have a lot of post up players and guys that aren't good at attacking the basket off drives and cuts. And yes Phil added these players but can we at least admit his options were pretty limited last summer and he got what he could and left his options open for this summer. Also we're trying to develop Jerian, Gallo, KP etc. It's a process.

You'll get different things when the best players on your team are your perimeter players. The more aggressively your guards and wings are offensively then you will see different things from this offense. It's just amazing to me how some just don't see this. You really have to use your head and recognize that it's our guards and wings that can make the biggest difference between wins and losses.

As nyknickzingis wrote above we need our guards and wings to perform at a higher level. Whether that comes from our current young guards improving or adding guys this summer, the point is that we need better performances from our perimeter players. If not it negates most of the important aspects of the system.

How much is Rondo going to go off for tonight?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy