[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks at Denver
Author Thread
SocraticBallin22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6096

3/8/2016  10:05 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Grant needs to learn how to setup players in a half court set.

Grant has a lot of learning to do on all sorts of things.

What Grant needs is playing time; he's not getting enough of it.

AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/8/2016  10:07 PM
Melo is like the anti-Jordan/Kobe. He plays with no intensity, low level of focus. Such a talented scorer but have never seen him really be great on a consistent basis. Tonight's he just not there.

The starters stink in transition, and are just slow.

Rambis made some big mistakes. He saw the smaller lineup with Afflalo at 3 and DWill at 4 work, and instead he went back to a bigger lineup. You have to recognize nights where your size isn't working.

I don't know what to say, other than the Knicks should be competing harder.

Real happy with the 2nd unit - Grant, Gallo, DWill all brought the hustle. I like all 3 and hope they're back next year. All 24 or younger.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/8/2016  10:07 PM
JOSE SUCKS! He just had a fastbreak and pulled it out for no reason! He had a 2 on 1 with Melo! And pulled it up!!! ARGH
¿ △ ?
ScoreBot
3/8/2016  10:08 PM
HALFTIME
DEN 60 NYK 49
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
I saw MELO really laboring to breath. Might be messing with the Knicks.
SocraticBallin22

Knicks just not playing hard or competing enough. Defense was dreadful. Great way to start the west coast trip. Lucky to only be down 11 at the half.
nyknickzingis

3/8/2016  10:10 PM
And while many will look at this as if we can't run the system, the system ran real well with Melo on the bench and D-Will/Gallo/Grant/Afflalo. It's about two things. One, you need speed and athleticism to match up with top level athletes of the NBA. Two, you need to actually commit to the system and defense. Our starters are not up to par with athletic/speed demands of today's NBA and they too often just leave it to Melo to isolate. That's not a system being run properly. Very frustrating to watch the difference in how the team plays with their bench + athleticism vs starters without much athleticism (outside of KP).
SocraticBallin22

3/8/2016  10:10 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Melo is like the anti-Jordan/Kobe. He plays with no intensity, low level of focus. Such a talented scorer but have never seen him really be great on a consistent basis. Tonight's he just not there.

Rambis made some big mistakes. He saw the smaller lineup with Afflalo at 3 and DWill at 4 work, and instead he went back to a bigger lineup. You have to recognize nights where your size isn't working.

Real happy with the 2nd unit - Grant, Gallo, DWill all brought the hustle. I like all 3 and hope they're back next year. All 24 or younger.

That says it all. They are not competing hard enough. Don't deserve to win when you play like that. Melo's focus has not been there tonight.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/8/2016  10:11 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Barton is so much better than any guard on our team. Briggs was right on about that guy.

Yeah when you take 15 guys in the draft and say they'll be good NBA players you're bound to get 1 or 2 right every time.

15? 15k+

so here is what phil is thinking ....
SocraticBallin22

3/8/2016  10:11 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:And while many will look at this as if we can't run the system, the system ran real well with Melo on the bench and D-Will/Gallo/Grant/Afflalo. It's about two things. One, you need speed and athleticism to match up with top level athletes of the NBA. Two, you need to actually commit to the system and defense. Our starters are not up to par with athletic/speed demands of today's NBA and they too often just leave it to Melo to isolate. That's not a system being run properly. Very frustrating to watch the difference in how the team plays with their bench + athleticism vs starters without much athleticism (outside of KP).

Our starting lineup lacks the athleticism to consistently compete or sustain our defense.

nixluva
USA
3/8/2016  10:12 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Melo is like the anti-Jordan/Kobe. He plays with no intensity, low level of focus. Such a talented scorer but have never seen him really be great on a consistent basis. Tonight's he just not there.

That says it all. They are not competing hard enough. Don't deserve to win when you play like that. Melo's focus has not been there tonight.

MELO n KP not playing well is a problem! When your 2 best players struggle it can really impact the team. The bench guys had more effort n energy.

mreinman

3/8/2016  10:14 PM
triangle deflating melo and kp.
nixluva
USA
3/8/2016  10:15 PM
mreinman wrote:triangle deflating melo and kp.

Yes that's it

nyknickzingis

3/8/2016  10:19 PM
I know Rambis has a tight leash for Porzingis, but 9 minutes in a half is ridiculous. He's giving him the Jerian Grant treatment. I guess Phil wants this because they want him correcting his mistakes now vs developing bad habits. I get that, but the lack of flow in minutes is also hurting his flow. He's been out of flow. Either way, I do want Rambis to be hard on him. You want KP to take good shots, to try to elevate his game on both ends. However I'd like a little more playing time for him. He's not going to get a flow the way Rambis has been yanking him.
mreinman

3/8/2016  10:20 PM
just wait until 5 tool T-Wro gets here. We are gonna fly ......
mreinman

3/8/2016  10:21 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I know Rambis has a tight leash for Porzingis, but 9 minutes in a half is ridiculous. He's giving him the Jerian Grant treatment. I guess Phil wants this because they want him correcting his mistakes now vs developing bad habits. I get that, but the lack of flow in minutes is also hurting his flow. He's been out of flow. Either way, I do want Rambis to be hard on him. You want KP to take good shots, to try to elevate his game on both ends. However I'd like a little more playing time for him. He's not going to get a flow the way Rambis has been yanking him.

he took a three ... they not happy ... want hooks

SocraticBallin22

3/8/2016  10:23 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I know Rambis has a tight leash for Porzingis, but 9 minutes in a half is ridiculous. He's giving him the Jerian Grant treatment. I guess Phil wants this because they want him correcting his mistakes now vs developing bad habits. I get that, but the lack of flow in minutes is also hurting his flow. He's been out of flow. Either way, I do want Rambis to be hard on him. You want KP to take good shots, to try to elevate his game on both ends. However I'd like a little more playing time for him. He's not going to get a flow the way Rambis has been yanking him.

Rambis has no patience for any of the young players--including KP.

ScoreBot
3/8/2016  10:24 PM
3Q - 11:47
DEN 60 NYK 49
nixluva
USA

KP just needed to be refocused. I expect him to be more "with it" in the 2nd half. I'm not gonna be too judgmental of Rambis methods just yet.

mreinman

kp passes up open 3.

rambis earning his triangles

Game Thread: Knicks at Denver

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy