[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
Malcolm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6131

3/9/2016  11:06 PM
arkrud wrote:
Malcolm wrote:I follow the Triangle . . .
You should have nickname Pifagor...
Works for me . . .
AUTOADVERT
ScoreBot
3/9/2016  11:08 PM
4Q - 4:13
PHX 84 NYK 120
Malcolm

3/9/2016  11:08 PM
crzymdups wrote:Apparently the key to the Triangle is to stop missing jumpers. If we do that, we should be good the rest of the year.
Either that . . . or play Phoenix every night.
ScoreBot
3/9/2016  11:12 PM
4Q - 2:35
PHX 89 NYK 122
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/9/2016  11:14 PM
All that shows is if you get better 3 point shooters, better shot makers from the court, the Triangle will do just fine. As if Golden State could run their offense with the talent we have. I mean lets switch teams with the two and you'd see Golden State making the Triangle look great while we'd struggle trying to make their offense look great.

End of the day all great teams have great shot makers. We need more talented players that can make shots and plays to run a better offense on a consistent basis.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/9/2016  11:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/9/2016  11:16 PM
Tuned in and out, dont care that Sasha got PT because Grant did too. He needs it more than any player on the team. Glad to see some progress, looking more confident.
ScoreBot
3/9/2016  11:16 PM
FINAL
PHX 97 NYK 128
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/9/2016  11:16 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:All that shows is if you get better 3 point shooters, better shot makers from the court, the Triangle will do just fine. As if Golden State could run their offense with the talent we have. I mean lets switch teams with the two and you'd see Golden State making the Triangle look great while we'd struggle trying to make their offense look great.

End of the day all great teams have great shot makers. We need more talented players that can make shots and plays to run a better offense on a consistent basis.

The Suns are a terrible terrible team. They have 17 wins and they're missing 3 of their top 5 players...

¿ △ ?
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

3/9/2016  11:17 PM
we did not blow it
good game
Malcolm

3/9/2016  11:19 PM
Vujacic might have been a decent Triangle PG . . . if he had ever had the chance.
nyknickzingis

3/9/2016  11:21 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:All that shows is if you get better 3 point shooters, better shot makers from the court, the Triangle will do just fine. As if Golden State could run their offense with the talent we have. I mean lets switch teams with the two and you'd see Golden State making the Triangle look great while we'd struggle trying to make their offense look great.

The Suns are a terrible terrible team. They have 17 wins and they're missing 3 of their top 5 players...

What does that have to do with what I posted?
Yes the Suns suck.
The Knicks offense rating as a team in the league hovers between 17-19 most of the season. That's actually better than their record. They don't have a ton of talent. They play pretty well for their talent. The problem is that to expect Sasha, DWill, Jose to play like this on a nightly basis, just won't happen. That's why they need to upgrade their talent after Melo, KP, RoLo. If they can do so, if they can get more shot makers, they'll be a much better team running the same offense they have been this year.
crzymdups
USA
3/9/2016  11:22 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

What does that have to do with what I posted?
Yes the Suns suck.
The Knicks offense rating as a team in the league hovers between 17-19 most of the season. That's actually better than their record. They don't have a ton of talent. They play pretty well for their talent. The problem is that to expect Sasha, DWill, Jose to play like this on a nightly basis, just won't happen. That's why they need to upgrade their talent after Melo, KP, RoLo. If they can do so, if they can get more shot makers, they'll be a much better team running the same offense they have been this year.

They won't play like that on a nightly basis because they'll be playing against an actual NBA team most nights. The Suns are not one.

Extrapolating anything from tonight is silly. They blew out a terrible team. That doesn't make them a good team.

¿ △ ?
nyknickzingis

3/9/2016  11:27 PM
The Knicks didn't just beat Suns, they beat Detroit 2 games ago and had Boston down late in the 4th before losing that one. They've been playing ok basketball. The talk is all about their offense, little on their lack of speed and defense. As I keep saying, their rating on O has been in the 16-19 range for the league all season. Their defense started off well then slipped - it's down to 20th in the league now in D rating.

There's been some good moments this year. There's some players on this team worth coming back next year. Porzingis. Lopez. Williams. Grant. Galloway. Melo's an all-star and has a NTC. If the summer goes relatively well in free agency (Add 2 quality players), I don't see any reason they can't win 10-12 more games next year.

crzymdups
USA
3/9/2016  11:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/9/2016  11:38 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:The Knicks didn't just beat Suns, they beat Detroit 2 games ago and had Boston down late in the 4th before losing that one. They've been playing ok basketball. The talk is all about their offense, little on their lack of speed and defense. As I keep saying, their rating on O has been in the 16-19 range for the league all season. Their defense started off well then slipped - it's down to 20th in the league now in D rating.

There's been some good moments this year. There's some players on this team worth coming back next year. Porzingis. Lopez. Williams. Grant. Galloway. Melo's an all-star and has a NTC. If the summer goes relatively well in free agency (Add 2 quality players), I don't see any reason they can't win 10-12 more games next year.

I think they can be much better next season.

I think the biggest issue on D is that KP has lost a step or two from fatigue and rookie wall. And teams have the scouting report on how to play the Knicks - beat them with speed at the guards and go small against them. We need better speed and quickness and ability to contain penetration from oppposing guards - better defense at PG and SG. Sasha was good there tonight - AA and Jose have been brutal lately.

Knicks have to flesh out the roster in such a way that they can play small - not all the time, but at times, matchup small - you NEED to be able to do that these days. You add Brandon Jennings and Kent Bazemore and a healthy Wroten to this team and get some improvement and added strength from Grant and KP and I think they can win 45 games+ easily.

They need to upgrade the guards though - they need two above average guards. Ideally sign two above average guards and Wroten is useful and Grant and Galloway continue to develop. Not sure if I keep Afflalo or not... maybe not.

I don't think Rambis is the right coach to move forward with though.

¿ △ ?
nyknickzingis

3/10/2016  10:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/10/2016  10:20 AM
We're seeing Grant emerge now. He's showing serious improvement from early on. Better shot selection, less dribbling and more fluid play. I've always loved his defensive potential. He's seriously fast and can get into the paint with no hesitation. If Grant can play like this consistently for a season (How he has played the last 2 games) then we've got a really good backup PG next year. Then it's about addressing the starting guard spots, getting quicker and better at making shots. Still think Grant is often overlooked and will turn out to be one of the players/moves Phil will get complimented for - but a year or two from now.

If we can get a starting guard through free agency, and a quality bench player, I'm quite confident in Grant and Porzingis improving their play next year. Porzingis has definitely lost a step since the start of the season. His energy wavers. That's fine. He needs to add some more muscle as well. He's a hard worker. He's going to do it. The key will be Grant, as he has the talent we most covet. Guard that can get into the paint. Guard that can push the ball. Guard that can defend. Guard that can play at a higher paced offense/game. We need him to be the type of player he was these last 2 games on a consistent basis. Even if he gives us just 9 points, 5 boards, 3 assists in 24 minutes a night next year, that will go a long way. That's much much better than what we've had this year from any guard.

I'd like to also move Afflalo to the bench if I can next year, or Lopez. I don't think the chemistry of Porzingis/Lopez/Melo/Afflalo. Too many 1 on 1 guys there. Lopez likes to post up, Porzingis likes to play from mid-post and perimeter in iso's and Melo is the iso king. Afflalo would be a heck of a go to scorer off the bench. He's aggressive and the 2nd unit would have an identity with him. We saw last night how much better it is when you just have a sniper who quickly catches and shoots the ball at 2 guard vs Afflalo.

Going to be interesting to see what happens, but I remain very confident that if Melo's an all-star next year and Phil is able to sign 2 quality players through free agency (Not talking stars here, talking Brazemore level players at best) the Knicks will be a playoff team. And then you go into 2017 with lots of capspace as a playoff team while Westbrook and other top names are free agents, with Porzingis just entering his 3rd year and early prime. 2017 and forward have all our draft picks. I like how we're set up for the 2017 and beyond. As the cap raises even, Melo's massive contract looks less expensive. When pretty much every all-star caliber player is making 25 million a year, Melo's deal won't look like it does today. Guys like Lebron and Durant will be making more than Melo. That's going to work in our favor. I still have some belief that the Knicks need to be patient and things will be very good for us 2017 and beyond. Doesn't matter what system we run we just have to be patient with Porzingis development, keep adding solid free agent moves like RoLo, keep our draft picks and have the capspace in 2017 and beyond to go to work. It'll come together, just not as fast or instant as people were thinking when Dolan brought in Phil.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy