[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread - Knicks @ Clippers - Sasha's Homecoming
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

3/12/2016  1:02 AM
The team had zero legs thanks to Rambideau.
AUTOADVERT
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

3/12/2016  1:03 AM
Seriously we're only a good defensive point guard away from being a playoff team the way they're playing recently. We get killed by point guard penetration late in games and it costs us close games. I see improvement.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

I missed Grant but oh well. Lets play Jose 38 minutes.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
TPercy wrote:Why did we hire Rambis? what kind of stupid play was that?

Rambo has done a pretty good job. This team is getting more competitive over all. Excluding the Denver game.

SocraticBallin22

3/12/2016  1:04 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:I missed Grant but oh well. Lets play Jose 38 minutes.

Rambis will be forced to play Grant more as the season winds down and we're officially out of it. Only thing I don't like about him is he doesn't play the young players much.

SocraticBallin22

3/12/2016  1:05 AM
nixluva wrote:

Rambo has done a pretty good job. This team is getting more competitive over all. Excluding the Denver game.

Agreed. They're running the triangle much better under him and with poise. I saw great cuts tonight off the ball. Defense more cohesive too. I see improvement or is it just me?

SocraticBallin22

3/12/2016  1:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2016  1:08 AM
Seriously fellas, we were only a couple of KP missed layups away from beating the Clips on the road. High percentage shots. Seems like we're heading in the right direction.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/12/2016  8:25 AM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Seriously fellas, we were only a couple of KP missed layups away from beating the Clips on the road. High percentage shots. Seems like we're heading in the right direction.

Most important, KP is heading in the right direction. 11 free throws attempted now. He's aggressive in the mid-range and post, which is part of him becoming a great player. Isn't sitting outside the 3 point line all the time now. Still takes 3's. Looks like physically he's hit a wall, but he's trying to go/play right through it. Still affects his game.

The other thing, this team's starting backcourt is Sasha Vujacic and Jose Calderon. On any good team these guys would be 3rd string players. The fact is, we're doing what we possibly can given our overall talent. RoLo, KP and Melo playing well. Those are our 3 legit starters. When we get legit backcourt starters, we'll be on a different level. Doesn't matter what system we're running. The talent will make a major difference.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/12/2016  10:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2016  10:09 AM
Grant is doing a better job of finishing after contact which is a big step for him in this league IMO. KP is getting more comfortable weaving his way into the paint. Believe it was about him being 7'3 and not playing against competition this fast before, afraid of getting hurt. Cant say I blame him. They looked better against the clips.

Lopez 20/19
Cole 6/2

Im sure this means a lot more trade Lopez threads coming our way, lol.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/12/2016  11:32 AM
nixluva wrote:

How?

Fisher: 23/54(42%)
Rambis: 4/11(36%)

The Future is Bright!
nixluva
USA
3/12/2016  1:05 PM
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:

How?

Rambis is 4-9 but that's not the point is it. He didn't have a training camp with this team under his control and he took over with them in a free fall.

You obviously aren't paying any attention to the details and fine points of the changes. It's not just about W/L. Are you noticing HOW the Knicks are starting to play? They're getting better, executing better and doing different things now. Adding new elements that will be more impactful in the future. We're seeing guys do things they haven't been doing and that is important. The trends are good IMO.

TPercy
Member: #5748

3/12/2016  3:43 PM
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:

How?

Rambis is 4-9 but that's not the point is it. He didn't have a training camp with this team under his control and he took over with them in a free fall.

You obviously aren't paying any attention to the details and fine points of the changes. It's not just about W/L. Are you noticing HOW the Knicks are starting to play? They're getting better, executing better and doing different things now. Adding new elements that will be more impactful in the future. We're seeing guys do things they haven't been doing and that is important. The trends are good IMO.

He was the assistant coach....I think he has a clear understanding of the team. The only thing I am noticing is that everything is very triangle restricted. Sure, certain plays are getting executed much better under him, but when everyone gets lost like they usually do, we end up turning the ball over a lot more.

The Future is Bright!
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/12/2016  3:45 PM
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:

How?

He was the assistant coach....I think he has a clear understanding of the team. The only thing I am noticing is that everything is very triangle restricted. Sure, certain plays are getting executed much better under him, but when everyone gets lost like they usually do, we end up turning the ball over a lot more.

yeah rambo has never had much success as a head coach thats for sure
nixluva
USA
3/12/2016  6:08 PM
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:

How?

The Training camp is about installing your vision for the team and it very much makes a difference if you're the Head coach or not. He would've had more time to work with and establish his own rotation and his particular priorities for Offense and Defense. It's much harder to do that mid season. That's why most coaches prefer to start the year with the team rather than come in mid stream.

As for your interpretation of the way the team has been under Rambis, I think it undersells the progress they've been making. They should've won in Boston and last night they had a very real chance to win with a few more made shots and a couple of stops. They looked pretty good most of the game. We'll see if it's a sustained and continual improvement.

mreinman
Member: #3189

3/12/2016  8:51 PM
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:

How?

nix don't do numbers

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman
Member: #3189

3/12/2016  8:53 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Grant is doing a better job of finishing after contact which is a big step for him in this league IMO. KP is getting more comfortable weaving his way into the paint. Believe it was about him being 7'3 and not playing against competition this fast before, afraid of getting hurt. Cant say I blame him. They looked better against the clips.

Lopez 20/19
Cole 6/2

Im sure this means a lot more trade Lopez threads coming our way, lol.

now thats funny

so here is what phil is thinking ....
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
3/13/2016  12:24 AM
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:

How?

The Training camp is about installing your vision for the team and it very much makes a difference if you're the Head coach or not. He would've had more time to work with and establish his own rotation and his particular priorities for Offense and Defense. It's much harder to do that mid season. That's why most coaches prefer to start the year with the team rather than come in mid stream.

As for your interpretation of the way the team has been under Rambis, I think it undersells the progress they've been making. They should've won in Boston and last night they had a very real chance to win with a few more made shots and a couple of stops. They looked pretty good most of the game. We'll see if it's a sustained and continual improvement.

Rambis "vision" is the same as Fisher's. Run the triangle like Phil told them to. Improvements usually show up in the win loss column, the more you improve, the more you win. This stretch of basketball isn't even close to other points of the season when the team actually was winning.
Game Thread - Knicks @ Clippers - Sasha's Homecoming

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy