WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

3/14/2016  12:37 AM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:After that brutal first half the 4th Quarter was amazing. Nice to see Melo play like that. Gives me hope for the next season. He just had that extra gear when it mattered. You wonder whether he still has that some times, but in a big setting (last game against Kobe) he stepped up.

Considering the Knicks were without their 2nd best player I am happy we won this one. We didn't shoot the ball well at all. However liked the job we did on Russell. Russell had been tearing it up against many teams this past few weeks and we completely shut him down.

their second best player is lopez and its not close

Lopez's PER, On/Off stats, all would disagree with you. Don't get me wrong though, I'm a big Lopez fan. He's a guy who I think is extremely underrated and was a very good Phil Jackson FA signing. However KP's our 2nd shot creator, our biggest mismatch out of Melo. Randle and Bass were getting easy looks inside due to DWill. If KP plays this game, Randle/Bass struggle more. Too many easy looks for them.

PER is not a respected stat but WS is and lopez' WS has been just flying compared to where he was after his early struggles.

Also, Rolo does one thing that is crucial and the only knick who can do it. SET A DECENT PICK!

KP is nowhere near ROLO right now and KP is really not a good shot creator right now.

Anyone who thinks that Rolo is not the second best Knick this season needs some glasses and some analytics 101 courses.

Lopez has come on very strong, and the amazing thing is that I think he can be even better on the offensive end of the court if the team works to get him the ball in optimal situations more consistently.

His contract is looking better and better, and will look even better with the inflated contracts we will soon see.

Time to resurrect that famous Briggs thread about Monroe and Lopez.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/14/2016  12:38 AM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:After that brutal first half the 4th Quarter was amazing. Nice to see Melo play like that. Gives me hope for the next season. He just had that extra gear when it mattered. You wonder whether he still has that some times, but in a big setting (last game against Kobe) he stepped up.

Considering the Knicks were without their 2nd best player I am happy we won this one. We didn't shoot the ball well at all. However liked the job we did on Russell. Russell had been tearing it up against many teams this past few weeks and we completely shut him down.

Lopez's PER, On/Off stats, all would disagree with you. Don't get me wrong though, I'm a big Lopez fan. He's a guy who I think is extremely underrated and was a very good Phil Jackson FA signing. However KP's our 2nd shot creator, our biggest mismatch out of Melo. Randle and Bass were getting easy looks inside due to DWill. If KP plays this game, Randle/Bass struggle more. Too many easy looks for them.

PER is not a respected stat but WS is and lopez' WS has been just flying compared to where he was after his early struggles.

Also, Rolo does one thing that is crucial and the only knick who can do it. SET A DECENT PICK!

KP is nowhere near ROLO right now and KP is really not a good shot creator right now.

Anyone who thinks that Rolo is not the second best Knick this season needs some glasses and some analytics 101 courses.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/14/2016  12:39 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Lopez has come on very strong, and the amazing thing is that I think he can be even better on the offensive end of the court if the team works to get him the ball in optimal situations more consistently.

His contract is looking better and better, and will look even better with the inflated contracts we will soon see.

I don't think that it should be me that bumps that idiotic regurg post but I am all for it being bump (hint hint)

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/14/2016  12:40 AM
mreinman wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I'm probably in the minority with this, but as the season has winded down, I've become more and more accepting of what Jose can do and what he brings to the table on offense. I feel our bigger weakness is at 2 guard. We need a shot maker there, badly. Jose has good chemistry with many of the guys and his IQ is very obvious. I constantly see a big let down in the offensive execution when Jose sits. I'n not a Jose fan, it's just something I've noticed. I think we're a very good ballhandling guard away from being a playoff lock, but I'm open to it being a 2 or a 1 guard. In the offense we run, I think a 2 guard who can drive, shoot/pull up, spot up, pass, initiate an offense is just as valuable as a traditional point guard. I'm thinking of who would be available in free agency, and Batum comes to mind obviously. So does Fournier, although he is restricted. Eric Gordon's another interesting free agent we may want to look at if it's not at max money.

he would have to be a star on offense to make up for his PUTRID dee. His offense has been weak at best.

2 guard may be a bigger problem but that just show how glaringly bad our back court is.

For me it's gotta be a couple of 2 way guards. They may not be the greatest offensively but if both guards could be real solid defenders it would make a huge difference. That starting D can be huge if they can upgrade the lateral quickness and length.

On offense the instincts need to be there. Just basic smart decision making. No hesitation if the defense overplays the post feed. Reverse that thing, call for a screen or dribble to move the D and get a better angle. Push the damn ball and probe the defense as often as possible!

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/14/2016  12:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/14/2016  12:44 AM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I'm probably in the minority with this, but as the season has winded down, I've become more and more accepting of what Jose can do and what he brings to the table on offense. I feel our bigger weakness is at 2 guard. We need a shot maker there, badly. Jose has good chemistry with many of the guys and his IQ is very obvious. I constantly see a big let down in the offensive execution when Jose sits. I'n not a Jose fan, it's just something I've noticed. I think we're a very good ballhandling guard away from being a playoff lock, but I'm open to it being a 2 or a 1 guard. In the offense we run, I think a 2 guard who can drive, shoot/pull up, spot up, pass, initiate an offense is just as valuable as a traditional point guard. I'm thinking of who would be available in free agency, and Batum comes to mind obviously. So does Fournier, although he is restricted. Eric Gordon's another interesting free agent we may want to look at if it's not at max money.

he would have to be a star on offense to make up for his PUTRID dee. His offense has been weak at best.

2 guard may be a bigger problem but that just show how glaringly bad our back court is.

For me it's gotta be a couple of 2 way guards. They may not be the greatest offensively but if both guards could be real solid defenders it would make a huge difference. That starting D can be huge if they can upgrade the lateral quickness and length.

On offense the instincts need to be there. Just basic smart decision making. No hesitation if the defense overplays the post feed. Reverse that thing, call for a screen or dribble to move the D and get a better angle. Push the damn ball and probe the defense as often as possible!

What I'm seeing more and more of is that Gallo/Grant make tons of poor passes and poor decisions and set up the offense way out of wack too often. Jose is very consistent and gets guys to get their shots or to be in better spots to get their shots. I would love to have seen what this team would look like with DeRozan next year, but we won't have a shot at him or any top free agent all-star realistically. While not a superstar of the Lebron/Durant mold, he's got the athleticism, the ballhandling, driving and mid-range shooting skills that would make the offense work. He can also get out on the break and finish. We'd be a very very different team if we could upgrade from Afflalo/Sasha/Gallo to DeRozan. Defensively as well, DeRozan adds team speed. Don't think DeRozan leaves the Raptors and that 5th year of guaranteed max money.

mreinman
Member: #3189

3/14/2016  12:51 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

What I'm seeing more and more of is that Gallo/Grant make tons of poor passes and poor decisions and set up the offense way out of wack too often. Jose is very consistent and gets guys to get their shots or to be in better spots to get their shots. I would love to have seen what this team would look like with DeRozan next year, but we won't have a shot at him or any top free agent all-star realistically. While not a superstar of the Lebron/Durant mold, he's got the athleticism, the ballhandling, driving and mid-range shooting skills that would make the offense work. He can also get out on the break and finish. We'd be a very very different team if we could upgrade from Afflalo/Sasha/Gallo to DeRozan. Defensively as well, DeRozan adds team speed. Don't think DeRozan leaves the Raptors and that 5th year of guaranteed max money.

mini melo is good but we already have a melo and he is trying to change his ways. Do we need mini melo to remind him of his selfish past?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nyknickzingis

3/14/2016  1:07 AM
The goal would be to have them both play like Melo is playing now - which is a player who looks to set himself in scoring position but also always aware and ready to make the pass to the open teammate. If Phil got Melo to move the ball, I'm sure he'd convince DeRozan to do that.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/14/2016  1:27 AM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

The number of true two way guards in the NBA is pretty low. Besides Jimmy Butler, who are we talking about?

¿ △ ?
yellowboy90

3/14/2016  1:32 AM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

The number of true two way guards in the NBA is pretty low. Besides Jimmy Butler, who are we talking about?

Christmas paul, Westbrook, lowry, and I think Middleton is getting there.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/14/2016  1:33 AM
We absolutely deserved to lose that game. That was an AWFUL performance to an essential D league team and only last second heroics and luck pulled it out.
RIP Crushalot😞
93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
3/14/2016  2:02 AM
BRIGGS wrote:We absolutely deserved to lose that game. That was an AWFUL performance to an essential D league team and only last second heroics and luck pulled it out.

An Immoral Victory

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
crzymdups
USA
3/14/2016  2:08 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Christmas paul, Westbrook, lowry, and I think Middleton is getting there.

Middleton is great on D, though his offense is inconsistent. But him I agree about.

CP3 and Lowry maybe.

I love Westbrook but I this his D is overrated these days.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/14/2016  2:08 AM
BRIGGS wrote:We absolutely deserved to lose that game. That was an AWFUL performance to an essential D league team and only last second heroics and luck pulled it out.

Guess that makes up for some of the games they deserved to win but lost.

¿ △ ?
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

3/14/2016  8:27 AM

D League team? What do you mean? They were made up of excellent cant miss former 1st round draft picks. Exactly what you love.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nyknickzingis

3/14/2016  9:27 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

D League team? What do you mean? They were made up of excellent cant miss former 1st round draft picks. Exactly what you love.

Yeah and the Lakers actually have been winning some games recently. They beat Warriors just last week. The crowd was into it as were the players. They really wanted to win that game. Knicks defended the Lakers well. However our guys couldn't hit a shot and kept settling for outside looks.
yellowboy90

3/14/2016  11:01 AM
Do you think the Lakers would trade Williams for Calderon to dump salary or trade him for a 2nd rd pick? Would it take more?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/14/2016  12:39 PM
One thing the Knicks did that was classy was to not to treat the dramatic win like it was a big deal and start celebrating, especially Calderon. Nice way to show Kobe some respects as he retires.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/14/2016  1:32 PM
mreinman wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I don't think that it should be me that bumps that idiotic regurg post but I am all for it being bump (hint hint)

I actually thought you guys were just being irritable colons, then I saw this...

BRIGGS We absolutely deserved to lose that game. That was an AWFUL performance to an essential D league team and only last second heroics and luck pulled it out.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/14/2016  2:39 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

They had a team out there of Huertes Nance Bass W Peace and L Williams sprinkled in with Ryan Kelly. If they stayed with Lou Williams at the end of the game--we lose.

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
USA
3/14/2016  4:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

They had a team out there of Huertes Nance Bass W Peace and L Williams sprinkled in with Ryan Kelly. If they stayed with Lou Williams at the end of the game--we lose.

D'Angelo Russell has been lighting it on fire lately. So have Randle and Clarkson. They're a bad team, sure. But they did also just blow out the Warriors about a week ago.

¿ △ ?
Game Thread: LAL vs NYK

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy